Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How often?

Apprentice

Question How often?

How often does your GK really get injured? Is there any benefit to carrying 2 on the team? He usually only loses 10-15% fit during a game so he is always ready to play even if you have two games a day.

It's only happened to me once in 20 seasons. And only once to my opponent which happened to be yesterday. He didn't have a sub keeper so a DC went in goal and I ran riot winning 8-0.

FC Loella. Server 121. Level 20
    14 League Titles
    2 Champions League
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

very seldom indeed

-

had one break his leg in a match (out 20 days) the only I can remember in many seasons

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    They are almost never hurt. However, as I arrange friendly matches daily, I need 2 GK.
    La Morralla FS likes this.

2 for 3 competitions is a must unless you like wasting greens

I only carry the 1 keeper.

At level 31 I have never seen a keeper get sent off or injured in a game. I've seen them get injured through training, but never in an actual game.

I play a few friendlies each day too, but often either give my keeper an extra green pack to keep him going, or I throw an outfield player in goal. Interestingly I have not seen a massive decrease in quality when I've had an outfield player in goal.

In fact, in the past when I've used all my 3 subs and I get an injury in the game I ALWAYS swap my injured player with my Goalkeeper, so my Goalkeeper plays the rest of the game as an outfield player, whilst the injured player plays in goal and I have never suffered from the opposition smashing loads past me. It seems to be a bit of a trick you can exploit (A bit like setting your keeper to take pens/free kicks as you don't concede from doing that either) to get an extra outfield body on the pitch if you have used all your subs and get an injury.

always two for me, but I believe you can get away with it if you have a good DC as a sub. But then if he is a good DC, u shd play him as a DC. lol

I think in 23 seasons, my GK gets injured once every 4 seasons.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

I had 1 GK that was injured twice in a season. I've not kept count but I don't think I've had many more than 2 other GK injuries in 16 Seasons.

I only carry one. If I need another I'll buy anything that's available and chuck him in.

My goalkeeper has never gotten injured. In fact i only have one goalkeeper in my team. What i do is, i make sure he's always fit by using my rest on him after every match.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Sometimes I keep two GK for a season for if the better one of the two runs through a patch of bad form/ratings.

I believe my first choice GK only got injured once in a season out of 8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast