Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How to build a strong team?

Yes, but I asked this question as Buster moved the players with red arrows a position forward.

I think that a red arrow on a player makes him more offensive, and thus, less defensive. But, going by this, when I put arrows where it should have a positive effect, I have noticed the reverse occurring, that is most had a negative effect. For e.g, putting red arrows on side defenders in a 4-5-1 V style formation failed, even though there was space for the side players to exploit. This is another indication that this game does not function like we think it should; it may be far from being a proper football managing game in terms of tactics.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-31-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Yes, but I asked this question as Buster moved the players with red arrows a position forward.

I think that a red arrow on a player makes him more offensive and thus, less defensive. But, going by this, when I put arrows where it should have a positive effect, I have noticed the reverse occurring, that is most had a negative effect. For e.g, putting red arrows on side defenders in a 4-5-1 V style formation failed. This is another indication that this game does not function like we think it is; it may be far from being a proper football managing game in terms of tactics.
    He didn't move them forward by using the arrows. That's the point. He made them more attacking.

Its a failed assumption to say a red arrow on an attacker = positive effect. Different settings make a difference. A difference is not always positive.

4141 with red arrows on MR and ML does not equal 451V.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    4-5-1 V-style (motivated)

————-ST—————
    AML———————AMR
    ———MC——-MC———
    ————-DMC (UP)———
    DL (UP)—-DC–DC—-DR (UP

Motivated DL and DR’s block movement from the opponents ML and MR’s while also feeding passes to your AML and AMR. The 2 MC and motivated DMC block any centre movement.
    On the attack your formation will effectively be:

———–ST————
    AML—————–AMR
    ——MC–MC–MC—–
    DML—————-DMR
    ———-DC–DC——–
    Have a look again.

Have a look again.
    Read his description again. Hint: "On the attack.....effectively......

They do not become a DML, DMR, MC or if applied to wingers some phantom wide ST. But they do try to attack more and play further up the pitch if allowed and might adopt positions similar to those mentioned roles. An ST with an arrow attacks more but not from the GKs side or in the net.

But they do not change Roles.

But, I have asked according to his way of displaying the situation (diagram), where would the ST end up if a red arrow was put on him?
    Or should I say it in this way: 'effectively' where would a ST with a red arrow end up, in the opponents goal?
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-31-2015 at 01:02 PM.

But, I have asked according to his way of displaying the situation (diagram), where would the ST end up if a red arrow was put on him?
    Or should I say it in this way: 'effectively' where would a ST with an arrow end up, in the opponents goal?
    No. Effectively.

He would end up where his 'more attacking' takes him.

Remember about fluid wandering players giuded by formations, orders etc but not rigidly restricted by them? Not a counters on a table game.

EDIT: Apologies to the OP for my becoming involved in derailing your thread
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-31-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Apologies
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Or should I say it in this way: 'effectively' where would a ST with a red arrow end up, in the opponents goal?
    My filosofie is with the st (red-arrow) he tries to stay at the centre defenders (offside-line) if the opponnent does the play the offside trap you can have a problem offside(commentary)

het gets faster to the goal en gets more shots because he stay"s at the offside line (target-man) so not a center forward who comes back to the midfield (run channels)

But i can mistaken (game-engine)

My filosofie is more based on (fifa-manager/footbalmanager) they play with centerforward and target men
    Last edited by Buster Keaton; 07-31-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    My filosofie is with the st (red-arrow) he tries to stay at the centre defenders (offside-line) if the opponnent does the play the offside trap you can have a problem offside(commentary)

het gets faster to the goal en gets more shots because he stay"s at the offside line (target-man) so not a center forward who comes back to the midfield (run channels)

But i can mistaken (game-engine)

My filosofie is more based on (fifa-manager/footbalmanager) they play with centerforward and target men
    No worries, it was a joke.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by GDraganov View Post
    Hey there!
    I have not played the game since several months and yesterday i started again.
    I am not classified for CL this season but only for the Cup.
    My primary goal is to win the league and following question is - can you give me any advices on how to win the league easier? My strength is the same as the others, maybe a bit more, but it would be good if you help me.
    Thanks!
    Priortize acquiring a stud striker, it makes the game a lot easier

Nothing like having a player that can consistently produce a goal or two to bail the team out on a night the defense is struggling.
    Level 40 Manager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12