Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Next season preparations

Next season preparations

Was wondering when preaparations for the coming season begins. When do you start selling off unwanted players? When is it best to get new players to avoid bad draw in cup? Is it the 1st, 2nd day or after the matches start?

Any general advice or pointers you can give will be much appreciated.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" - Bill Shankly

Selling players near the end of the season is beneficial financially as it brings more money; selling your players next season will bring less money because there is a significant drop in their market value. But, there is a risk you take if you sell players that are in your first team because next season you are not guaranteed that you will find a proper replacement on the first day (or even the first week). Also, there will be pressure on you to buy players on the first few days of the season.

I don't recommend to sell your players only to get a better draw in the cup. Take the challenge. Also, apparently, you will get more money as prizes if the level of the competition is higher.

The cup draw is done on the first day of the new season.
    sparklinginsilence likes this.

I start selling as soon as I know I am out of the cup. As soon as possible because then the chance of getting them sold in time is greater

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Apart from at higher levels the draw you get in the Cup will be determined by the top 14 players you have when the draw is made (downtime). At most levels (except for Gert) its not the level of the teams that makes a draw bad its the scope that this allows those higher levels to improve their teams from crappy 3* to Superstar 5* s

The ideal scenario is to have a crap team at the end of the season and improve it as soon as you can in the new one. But that can cost a lot.

Imo, the big "no-no" is improving your team at the end of the Season. Don't do it. The higher quality your t14 team the worse you make it. (But also if you have a low quality team then you will actually be one of those high level feared teams. >.<)

Generally, the best time for new players is next season after the rush, unless you want to be part of the rush. If it is a Quality based league draw then even Day 3 might become the new Rush Hour II
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-18-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Rush Hour II

I don't have to prepare anything because nothings required to tank.

Just a party maybe... :3

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    I don't have to prepare anything because nothings required to tank.

Just a party maybe... :3
    And my team will just bumble along in their early 20s

This season i have a young team 23.4 of 32.6* quality so i think im keeping most of them except for three 5* players who are over 27 and who i will like to sell.

I cant seem to get past 1/4 final of cup at two attempts anyway i will just hope im lucky with the draw.

Thanks for sharing

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" - Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Apart from at higher levels the draw you get in the Cup will be determined by the top 14 players you have when the draw is made (downtime). At most levels (except for Gert) its not the level of the teams that makes a draw bad its the scope that this allows those higher levels to improve their teams from crappy 3* to Superstar 5* s

The ideal scenario is to have a crap team at the end of the season and improve it as soon as you can in the new one. But that can cost a lot.

Imo, the big "no-no" is improving your team at the end of the Season. Don't do it. The higher quality your t14 team the worse you make it. (But also if you have a low quality team then you will actually be one of those high level feared teams. >.<)

Generally, the best time for new players is next season after the rush, unless you want to be part of the rush. If it is a Quality based league draw then even Day 3 might become the new Rush Hour II
    Next season preparations-tumblr_inline_n602sebhda1rf8so2.jpg

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I sell when I want to sell, I sell when I want to sell....
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast