Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Cup Format?

New Cup Format?

On ask the devs, this question was asked:

@uurkorkmazzz some can easily proceed to final in the cup, whilesome can’t; just because they play against far too stronger teams, that’s unfair!

Upcoming changes will make Cups more fair.

Also I believe on Nordeus support they confirmed some changes to the Cup format, What do you think it will be for next season? Will this be the end of Level 2 vs Level 15?

http://support.nordeus.eu/entries/23...uary-21st-2013
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-07-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

better this way .. well done
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    On ask the devs, this question was asked:

@uurkorkmazzz some can easily proceed to final in the cup, whilesome can’t; just because they play against far too stronger teams, that’s unfair!

Upcoming changes will make Cups more fair.

Also I believe on Nordeus support they confirmed some changes to the Cup format, What do you think it will be for next season? Will this be the end of Level 2 vs Level 15?

Release February 21st, 2013 : Nordeus Support
    i hope they dont change it too much..... it is a good challenge to pitch yourself against higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    better this way .. well done
    To be honest I hope so too, This season I had an easy ride to winning the cup this season, L17 team in the final that is active but he gave up for the rest of the season due to a poor league position.

Quote Originally Posted by skelly View Post
    i hope they dont change it too much..... it is a good challenge to pitch yourself against higher levels.
    I hope they change it to the format I was suggesting...
    Group 1: L1 - L4
    Group 2: L5 - L8
    Group 3: L9 - L12
    Group 4: L13 - L16
    Group 5: L17 - L20
    Group 6: L21 - L24
    Group 7: L25+ Shark Tank Cup.

Makes it fairer on the levels distribution and also at least you know you going to be faced with some competition in every round instead of dead-end pointless ties with 5+ levels greater between teams.
    skelly, Le Monsieur and Chris Rath like this.

Adding a level cap would be fine. Altho i'd make lv1 something totally alienated from the rest, or at max cap it just wit level 2. Newbies should have a shoot to it too to better understand turnover issues and what mean building a good team. And they'd be crushed by any level 3.
    Le Monsieur likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Adding a level cap would be fine. Altho i'd make lv1 something totally alienated from the rest, or at max cap it just wit level 2. Newbies should have a shoot to it too to better understand turnover issues and what mean building a good team. And they'd be crushed by any level 3.
    At least with the level bands I was suggesting (doesn't have to be exact) the Cup will still feel like a Cup but at least it would make the Cup far more competitive. I was seeded No.2 in my Cup draw this season and my Semi-Final was against a team 15 quality lower than mine. Not very competitive for a Semi-Final.

At least with the level bands I was suggesting (doesn't have to be exact) the Cup will still feel like a Cup but at least it would make the Cup far more competitive. I was seeded No.2 in my Cup draw this season and my Semi-Final was against a team 15 quality lower than mine. Not very competitive for a Semi-Final.
    Yeah, i agree. Basically even being level 2 i alwais was 4-7 points stronger than my opponent. Which at level 2 is a lot of difference (not on results tho). WHat i wanted to point out would be a kind of "beginners cup" just for levels 1, rest is fine as you divided i'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Yeah, i agree. Basically even being level 2 i alwais was 4-7 points stronger than my opponent. Which at level 2 is a lot of difference (not on results tho). WHat i wanted to point out would be a kind of "beginners cup" just for levels 1, rest is fine as you divided i'd say.
    I would imagine the existing beginners cup will stay for the beginners as it is and also any L1 players that don't get promoted first time around will get moved into the L1-L4 band.

I would imagine the existing beginners cup will stay for the beginners as it is and also any L1 players that don't get promoted first time around will get moved into the L1-L4 band.
    Sounds like a good plan to me. But hey, can we pierce through Nordeus' ears? can we?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast