Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Finance - am I off to a good start?

Finance - am I off to a good start?

I have questions for experienced players after reading threads on finance. Many who go past levels 20 to 30 have a hard time managing squads due to player wages and lack of income. I want to find out if I am off to a good start with my team in terms of finance or... if anything needs to be changed.

I am at level 2. When signing up, I was fortunate enough to inherit a team that could win the league in the first season - and I did. That provided funds.

At the beginning of the the current season, I invested heavily in transfers to overhaul the squad, getting a mix of young players who are developing well, a strong young keeper, some established midfielders and a couple of veterans to plug holes.

I also invested in the stadium to maximize the number of seats, merchandising, training and medical facilities, as well as youth ranks for the long run. The point is generating as much cash as possible early and counting on the youth ranks to provide players, while minimizing transfers.

Cup and Champions League progress have made up for early spending and I hope to accumulate money from now on, to save for later.

Do I have the right approach? Should I change anything to it?
    Cat Harrison and Laftan Anla like this.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yes.

But when you say "invest" please tell me you do not mean you used T to rush building... that is not necessary (there are limits to attendance per level) but it is good to continuously build, for sure!

Finances are pretty easy in the early levels. Just be sparing with win bonuses. As you level up it will become more important but might as well start early! Also keep your ticket prices just low enough to keep a full stadium.

When you are a few levels more up, you will want to look for Free Agents to buy and sell, as well as signing and selling your free Youth, I usually keep a slot open for that, but the first few levels it's not worth it, as there aren't enough people below you to want to buy them.
    jojet and mmunger like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Yes.

But when you say "invest" please tell me you do not mean you used T to rush building... that is not necessary (there are limits to attendance per level) but it is good to continuously build, for sure!

Finances are pretty easy in the early levels. Just be sparing with win bonuses. As you level up it will become more important but might as well start early! Also keep your ticket prices just low enough to keep a full stadium.

When you are a few levels more up, you will want to look for Free Agents to buy and sell, as well as signing and selling your free Youth, I usually keep a slot open for that, but the first few levels it's not worth it, as there aren't enough people below you to want to buy them.
    "I also invested in the stadium to maximize the number of seats, " LOL

And thats why we always suggest our guests to take a look some guide.

Max of atatndance level 1 is 600 persons if you have a stadium of 240.000 seats in level 1 = 239.400 are empty seats, just for the birds that come to eat popcorns and so xD

Just to answer your question, I'm at 3000 seats and I am aware of the caps. I get 2500 fans per home game. That's what I maximized I admit having rushed a couple of items like that so they would pay off as quickly as possible.
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post
    Just to answer your question, I'm at 3000 seats and I am aware of the caps. I get 2500 fans per home game. That's what I maximized I admit having rushed a couple of items like that so they would pay off as quickly as possible.
    Ok then you going for the good way.. don't loose the way... LOL

Don't do anymore rushing, just immediately start building after something finishes.

oh yeah like khris said.. there's lots of info on the Forum, this thread has collected some:

http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ls-guides.html
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 05-23-2015 at 05:42 AM.
    mmunger likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good question mmunger,
    We have a similar approach in playing this game and I'm also a level two manager.
    I struggle with the question shall I improve my team spending the money, or save it for later.
    I enjoy spending it looking for the best players I can get.
    But saving money for spending later on is probably better?

Wellll... not so much saving, but getting the most out of your resources. Early on (really until you are done building) the facilities should be a priority along with good players. So you need to save up enough for the next facility (stadiums get very expensive) as well as having enough to sign new guys and renew contracts. I try to buy later in the Season so no bidding war/high price many Token players.

But too, you want to buy the most expensive players as usually they are faster trainers and will last longer in your team, saving money by not having to buy a new guy next season. Try to build toward having the starters be the best you can afford, and go cheaper with the bench... and eventually they will rotate out as the starters age/lose stars.
    jojet likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jojet View Post
    Good question mmunger,
    We have a similar approach in playing this game and I'm also a level two manager.
    I struggle with the question shall I improve my team spending the money, or save it for later.
    I enjoy spending it looking for the best players I can get.
    But saving money for spending later on is probably better?
    My best guess is "it depends on how you manage".

I'm looking at a potential Champions League semi opponent, also at level 2, who has done this:

- His team has a quality average that is almost 5 points ahead of mine (!)
    - His budget is 317k
    - His average age is 28 (!)

If he wins a treble, he may have less than two millions in the bank at the end of the season and my current results guarantee I will have more than double that. And he will surely have to spend more to remain competitive, while I have young, faster trainers on board.

If you are copying his method... I am not sure your approach is good. I'd rather save some for the future.
    Cat Harrison and jojet like this.

Sounds like you're going the way I do, buy youngsters and train & keep them as long as you can. In a level or two your facility will start producing Youths, the ones that cost Tokens tend to be fast trainers (and don't cost $$) and I usually go for them if they are an upgrade for who they are replacing.

Even on my 35T team I try to buy the expensive youths from the TL for key positions, in the long run it saves me T.
    mmunger and jojet like this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast