Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kynan
  • 1 Post By dippo
  • 1 Post By khris

Thread: friendlies?

Apprentice

friendlies?

Ok so i'm new, but why play friendlies? If you are home you get tired. more so than practice, at least with practice you can calculate the time and how much to train if you aren't going to green pack. You don't make money off them, so can some "veterans" tell me why schedule them?

To test

Really is an important part of the work as manager... test, prove players and see the better positions for every player, best man in corners, fouls... is more important than what some people think in my opinion...

You get money from friendlies - as well as packs. For some, higher up finance is a big issue and playing friendlies is a good way to keep in profit.

Also as you can make as many subs in a friendly as you want you can sub players when they get to a condition you don't want them to fall below.

Personally I prefer friendlies to training. I get money and packs from them, can try different tactics out, plus keep track on how fit my players are. I play several every single day.

Apart from when I power train I NEVER use the normal training options any more as I don't think its worthwhile - plus the amount of stupid injuries from stretching is ridiculous. Of course, you get injuries from friendlies too, but they don't seem to be as frequent as training - plus you get a red pack every game to counter this, which you don't get in training.

Friendlies >>>>>>> Training.
    khris and Exelous like this.

I for one only schedule friendlies when I want to see how my players play with a certain formation. It is just like in real life; u view friendlies as a way to asses your team and know your players strengths and weaknesses. I don't know about others but that is why I play friendlies. oh yea, and to prove that I am better than my facebook friends
    khris likes this.
    WE DON`T BUY TOKENS
    WE JUST LOVE BEATING TOKEN BUYERS

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    plus the amount of stupid injuries from stretching is ridiculous.

Grass slips everywhere lol

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Grass slips everywhere lol
    Pretty standard in T11.

I think my coaches are to blame as we seem to use IED's on our training pitches - or so it seems every time I train someone.

Apprentice
    idk i tried a friendly, my "strong team" vs my first season team, that was just created and lost to the weak team. Someone said elsewhere that performance in friendlies doesn't show how your team plays in "real" competitions. my "strong team" is undefeated so far between cup CL and L currently, besides the friendly loss to my weak team. I only got 1 skill point from players too, but when i train i can get 2-3 and can only sell tickets for 3 dollars, that isn't much money from tickets. /shrug idk maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Famous
    I don't farm or pay. I earn some blue/red/green/money through friendly matches. I also observe player forms, especially for players who are in bad form and are arranged to sit out for a few matches. I play against weak teams. The match ratings of friendly matches can be a reference for player form but it is not exactly. Generally, I don't think the risk for injuries is much higher comparing with training. However, when the injury stream comes to my team, I will be more careful.

On average friendlies consume half the condition of a competitive match. It often ranges between the quivalent of training Match Practice on Normal -> Hard.

Its up to you to work out whether friendlies suit you more than training. The number of matches you have can be a key factor.

Visionary S
    Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    Ok so i'm new, but why play friendlies? If you are home you get tired. more so than practice, at least with practice you can calculate the time and how much to train if you aren't going to green pack. You don't make money off them, so can some "veterans" tell me why schedule them?
    You as guest your team in friendly match don't loose anything.
    Home team gets things from friendly matchs money example.