Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Champions League tie breaker

Champions League tie breaker

The points, wins, goals scored and goal conceeded are same with another team. Both my matches against the other team has resulted in 1:1 finish. But the other team is shown higher in the rankings. Request you to clarify.Champions League tie breaker-screenshot_2015-09-04-21-11-54.jpgChampions League tie breaker-screenshot_2015-09-04-21-11-49.jpg
    Last edited by Utsav Saraf; 09-04-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Wow, this is very unusual.. your case is very rare, nice one but still sorry because you are in third..

There should be some basis. Some kind of tie breaker should be there like penalty shoot out or performance against top team..

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Here is the official article about CL Rules. Champions League rankings - Top Eleven be a Football Manager
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsav Saraf View Post
    The points, wins, goals scored and goal conceeded are same with another team. Both my matches against the other team has resulted in 1:1 finish. But the other team is shown higher in the rankings. Request you to clarify.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-04-21-11-54.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	53106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-04-21-11-49.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	53108
    I have the same type of scenario, my goal difference is superior to the team in second. He beat me 4-3 (away) and I beat him 4-0 at home. I have logged a support call with Nordeus over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Here is the official article about CL Rules. Champions League rankings - Top Eleven be a Football Manager
    But my situation is not covered in the article.

Yes Cat, this case is very rare.. In real life I never find this kind of tie..

Quote Originally Posted by Porker View Post
    I have the same type of scenario, my goal difference is superior to the team in second. He beat me 4-3 (away) and I beat him 4-0 at home. I have logged a support call with Nordeus over this one.
    Maybe you should insert some picture about your team table position..

Random, that simple, this season I do not have CL LOL so I can not read what the rules say, but in this case is suposed that the game select 1 team to be 2nd and one to be 3rd, I don't know now if rule say alleatory or with a match simulation (not played) to decide who's 2nd.

Famous
    IF "everything" is tie and you can't play a tie-breaker game (against a rule or similar super-rare incidents like this)...welll in IRL there is a coin-flip for this situation... i know it's pure luck and there is a possibility he had a coin-flip against Sofia FC and he lost it and the system couldn't visualize dat flip

I dunno it's just a theory or something
    Cat Harrison and pcmacdaniel like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast