Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?

One thing I don't like in your players is lack of balance. For instance, your striker has poor defensive skills. Improve that and he will play better off the ball, marking and forcing counterattacks. Right now, he may only play well with the ball. This can be a contributing factor. It is a shortcoming I have learned to address in my own team.

Also, improving his defensive skills will improve his heading. Surely useful for a striker who may score on headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmunger; 05-30-2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Example of what I mean in my previous message. Take a look at this young striker:

Skills:

High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-young1.jpg

As you can see, there isn't a huge gap between his offensive and defensive skills. He tends to score headers as live action describes his leaps to get the ball on corner kicks.

The result:

High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-young2.jpg

He was a three-star guy for most of the season, but he was a productive striker, as you can see. Plenty of league and Cup goals, and an 8 rating 50% of the time despite lack of quality in comparison with others. And he plays well against tougher opposition.
    Last edited by mmunger; 05-30-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

@mmunger, yeah find out what works best for your player its the same with other roles. One of my fullbacks seems to like attacking higher than the other but it could just all be in my head.

Here's an alt Striker who's not interested in defending - I'll raise his Physical a bit more then, if he keeps performing I'll add 1 to each until something happens to make me change. Particularly for NordGems, if they perform I'll keep a screeny of 'distribution' which I can return to if necessary.

some times you need to be patience with them...
    cookizzz likes this.

Famous
    Absolutely agree. Some players badly play for a period on joining new team. But they may finally become a well performing player for long period of time. Besides, if the team perform inconsistently, it is hard to notice the true form of the players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12