Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A few questions. Hope someone can help :)

A few questions. Hope someone can help :)

1. How exactly youth academy works? I couldn't find much info on wiki. I mean, what determines their skills besides level of youth academy's level, what are chances to land a good player, what you usually do with players from them and can I just sign them when they appear, or I have to pay tokens for them?

2. How big difference it is in-game between players with skills - for example - Q24 and Q29? For example, I have a GK with Q24 - will it be big improvement if I buy Q29 GK?

3. What SA Shadow Striker gives? I mean, it boosts shooting or what?

4. When merchandise/food stands on stadium give good profit? For now I have lvl 2 and I get like 500-700$ per game from it.

5. Is there something I can do if I did an offer for tokens and I didn't receive them, besides writing a message through help section on sponsor's page? I sent quite a few of them and didn't even receive a reply...

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    1. It's pretty random. You get a free player that costs nothing that will be lower Q than the other, which will cost twelve to twenty four Tokens. Usually the Token one is a good trainer/player. The freebie is for bench or sell.

2. Think about Q difference in math terms.. 29 is about a fifth again more than 24. A Star is a big difference in lower levels, but as you level up it gets smaller percentage of total Q.

3. You know where the commentary says when player shoots from a distance? That's where the SA seems to work, at least that I have seen.

4. In early levels your best way to make money is to buy and sell Free Agents. The facilities income does rise as you build more.

5. You mention the only thing you can do, the help section of the sponsor. That and posting on here which company so others can know to avoid.

good luck.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    The reason no one wrote much info about the academy on the wiki is cause no one uses it. Academy players are a worse deal than scouts.

At early levels, yeah. But later on when the market isn't so easy to get good players you might find the Academy more useful.
    I have several of my home grown players on my team. They are good players with consistent ratings, and fast trainers.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, for now Im looking for 29-30 yr old with Q29, so I can win some and save up money and tokens for later C:

So, just to clarify - is it worth it to change GKs now? I mean, mine has 24yr and Q24. Would it be good idea to get 29-30yr old with Q29? D:

Old guys can be tough... remember you won't be able to sell him as easily as your 24yo, and likely if you keep him a season or two then you will have to sack him. So, they can be good for short term success but long term can be expensive.

Does your current GK get bad ratings? Lost matches for you? Then yeah maybe replace him.

Do you only keep one GK? You could buy your elderly fellow and keep your current on the bench (at least until you know the replacement isn't rotten)
    Bunzo likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

if! it is better too wait buying new (old) player starting next season. in two days he will be a star lower in quality if bought now
    Cat Harrison likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

yes of course! Unless you aren't promoting remember they lose a star day 1. I should have mentioned that...
    Gert Funck likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    If it is young it's good.

I won most of my first leagues by buying 4* players below 25.
    3~4* young players gain more progress than 5* meaning you will get richer when you sell them, because their market value increase more and you have a greater number of them.

Get two 5* oldies for captain you will have a solid team that will blast off so many newbs like there is no tomorrow.

Dreamer
    I wouldn't buy anyone in the final week of the season unless:
    A: I am not promoting
    B: I am fighting for a critical position in the standings (1st or 4th) and I need this player to help me get over the top
    C: It's a 18-19 yr old I really could use next season that I can easily power train up.
    D: It's a player I can use as a flex even at 3/4 stars. (Example: Guy plays 2 or 3 useful position and has a useful ability)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast