Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Timmy Tee
  • 1 Post By satansboss

Thread: Left foot right foot

Dreamer

Left foot right foot

I'm surprised by how many players on here are playing on their "wrong side", I mean right footed players on the left (DL, DML, ML, AML) and vice versa.

In my day, preference was always given to players whose stronger foot suited that position. As there were more right footed than left footed players, left footers were pretty much guaranteed a game. Although, I still enjoy playing down the left wing then cutting in and firing a shot with my favoured right foot. The trouble is that when I hit the by-line, I have to move back to my right to get a cross in.

How much does a player's naturally stronger side influence your purchase or selection?

I've heard of sorting out the corner/free kick takers into left/right footers, but I'm not sure I agree.

Any thoughts?
    Skidz likes this.

Rookie
    robben

its not big deal for me
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.

I have a Right Footed ML/AML that is in my starting XI for nearly every game and he is my top goalscorer this season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I too have these questions, why are so many left-footed players DR, DMR, AMR and MR? That doesn't happen too much in the real world, left-footed players are rare and cannot be wasted playing on the right side? But I will go with common sense and trust the programmers at top 11 are not Ding Dongs ?!? So I do purchase left-footed player and put on them on the left side, DC, DMC, MC and ST and vice versa right-footed on the right side, I have no proof this works better, just a general sense from experience, they are doing better. Just my two cents.

P.S. Just researching Corner taking Sp. Ab. players, left-foot on left corner, right-foot on right corner? or the opposite, if anyone knows please share, I heard different things from different people. I'm going with the former. Enjoy, Godspeed.

Titans FC
    League level 4
    Winner league: 1,2 and 3
    Winner champions league: 2 and 3
    Last edited by Philip L. Willis; 06-07-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Must be hit and miss. I do not purchase players playing on the "wrong" side anymore. I've had 2-3 noticeably bad experiences with them. If there have been successful wrong-footed players, I didn't take notice so it could be that I just had a couple bad players and coincidentally, they were playing the wrong side.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I always try to get these players but its not always possible!, having said that not everyone performs so having players with multiple positions really helps as some players perform best in certain positions and formations!, but on a whole I will always play left footed on the left aand right footed on the right.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Fir Tree, Durham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Tee View Post
    I'm surprised by how many players on here are playing on their "wrong side", I mean right footed players on the left (DL, DML, ML, AML) and vice versa.

In my day, preference was always given to players whose stronger foot suited that position. As there were more right footed than left footed players, left footers were pretty much guaranteed a game. Although, I still enjoy playing down the left wing then cutting in and firing a shot with my favoured right foot. The trouble is that when I hit the by-line, I have to move back to my right to get a cross in.

How much does a player's naturally stronger side influence your purchase or selection?

I've heard of sorting out the corner/free kick takers into left/right footers, but I'm not sure I agree.

Any thoughts?
    your confusing this GAME with reality Timmy and they are a million miles apart mate
    Skidz likes this.
    Sartres Disciples Lvl 12

League
    Champions lvl 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13 Runner up lvl 8
    26-0-0 Lvl 4

Champions League Lvl 3,4,6,7,8,9,12,13 Runner up Lvl 2,5,10

Cup Lvl 4,12 Runner up Lvl 7 3rd Place Lvl 2

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”