Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: Season 67 - Week 4

What have you learned from last season?

Playing friendly games was a good way to generate income (until they nuked the amount of money you could make off it today), although it totally killed your red pack stacks due to injurys.

The lack of action on the markets makes buying players so easy, however at the same time it makes it impossible to sell players.

Where did you place last season?

Finished 2nd in the league, losing the title on goal difference - annoying as I had 3 3-0 forfit wins against the worst teams in the league whilst the league winner hit 10+ each time against them and won the title by 13 goals.

Runner up in the CL.

Cant recall if it was the second or third round of the Cup, but didn't last long in that one.

What's your current level?

Level 30.

What's your budget for this season?

After a day of bringing new players in and selling I am currently left with the following -

6.9B, 14,592 tokens, with 9 being held back on a notification so far.

Who do you want to replace?

I've done most of my business so far today. Pasztor in the photo above is a new recruit and is only a couple of cones away from Scout status. My plan is to sell Brandao (he will be listed until sold, or eventually sacked if I run out of space) and fill the squad with another ML and a MR. Currently have a ML on negs list, so if I can get him then that just leaves a MR to go. If I can get a 3rd MR in close to 6 star I will then sack/sell one of the other MRs.

What are your goals for this season?

Challenge for the title. A top 4 finish at very worse. Looking at the CL I am the strongest team in it, so barring troll results I expect to get to the Semi's at least. Not bothered about the cup, already lost the first leg 1-0, but playing against teams several levels better than me.
    Last edited by kynan; 06-01-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Famous
    Season began with a 2:0 home win in the cup.

Several rosters moves so far, 2 from auction (including 1 nordgen), 1 from negotiations and 3 scouts. I'm really impressed with my new Nordgen. He got MOTM in a friendly earlier today. I normally wouldn't mention MOTM in a friendly, but he's a goalie. His form so far is 7, 7(cup), 8, 8.

a couple of the scouts seem decent, and the other i'm not so confident about.

The negotiation acquisition is a 31 yr old MR/AMR but got an 8 is his lone appearance (a friendly).
    talisman, Gert Funck and Buffs Mad like this.

LOL... saw the cup, L18 vs L22, 1/3 team without contract and lost 3-1

Famous
    L23 Team

The team got 6 new players after spending 20 tokens on auction. That's quite incredible for my higher level team. Not sure if I was lucky or the market became easier in this season.

I originally planned to slowly upgrade roster and use my 3* players for medium period in this season. After the upgrade progress has been accelerated, I worried if this will impact the team form. I still have two versatile 3* players in roster. At the same time, 2 new 5* players are pending to sign, but they are necessarily replacement of the 3* players.

For cup match, the team trailed 0-1 in away match. This result was not good (no away goal) but team performance was okay. The strikers did not perform well enough.

L15 Team

Added 4 new players with about 5 tokens. 1 of them was free agent and has already been sold immediately. 1 of them is still pending to sign. The void of MR/AMR and ST has not yet been filled. But I believe the team has sufficient strength to handle upcoming matches.

In first cup match, the team won 8-0 against an 1 level higher, similar in quality but "various players out of positions" team at home. I just checked and noticed that the manager has already properly set the roster and sold many around 30 year old players. But it is too late.
    talisman and Buffs Mad like this.

I got a developer message today at login, that budgets were made better for high level managers like me. I didn't get a printscreen, has anyone got that or know what this means?

I hate new day announcements. My first priority is to check the market, not read updates while losing players at auction.

In Uniteds club news: Two now 1 token signings this morning

Season 67 - Week 4-capture.jpgSeason 67 - Week 4-capture2.jpg

wait they are both both legged
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 06-01-2015 at 05:34 AM. Reason: spelling and sorts
    Cat Harrison and Buffs Mad like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Dreamer
    I got that message too. Nothing seems to be changed.

I suspect they are going to greatly increase the prize per match for league games so that friendly isn't mandatory to keep a positive balance, but we won't be sure until tomorrow's league draw.
    Gert Funck and Buffs Mad like this.

i think they increase the prize money. at least it does true for Cl and Cup
    now i can earn 75 M for just CL final
    Last edited by tongly45; 06-01-2015 at 08:06 AM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Addicted
    Yes, got the message too.
    Season 67 - Week 4-t11.jpg
    An idea of what the changes are would be nice. Nothing on the news feed.
    Currently my level 34 teams wages are 26.4M and I am running on the bare minimum. Home game income is about 21M and away 2M so losing about 15M per day on average. No CL for me this season and the cup draw has put me in a group of level 35 and 36 teams so I cannot see me going too far in the cup. It is going to have to be a massive increase for me to balance the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    I got a developer message today at login, that budgets were made better for high level managers like me. I didn't get a printscreen, has anyone got that or know what this means?
    I got that message too, Gert - was on mobile at the time, so no screenshot either...

EDIT: but then again, other people can do...

If it's just an end-of-season prize money increase, how is that going to help? Take away earning potential during the season (friendlies) and when it's too late and we've all gone bust, give us extra money...
    Last edited by talisman; 06-01-2015 at 12:35 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    If it's just an end-of-season prize money increase, how is that going to help? Take away earning potential during the season (friendlies) and when it's too late and we've all gone bust, give us extra money...
    Prize money are go for 2 or 3 times better in Cup and Champions league
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast