Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Special Ability For DL/DC

Special Ability For DL/DC

For those who added a special ability on their DL/DC, which one gave better results, aerial defender or defensive wall?
    A user has recommended choosing between the two special ability according to the height of the player, but a tall player has an advantage in both of them.

Take into consideration that I have not asked which is best to have between the two. What I have asked is which has worked best for a player having position DL/DC (initially intended to use as DL, but this may change).
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-28-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    For those who added a special ability on their DL/DC, which one gave better results, aerial defender or defensive wall?
    A user has recommended choosing between the two special ability according to the height of the player, but a tall player has an advantage in both of them.

Take into consideration that I have not asked which is best to have between the two. What I have asked is which has worked best for a player having position DL/DC (initially intended to use as DL, but this may change).
    If a SA should be chosen, I always chose Aerial for the higher player (if/hope that height matters)

A defensive wall does also mean low and mid, therefor I chose this for smaller players
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 07-28-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    Tactician and khris like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    If a SA should be chosen, I always chose Aerial for the higher player (if/hope that height matters)

A defensive wall does also mean low and mid, therefor I chose this for smaller players
    sorry, but your logic is screwy. you want height for both SA, as short players make a bad wall....you just have to shoot over it.

at the end of the day, I dont think this game is that complicated to employ things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    sorry, but your logic is screwy. you want height for both SA, as short players make a bad wall....you just have to shoot over it.

at the end of the day, I dont think this game is that complicated to employ things like that.
    No, thats why I used if I use SA to sell players, because I really don't see any effect of them

and again, my point was, that a defensive wall is more than height, not that it doesn't matter
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 07-28-2015 at 01:16 PM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Only choose AD if the player seems actively involved in defensive headers.

My DL/DC with AD seemed good with headers before the SA and seems good with headers with it.

Is he better with the SA than he was without? Was it worth the sp?
    When I see a player stat count on Defensive Headers I'll tell you.

He used to play DC but now is more used as DL.

PS. I've not tried DW, I prefer to feed them up on pies.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Football logic and game's logic (basis to football) is that you must have (at least) one tall DC, with aerial skill, to confront C-K (of course & the height of the player, in the game is a cosmetic).
    Also for DR & DL who are playing in the wings of defense and confront AML & AMR, who have talent or the sa of sudden striker/long sudden shot, DW seems more useful.
    I don't if this work that way but the problem is that the comments aren't helping to have any conclusion.
    A comment like "but {your DC} with his aerial ability sending the ball away" , or something like this should be working as an indicator that in this action, Aerial Domination sa was activated but it looks like random.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Football logic and game's logic (basis to football) is that you must have (at least) one tall DC, with aerial skill, to confront C-K (of course & the height of the player, in the game is a cosmetic).
    Also for DR & DL who are playing in the wings of defense and confront AML & AMR, who have talent or the sa of sudden striker/long sudden shot, DW seems more useful.
    I don't if this work that way but the problem is that the comments aren't helping to have any conclusion.
    A comment like "but {your DC} with his aerial ability sending the ball away" , or something like this should be working as an indicator that in this action, Aerial Domination sa was activated but it looks like random.
    I have one player that was heading away corners (noticed as comments) in his first season when he did not have any special ability. I trained him for the aerial defender special ability in his second season. He did not appear on the comments heading away corners as he was during his first game without the special ability; but, my team conceded very little from corners. So, it can be said that the special ability did work but it did not show up in the comments.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-28-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    (if/hope that height matters)

Hope is the last thing we loose lol

Again, more detailed statistics (for instance, tackles made, % tackle success, interceptions, blocked shots, clearances) would have been more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    AD comment is just a gimmicky way of saying it was a defensive header its just like dribbling doesn't mean that Dribbler SA was used.

I'll say it again, I too would like an indicator in Commentary of an action that triggered an SA. So we could have "dribbles (Dr)", "runs (Dr)", "dribbles", "saves (1on1 D)" etc etc etc (ofc these are just examples not a suggested end product)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast