• 1 Post By Sons of Pitches
  • 2 Post By Gert Funck
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin

Thread: Players out of position

Players out of position

I typically will have 1-2 players out of position every match. As far as i can tell it doesn't really affect their game play. Anyone else have opinions on this?
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew FC View Post
    I typically will have 1-2 players out of position every match. As far as i can tell it doesn't really affect their game play. Anyone else have opinions on this?
    I agree, if you avoid reds
    ayyaz and khris like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Some are 'happier' than others, so just watch their ratings and see what happens to their morale, if it drops a bunch don't use them in that spot. I think there is also a minor possession penalty for each guy OOP.
    khris likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I play OOP players when I need to. I also test players OOP to see what they are capable of so that when I need to I have more chance of getting it right.

For me the key is to think in terms of compatible roles - MCs at DMC are a particular favourite.

And I agree with Cat, there is a minor yellow penalty of a couple of % compared with around a 10% possession disadvantage for red and things to watch. On things to watch out for I'd add that you should look out for any impact the OOP player has on neighbouring players....but you should do that in general anyway.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 08-10-2015 at 08:40 PM. Reason: corrected possession
    khris and Cat Harrison like this.

I use ST/MC as AMC and I can say that the benefit is higher than the penalty % possession that is of 2%...

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    i use st/mc as amc and i can say that the benefit is higher than the penalty % possession that is of 2%...
    st/mc? Do you mean ST/AMC as MC?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    st/mc? Do you mean ST/AMC as MC?
    No, Striker/ST or pure MC is used as AMC, since I started the game playing 4-3-3 I only buy DC-MC-ST's, never..... AMC, or MR, or DMC's

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Usually I would not play a player out of his position but I had a friend who was using a strike as an amr and he was doing great.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    yes the related positions do seem to do better. an ST as AM/L/R seems more ok than an ST as MC.. but some players can be good even with red, I had a DMC skills skewed toward attack that I could play anywhere and he'd get a 7.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]