Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I want to stay the same level once again, but I can not

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Buck View Post
    It is not cheat at all. It likes a strategy; however, to me, it is a loser way to play this game, lack respect for them.
    But cheating is a strategy, just like how some users trick the cup draw by selling high quality players and buying very low quality players before the start of the new season. That does not mean it should be acceptable.
    All of the following are strategies (but all of them are ways of cheating).
    'tanking'
    tricking the cup draw (and/or the league draw)
    having multiple (fake) accounts and use them to give significant advantages to a main team, for example extra possession and tokens (earned as referrals)
    having multiple teams in the same competition and hence, able to fix results

The biggest winner in all this is Nordeus, and the biggest 'losers' are the token buyers and the non-cheaters.

Concerning what the user did as you said and/or showed in the first post, does playing 'seriously' for part of a season and playing like 'tanking' for another part of the season give some other teams any advantage or disadvantage in the league concerned? The answer would be yes. Would that be fair to some users in the league concerned? No.

And to some of the other posters in this thread: yes, there are many ways of playing this game (I did not say the contrary.). But, some people will defend something (even though it is a bad thing) just because they are among the people who do it; this is understandable though.

End of discussion; I don't want to get into bad terms with some people here.

Last edited by Tactician; 08-20-2015 at 06:07 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Rookie
    Scott Buck, just an observation, but perhaps some of the disconnecting going on might be due to problems with translation? I've read your words, the words of people replying to you, and your replies to them, and I'm honestly not sure what it is you are trying to say.

Are you mad about the tactic of starting 5 midfielders and 5 backs, or are you merely amused by it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    But cheating is a strategy, just like how some users trick the cup draw by selling high quality players and buying very low quality players before the start of the new season. That does not mean it should be acceptable.

All of the following are strategies.
    'tanking'
    tricking the cup draw (and/or the league draw)
    having multiple (fake) accounts and use them to give significant advantages to a main team, for e.g extra possession and tokens earned as referrals
    having multiple teams in the same competition and hence, able to fix results

The clear winner in all this is: Nordeus, and the clear loser is the token buyer.

Concerning what the user did as you said and/or showed in the first post, does playing 'seriously' for part of a season and playing like 'tanking' for another part of the season give some other teams any advantage or disadvantage in the league concerned? The answer would be yes. Would that be fair to some users in the league concerned? No.

And to some of the other posters in this thread: yes, there are many ways of playing this game (I did not say the contrary.). But, some people will defend something (even though it is a bad thing) just because they are among the people who do it; this is understandable though.

End of discussion; I don't want to get into bad terms with some people here.

Yeah, my buddy Barca FC does the same, his smart a$$ try to trick the cup draw, but some how, he still lose from left to right in the cup tournament.

Of course, Jojobeto was there for his team, changed formation here and there until the mid-season. However, I do not even care or mind a bit about it. Matter of fact, I really do not care much about some of the other posters in this forum as they love to jump on board and kiss each other.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ByloBand View Post
    Scott Buck, just an observation, but perhaps some of the disconnecting going on might be due to problems with translation? I've read your words, the words of people replying to you, and your replies to them, and I'm honestly not sure what it is you are trying to say.

Are you mad about the tactic of starting 5 midfielders and 5 backs, or are you merely amused by it?
    No need for you understand my friend. Of course, you do not even know what I am trying to say because my post #20 was reply to post #15, #16, #17.

You said that you have read all my posts. Come on man, are you sure about that? If so, what the heck are you thinking? By asking me "are you mad about the tactic of starting 5 midfielders and 5 backs, or are you merely amused by it? Only slow mind of people will think that way, to me, I am careless about it.

Let me clear once more time, at my very first post (#1), it is funny to me that Jojobeto is trying to stay at the same level but he failed to do so. PERIOD!!!
    Last edited by Scott Buck; 08-20-2015 at 06:13 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ByloBand View Post
    With respect to the players, if they are pulling a paycheck for each match, they are not being disrespected. Maybe that is just my perspective coming from a fan of predominantly American sports, but where I come from, if a player cashes their paychecks, they lose the ability to complain. At the end of the day, aren't they playing for personal pride as well, and if so, what is to stop them from honoring their craft by playing hard to satisfy their own pride?

As for the overall strategy, I'm not sure I understand the impassioned objection. If your goal is to win, if you presume this player is not trying to win, then do you not come out ahead? All you can do is really worry about what you can control, namely your own team.

I am new to this game. I am currently level 3, and on the verge of getting promoted to level 4. Truthfully, that prospect is daunting, because on paper my team is the worst in my entire league, yet I am somehow firmly entrenched in second position. I can only chalk this result up to my attention to detail, my team and clever roster moves, my formation, my willingness to hand over maximum win bonuses, etc. But I believe when I hit level 4, it may take me at least one full season to really get the hang of it, as every time I get promoted the competition gets much stronger. It is not in me to ever roll over and accept defeat, but defeat is looking pretty likely next league season, and I may be forced to try something radical like this to survive to buy the time to improve my overall club. And this is only level 4, I can only imagine what somebody at level 21 must have to endure!

In short, thank you for posting this interesting team formation, but now that you've shared it, maybe spend a little less time worrying about it and more time on your own squad.
    Well, another person with different opinion. If you like you can use a punch of cash and throw at people (players) and tell them to do things or play the game of your way. I respect your decision. From my point of view, I can not and will never treat my players like a slave.

Once again, like those previous posters, you have tried to throw a jab at me by saying that I should worry about my squad. Come on guys, you told me to mind my own business, what about you? You are all over my business. Are you seeing the point here?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Buck View Post
    Let me clear once more time, at my very first post (#1), it is funny to me that Jojobeto is trying to stay at the same level but he failed to do so. PERIOD!!!
    OK thanks for clarifiying, and sorry for misunderstandings.

( a problem with text is tone can be missed, especially when kidding, so emoticons can be useful. )

This thread has run its limit in exploring this topic, and is closed.
    ByloBand likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123