Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why buy players at end of season ? its waist of money right ?

Dreamer
    I bought couple of players last few days, I got some players at their 3 rd year contract its time to sell them also it got much least competition in Auction war. New player might lost some value next season and 2 years left in their contract but u do safe tokens to buy now

if you get a 4/9 player at the end of the season then he might be a 5* player again in the first week of the following season. and you saved tokens in the process. And if you upgraded from a 1/6 to 4/9 player in the meantime, all the better, especially when it comes to bench.

Oh yeah, also I'm competing for league, champions, and cup and my AML gets 11 game injury. Sorry he is replaceable immediately, even if he is higher scorer and one of my favorites.

there's always some reasons to buy players at any time
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger View Post
    wow u r a moron or what ? only quality matters LOL
    No, there's also something called tactics. I have beaten teams much better than me, using tactics to counter the opponent .. Oh but apparently "only quality matters". What do you have to say about that?

Don't always expect to win if you're the better team.. That doesn't usually end well when it happens.
    shwanko07 and July Fourth like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauros View Post
    I know i did.
    Just bought a DL and a DC for a total of 5 tokens. 5 star each. 24 and 20 of age.

Could not do this earlier in the season.
    Still spending too many tokens, I would paid no more than 4 for two 5 stars player

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado88 View Post
    No reason I can think of, even if you need subs ..you can get better ones on sunday.
    Yes, but you need to have plenty of tokens to enter into auction war...... The first week is the busiest........
    Season 1 - League winner (7 matches to go from 6th place)
    Season 2 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (play off) (always facing 15-20 quality higher)
    Season 3 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 4 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 5 - 2nd runner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (hmm....!!!)
    Season 6 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Gafaton View Post
    and quality isnt everything, i lol when ppl start crying on forum: "i've more quality and i'm losing games" l0l
    You cant say so, Generally the higher the quality, the better the team is.... Its like Man city and QPR.... Ofcoz tactic play important role in football.

it is reasonable that QPR beat Man city (1-0/2-0), as it is football nature, thing like that can happen

But thing like Man City lost 5-0 to QPR, it becomes ridiculous......
    Last edited by ice87s; 03-07-2013 at 04:13 AM.
    Season 1 - League winner (7 matches to go from 6th place)
    Season 2 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (play off) (always facing 15-20 quality higher)
    Season 3 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 4 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 5 - 2nd runner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (hmm....!!!)
    Season 6 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter)

Yes i should add about my previous comment that on my server 99% of the players available on auction are only 3* and very occasionally they have 4* , even more rarely 5* so competition is incredibly fierce for the quality players already. At the start of a season...forget about it.
    I tend to try and save up for players from my Scout list and avoid auctions as i would waste more tokens bidding and losing out than i would buying Scouts.
    I do sometimes attempt to negotiate for players but that system seems really stupid for both the buyer and the seller. Most of the time i am offering at most around 10 - 15 tokens to the seller which is never enough. If i offer anymore then it makes no sense for me. Only Nordeus seem to win out of that situation, or i suppose friends can transfer to each other. I have only successfully got one player that way.
    I have got a few decent enough players on the auctions but its purely down to being in the right place at the right time and getting lucky. The bidding technique of always going first then switching it up and making a last minute bid helps too.

Also how does the auction list even function? Anytime i log in all the auctions have are at least 2-5 hours to go so i am unable to get anything done when i have the time to be on. I can't always log in later just to bid on a player for this game so that also adds to the frustration of auctions.
    Why can't it be real time? i.e when a player gets added by a seller it appears immediately on my auction list? I can't even work out how its done currently but it appears to be more like I am seeing windows of opportunity that run out and are then replaced by a whole new auction list that updates once every 2-3 hours or something.
    dimdim1 likes this.

I always buy subs by end of season
    and may be a waste of money, but big save in tokens which is money anyway
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    I always buy subs by end of season
    and may be a waste of money, but big save in tokens which is money anyway
    I agree

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast