Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree655Likes

Thread: Season 70 - Week 4

FC Hoofdrop start Season Level 9 meekly. 1w-3L to start off their league and squeaking through in both previous cup ties. After an intense promotion battle last season left them 7th, the prospect of no CL this season is both good and bad for the club, considering condition changes.
    We start the season with 20T and 100 Million to spend. Over half of the players on the squad day 1 are in the last year of their contracts. Our goals this season are cup progression, development of 3 players for our Lvl 5 squad for next season, and promotion (CL achievable but considered a bonus). Our squad has been boosted with the arrival of 1 new striker, 1 ML, 2MCs, and 2 defenders and I am finally confident in my players and formations for this season. I just signed a giant of an GK academy product. 200cm 97kg 15T lol, couldn't resist him.
    Our last cup opponent we won 7:4 aggregate after losing away leg 4:2.

Vanessa FC, our aforementioned lvl 5 Club, has wrangled a low Cup placing, a very difficult CL group, and a challenging league.
    After achieving "undefeated" in the league last year, I am hungry for a cup final. My goals are to maintain the current squad I have with minimal transfer activity, save money to negotiate for great 49Q players from my parent squad, get to the cup final, and try to leave my CL group with a 2nd place.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 08-29-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    talisman likes this.

Won league match 3-0 but not allowed to sub injured player
    Cat Harrison and Gert Funck like this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Addicted
    anyone watched the EPL today? how about the troll results compared to our t11? :-)

The Red Stars cruised today, without conceding a goal.

First, they took on decent opponents in the league but outgunned them. Petermann and Forsberg were dominant once again.

Season 70 - Week 4-league.jpg

I however met a clown during that game. The guy first supported the opponent:

Season 70 - Week 4-clown1.jpg

Only to request friendship right after the game.

Season 70 - Week 4-clown2.jpg

Dude, you have to choose your camp. Denied.

The second game, in the Champions League, was against a team I suspect is abandoned. I fielded my backups and up-and-coming players, and they had a fun on their way to a 5:0 win. A nice occasion to give guys some playing time and rack up skills points.

Season 70 - Week 4-cl.jpg

At the end of the day, T11 is perhaps using goals scored to separate us from the first place in the league:

Season 70 - Week 4-standings.jpg

On the other hand, they use it to put us on top of the Champions League group!

Season 70 - Week 4-clgroup.jpg

What makes me smile, though, is a look at the ratings in the league. Petermann and Forsberg are the best players so far. I'm glad I invested in Petermann to make him a powerful attacking MC and I am also very happy that I picked up Forsberg one morning, thinking that the expensive Nordgen would pay dividends down the road.

Season 70 - Week 4-ratings.jpg
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Teda View Post
    anyone watched the EPL today? how about the troll results compared to our t11? :-)
    You surely don't mean the Chelsea defeat do you? Look at the positions in the table of the respective teams...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Addicted
    Well, the standing itself is troll...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    You surely don't mean the Chelsea defeat do you? Look at the positions in the table of the respective teams...

A 0:0 Cup draw at home in the first leg against a team from Bosnia, that has slightly more quality and stand second in its league.

I went for 4-4-2 against their 4-3-3 and had a lot of ball control, but their defence was programmed to stop everything we threw at them. You can see it in the player ratings. My own defence held firm, though, for yet another clean sheet.

Season 70 - Week 4-cup.jpg

I think I will add a little winning bonus in the second leg and hope that this makes a difference.

A takeaway so far this season: DR Jonas Graf is overtaking his rival Oskar Müller to start the big games. I like how all the new signings are performing.
    Last edited by mmunger; 08-30-2015 at 10:04 AM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Teda View Post
    Well, the standing itself is troll...
    I don't believe you are seeing the full picture - just because a team is not a member of the 5 or 6 teams that are usually in the top places doesn't mean that others, if they improve, can't get there also. Crystal Palace, for one, have been top 4 finishers on a previous occasion. Look at the results from the last 7-8 months and say they don't deserve to be there...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Good Match I might troll this guy..
    Live as you were to die tomorrow.
    Learn as if you were to live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1daking View Post

Good Match I might troll this guy..
    His formation is illegal and your subs came in when at a tiring moment of the game. Thus, your tactics (formation and subs) beat him hands down. I don't see that as a troll.
    SEASON 10 LEVEL 10
    4 LEAGUE TITLES
    1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER
    1 CUP CHAMPION

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast