Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: WTF is wrong with auctions?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    39

    WTF is wrong with auctions?

    So, here is the story. I put a bid on a player with sth around 1.5min to go. I won that part and we went to KO round. Someone outbidded mi like 0:01 left in that normal, first round or just with 1 or 2 second into KO round. So a few seconds into 1st KO round I made another bid and I was winning...untill 0:01 in KO round when someone outbided me and WON the whole thing. I guess it doesn't matter who made a bid and was interested in the player, time-hawks are always winning because they will just put a bid last second?

    Another situation - I was leading in KO round (after bidding in normal phase of auction), untill (again) some time-hawk put a bid last second. Why am I require to simply WASTE priceless token, when Im winning in KO round anyway?

    Im sure some veteran players will come at me here, quoting rules or some bs from TEwiki page (Yes, I did read it so don't bother copying it here, waste of time), but tokens are basically PRICELESS for 90% of people, that can't put real money into a game for one reason or another. Especially, since "Earn Token" thing is almost US-exclusive. For me 80% of offers there are "Pay and get", 15% are survey that are simply scam, because they take your info and at the very end they will tell you didnt qualify, so no tokens awarded and remaining 5% show up once a month, with 1-2 tokens at best. And with all that - Im being FORCED to waste those priceless tokens to bid twice, for no reason at all, just to remind the game "Hey, I bid 5 seconds ago and Im still fn interested in getting this player" or I can forget about improving my team.

    Is it really how it suppose to be? I mean, either you pay us to get 1 billion tokens so you can actually win an auction for decent player with them, or you are F'd. I know how it works and I know that paying in those free web games only helps you a bit, without giving you actual unfair advantage over other - but since you can do s**t without tokens, it doesn't work like that... :/

  2. #2
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    399
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

    I will try to answer your questions, but please check out my videos, specifically the one on Auction Strategies.

    You have to bid every round or it goes to the last bidder.
    Time Hawks don't always win, there is a counter strategy to this.

    You should never place more than 1 token in a round for any reason.

    I don't have a billion tokens, I farm a lot and have over 1,000, but I have been accumulating them for 12 seasons. I usually get the players I want, but not always. It's very random, sometimes I'll get a super expensive player for nothing, sometimes I can bid all day and never get him. Learn how to recognize the owners you don't want to go against in auctions.

    Again, see my video and all your questions on Auctions should be answered.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

    I will try to answer your questions, but please check out my videos, specifically the one on Auction Strategies.

    You have to bid every round or it goes to the last bidder.
    Time Hawks don't always win, there is a counter strategy to this.

    You should never place more than 1 token in a round for any reason.

    I don't have a billion tokens, I farm a lot and have over 1,000, but I have been accumulating them for 12 seasons. I usually get the players I want, but not always. It's very random, sometimes I'll get a super expensive player for nothing, sometimes I can bid all day and never get him. Learn how to recognize the owners you don't want to go against in auctions.

    Again, see my video and all your questions on Auctions should be answered.
    So, why do I HAVE to do that, just to stay in the acution Im winning? It makes no sense whatsoever. Player who comes into KO round as a leader, should be qualified automaticlly for next round, if it is needed. Yet you can just wait it for last second and enjoy your win...

  4. #4
    VIP Buffs Mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,268
    Sniping wins if the other didn't bid in the round, usually because the other doesn't understand the meaning of leader. Or, because it takes the Lead and no one bids in the next round.
    Leader is meaningless unless its the only bidder in the round or no one bids in the next round.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-25-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Gert Funck and Cat Harrison like this.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    39
    Yeah and that sucks...because if Im winning, bidding again would be waste of token. And then snipping screws a player who was on the lead, beause he didn't want to waste another token...

  6. #6
    VIP Buffs Mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Victusify View Post
    Yeah and that sucks...because if Im winning, bidding again would be waste of token. And then snipping screws a player who was on the lead, beause he didn't want to waste another token...
    The only way to guarantee you stay in the auction is to bid once in each round. That's the 'spend tokens' mechanic Nordeus uses. As long as there are 2 bidders in a round there is another round.

    You can set up a snipe by being the first bidder then if another bidder comes in that round just hope he thinks no other bid is necessary and leaves it open for the snipe at the end of the next round.
    You can discourage sniping by bidding early in the round and maybe set up a snipe.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    39
    And that makes no sense. Becuase if I coming to KO round as a leader - then I HAVE to bid again (waste another token) just to be CONSIDERED for another round. If I don't waste it like that, I will just get sniped every. damn. time...
    Gert Funck likes this.

  8. #8
    Famous kynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,005
    The only time it is worth trying to be the last bidder in a round is if its the last time you are going to use a token, or you are down to your last one.

    I see several people put a bid in with 1 or 2 seconds to go at the end of each round, thinking they are being clever getting the bid in at the last second, yet I always bid at the start of the round. If two people are wanting that player then it will go to the next round if you bid with 20 seconds to go or just 1 second. It is that simple.

    By waiting until the last possible second to bid to become the round leader you get no extra, other than you win the player if no one bids in the next round. If you are prepared to bid in the next round then get the bid in early. I know several people who use the last second bid who have lost out on players as their bid hasn't gone in on time. Its their own fault as waiting until the last possible second to bid is simply stupidity.

    Of course, if you have a limit of tokens you are going to use on a player, or are down to your last token then its wise to wait until the last possible moment of a round to use the token on your LAST and final bid. Other than that its a stupid strategy.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    39
    I see wisdom in your words, though my point is simple - when Im leading the pack in aucton, then - I like it or not - I HAVE to outbid myself, to make sure I won't get sniped. If I don't do it - 95% of times, I will get sniped. Why do I have to waste tokens like that, just to be considered as a user who wants this player, while Im leading the auction for it? :/

  10. #10
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Victusify View Post
    I see wisdom in your words, though my point is simple - when Im leading the pack in aucton, then - I like it or not - I HAVE to outbid myself, to make sure I won't get sniped. If I don't do it - 95% of times, I will get sniped. Why do I have to waste tokens like that, just to be considered as a user who wants this player, while Im leading the auction for it? :/
    No you don't

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast