Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?

High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?

Level 2 at the time of writing The first guy I have is a keeper cost me over 1m. He is a "(28) 5 star quality". Young aged 23.
    He was supposed to be my number one keeper for the season has shot stopping ability and everything.
    But his stats for the league have not been great 6-7-5-5-6 in the league and 6-6-4 in the CL.

The 1m keeper has actually played his way out of the team and my second keeper valued at just 210k a 3 star (16) is way more consistent and looks like the new number one. His stats are 7-7-7-7-6 in the league and 6-7-7 in the CL and 7-7 in the cup! I realise that if a game is dominated the keeper may not be involved but the stats don't lie!

What is the done thing in this case sell the expensive keeper (which I won a mini bidding war to get 6 tokens) or wait until he hits form?

I have a striker who I brought from the youth team for 15 tokens early in the season. I did this so I would have a high value asset. I set about power training him. But he has not been as consistent or as explosive as I thought.

His stats are 7-6-6-8-6 in the league and 6-6 in the champions league. I now use him as an (impact sub if he is lucky) or against really weak opponents all out attack formations. The only advantage to him is that he is a fast trainer, so now I continue power train him until he has very low condition left and leave him on the bench to get fit again.

What do the rest of you do with these type of players. Cash out or keep and persevere in the hope that the player's form will improve?

I am reluctant to change formation to accommodate the youth striker permanently as the one I have settled on is working extremely well.

If you are unable to make formation changes that accommodate players and find that boosting morale does little for performance, train them to boost their quality and sell when they have enough value.

Sometimes, a player does not deliver and you have to manage your team accordingly.

Sometimes, guys perform better than their quality level or value will suggest. I keep a three-star striker because the guy scores and does well on a regular basis.

Your mileage may vary.

Also... can you share screenshots of his skills and statistics?
    Last edited by mmunger; 05-28-2015 at 12:22 AM.
    Joe Smith and Buffs Mad like this.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post
    If you are unable to make formation changes that accommodate players and find that boosting morale does little for performance, train them to boost their quality and sell when they have enough value.

Sometimes, a player does not deliver and you have to manage your team accordingly.

Sometimes, guys perform better than their quality level or value will suggest. I keep a three-star striker because the guy scores and does well on a regular basis.

Your mileage may vary.

Also... can you share screenshots of his skills and statistics?
    Here is the youth strikers attributes:High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-youth-striker-attrib.jpg

Youth strikers form:High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-youth-stirker-form.jpg

High Priced Keeper attributes: High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-highpriced-keeper.attrib.jpg

High Priced Keeper form: High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-high-priced-keeper-form.jpg

Low priced Keeper attributes: High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-low-priced-keeper-attrib.jpg

Low Priced Keeper form: High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-low-priced-keeper-form.jpg

In summary youth player is only playing average. I plan to keep power training him and build up his defensive and physical stats. I think this may be the problem as he is an "unbalanced". I think I might get away with poor defensive stats but not poor physical and mental stats.

The Low priced keeper is performing better then the high priced keeper consistently!

Youth Striker Attributes see below:High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-youth-striker-attrib.jpg
    Youth Striker Form see below:High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-youth-stirker-form.jpg
    High Priced Keeper Attributes see below:High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-highpriced-keeper.attrib.jpg
    High Priced Keeper Form see below :High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-high-priced-keeper-form.jpg
    Low Priced Keeper Attributes see below :High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-low-priced-keeper-attrib.jpg
    High Priced Keeper Form see below:High Value Players not performing 6-7-5-5-6 stats etc what do you do with them?-low-priced-keeper-form.jpg

Basically this means that the youth striker is performing average at best. I am trying to power train him to get better physical and mental skills as well as attacking now. I think this may be the problem.

The low priced keeper is "keeping" the high priced keeper out of the team because of consistant performances
    Last edited by Joe Smith; 05-29-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Addicted
    Keeper stas are often misleading because if you are winning games easily and not letting goals in then your keeper has nothing to do so will get a poor rating. What they are effectively doing is marshalling the defense so there is no danger. A keeper with a lower star rating may have to do more (and therefore get better stats) because the defense is weaker with him in the team.

Dreamer
    Just bench the bad form player and use the good one until he stop producing good results (no 8 form or averaged below 7 in 5 games).

Put your high quality player in and tada~
    Buffs Mad likes this.

High value does not come from performance. Your buying Q + Training rate.

Players get bad ratings because they are bad performers or because they are put in a position where they can't perform well. If an MC, DMC or GK is rarely involved and makes 1 mistake the ratings will hammer him - first question I ask is did my system (opponents system give him any opportunities) - if the answer is yes, bench him. If he's not that important to the team, either persevere and bench him or sell him - but first check if there are events that occurred that could have contributed to it such as injury and PK misses.

PS. my ST scored 2 PKs and missed 2 PKs in one game, got injured in the next and slumped - benched, subbed, cuddled then back to form but took about 11 games to get him back on form, 4x8 n 3x9 in last 7 games (mix of 7,8 & 9s before then).

The numbers 1st 7 days rated - 8.08, 2nd 7 - 7.92, 3rd - 7.10, 4th 8.08. PK misses were on Day 12, Injury Day 14 iirc

PS. Ofc it could just all be Voodoo - in my head

Rookie
    don't keep players with small rating performance. buy other player...!!!

You never will see a team with full of players with 9-9-9-9-9 LOL...
    Max. I had 2.... and a "sometimes" 3rd player alternating 9's with another player.

Brian Daboren 10 matches 4 goals 4 assistances is a good contribution to the team, thats what you have to see.

In the case of GK's is difficult to know if is good or not coz there are not rankings and so, just looking at the comments you can know if is worth or not... if saves fouls, 1vs1, corners... then, this is your keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    You never will see a team with full of players with 9-9-9-9-9 LOL...
    Max. I had 2.... and a "sometimes" 3rd player alternating 9's with another player.

Brian Daboren 10 matches 4 goals 4 assistances is a good contribution to the team, thats what you have to see.

In the case of GK's is difficult to know if is good or not coz there are not rankings and so, just looking at the comments you can know if is worth or not... if saves fouls, 1vs1, corners... then, this is your keeper.
    You do know. Thats what the ratings are there for.

You don't know the difference between doing nothing and doing equally good and bad to get an average rating but a bad rating is a bad performance. How bad is up to the Manager to guess/figure out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast