Page 68 of 385 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree1306Likes

Thread: Season 38

Rookie
    What are your ambitions?

I just hope to be promoted to the next season. The Third season is the only season so far where I feel under a lot more pressure, and my opponents feel much stronger and way more powerful. (Most of my opponents have at least 1 scout in their team.)

How many Tokens you got?

Ahem, ahem .. err ... nil. In the Transfer Market these days, you can't win any players with 2-5 tokens anymore. The 5* players are 3* players for Level 5s, so they just pick those for themselves, and the 3* players for me are 5* players for the Level 1s. I can't buy any new players with only 1 token every day, and two every 4 ... well, not in this season, at least.

How much Money you got?

around 2 million.

Who you buying/selling?

Selling? I'm trying to hold on to the ex-"excellent" players from last season (whom are now just "Very Good" :|) for as long as possible. Buying players is too dangerous ;_;

bring it on, 3rd season

July Fourth likes this.
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    What are your ambitions?

I just hope to be promoted to the next season. The Third season is the only season so far where I feel under a lot more pressure, and my opponents feel much stronger and way more powerful. (Most of my opponents have at least 1 scout in their team.)

How many Tokens you got?

Ahem, ahem .. err ... nil. In the Transfer Market these days, you can't win any players with 2-5 tokens anymore. The 5* players are 3* players for Level 5s, so they just pick those for themselves, and the 3* players for me are 5* players for the Level 1s. I can't buy any new players with only 1 token every day, and two every 4 ... well, not in this season, at least.

How much Money you got?

around 2 million.

Who you buying/selling?

Selling? I'm trying to hold on to the ex-"excellent" players from last season (whom are now just "Very Good" :|) for as long as possible. Buying players is too dangerous ;_;

bring it on, 3rd season

Could staying in L3 for more than 1 season be a good idea for your squad and training development are concerned?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Could staying in L3 for more than 1 season be a good idea for your squad and training development are concerned?
    Actually, It'd have been better to stay back in L2. The L3 transfer market is L2, L3, L4 and L5s all competing for the same player. It's havoc, really. A real mess. Last season I had nice players, and I could buy more with 2-5 tokens, but now I need 1 million and twenty-three.
    July Fourth likes this.

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Level 16 - Season 16 - July Fourth Preview

Q: Mourad Essadri has left the club after 4 seasons of great service will he be missed by the club?
    A: Absolutely, Especially the by the fans, the GK is a legend at our club, with lots of superb saves that helped us win the treble in L13.

Q: You have made 4 new signings this season on Day 1 of the season are you happy with your purchases?
    Yes, I'm delighted, because it adds good all round strength to the team, We bought a new GK, MC, ST and a AMC, we already had enough strength in the squad as far as defence was concerned, We are over the moon with signing one particular player and I couldn't hide my delight when I saw the signiture of Hatsune Miku on the contract we offered the young player. We believe with such a fantastic youth career of 152 goals in 76 games, the player can reproduce the same form, also we are outstanded by the players amazing progress in training and also the player so far never seems to get injured, just like Alex Zidane was when he was training.

Q: Your strong favourites for both League and Champions League, Can you win them both?
    League looks like a walk in the park on paper but they were be a good challenge by 3 clubs in the is league there's Colin FC and theres 2 turkish sides and we think we have more than enough in the locker to steamroller our way to another league title, As for the Champions League we need to be more cautious, getting through the group looks simple enough but its knockout after that and we know that 1 bad game in the knockout stages could end our reign as the CL champions but we expect to go far and we will take 1 game at a time in the competition we must not get too confident.

July Fourth start the league season in 20 minutes away in spain against CHIFLY before getting back on the plane to London to play Mars 2 hours later in the Champions League.
    Chris Rath likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    Actually, It'd have been better to stay back in L2. The L3 transfer market is L2, L3, L4 and L5s all competing for the same player. It's havoc, really. A real mess. Last season I had nice players, and I could buy more with 2-5 tokens, but now I need 1 million and twenty-three.
    I played against a team that is 5 points (as in AQ points) behind me, and I narrowly won 1:2. That's worrying. He was 16 point something, and most of the other teams are around my level. The following 25 days are going to be very , very frustrating.
    July Fourth likes this.

League:
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Eusebio is now 6 stars!
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

CHIFLY 0-2 July Fourth League Round 1
    CHIFLY 91.8 wierd looking 4-3-2-1 - July Fourth 101.8 1st Half: 3N-1-2-3W-1, 2nd Half 4-1-2-1-2 ND.

We got the league season underway with a scrappy 2-0 win over CHIFLY in spain, The game was overshadowed with 2 injuries to my players in this one, and we were annoyed with the dirty tactics that the home side used, playing asymmetrical formation and throwing on hard tackling, having said that we got the job done from a brace from last seasons player of the year L.McNamara, In the 5th minute Miku had a shot on goal which was saved before L.McNamara minutes later got us in front. Martinez for the home side was booked for a challenge on little Miku, Miku got back up and spat in Martinez's face and was very angry with the home teams style of play, luckily the officials never saw this, otherwise Miku would have seen red. Kevin Mensah drove the free-kick narrowly wide, The home side then Fornes go in 2 footed on Papaleo but he missed the challenge and Papaleo immediately passed it L.McNamara who broke the offside trap and smashed it in the bottom corner, Next Kevin Mensah got hurt and we had to change tactics at half-time and we decided to go with the Narrow Diamond and try and play everything through Miku and Michu who we brought on for the second half, but it was more of the same, the home teams dirty spanish players just wanted to send us home with 11 injured players if they could, Miku had 2 great chances from goal in the second half, one was saved and one hit the post, P.McNamara also seen an effort blocked. In the 86th minute Miku was on the ball and challenged and Miku elbowed Martinez and the Officials once again missed it.

CHIFLY are in for it when the return fixture at Islington Park, I will assure it.

Goals: L.McNamara (13,37) MOTM: Papaleo.

Mensah out for 5 days??? I don't think so.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.

The build up for Harrogate Towns 1st game in this years champions league is electric around the stadium. Just under 2hours till kick off. Both teams are here and the Harrogate lads looked so relaxed after there league win at the weekend (earlier today). They have announced there squad and the only change is haruno in for cleverley to give a defensive midfield hold.

My CL draw. Two days ago i woulda have said "hey, there is a BIG chanche we get it this year!". Now after 3 straight losses, i wonder if my karma will allow it. First two came with a lot of pissing, the 3rd one wasn't even imagined in my wildest dreams so far. 3-0 ugh!
    Well let's hope. few hours before CL kickoff.

FCP
    Bah just got a phone call from work I need to be on an info session tommorrow at 6pm. But I got a cup match against yet again a stronger opponent at 6.37pm. Guess it's gonna be a game on the phone with possible bad connection and slow adjustings.