Page 344 of 385 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3844
Like Tree1306Likes

Thread: Season 38

knock out from the CL s/final by away goal rules
    nearly make to the final but my players cant find the second away goal

Season 38-clt33.jpg

I guess it's drama day for me.. I was 1-0 down after 10 minutes, my striker got red card (gonna miss him ALOT in the final..) at the 28 minute but luckily my keeper stopped the penalty! then I scored the equalizer and he needed 2 goals to go through (I won the first game 1-0), so he went full attack I took advantage of it, changed my tactics and beat him 3-1 (4-1 aggregate).

gonna play a guy with 90% scout team in the final (he's leading 4-0 I assume he'll go on), wish me luck.

July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.

CL Semis: TuaMa 2-0 Kud FC

Great game from TuaMa that added on to our 3-1 away win to make it 5-1 aggregate and sending us straight through to the final.
    The game started with Kud FC attacking and their striker Pantiga missing two chances before our MC Cubero made it 1-0 for us on the counter attack. We decided we wanted to keep this result and put mentality on defencive while Kud FC already made his changes and changed his formation to a 4-3-3 and probably changed to offensive mentality. We had some chances and from a corner we made it 2-0 with Corrales just before the break. After that Kud FC tried attacking although Freeman and Norris missed chances to make it 3-0 but it finished 2-0 and we passed into the finals.

Goals: Cubero 16', Corrales 44'
    MOTM: Corrales
    Ljepoje likes this.

Result Just In...

GALATASARAY 5-0 Hurray FC (GALATASARAY win 7-0 on Aggregate)...

As predicted by myself at the start of the competition, these are my CL Final opponents, both of us getting to the final with no real trouble of NOT doing so, clearly stating that the best 2 teams in the competition are in the final and we already knew that they are to be handful whatever score they win by this evening, 5-0 in a similar fashion to the first leg by dominating all the stats, they will be a good match for us in the final at the very least, but we have about 8Q advantage in terms of quality on paper but we all know the match is not played on paper and preporation is very important too.

We have our 2nd Leg against Ttrabzonspor in less than a hour and we lead 5-0 from the 1st leg we will name a strong XI here... but it will not necessary be the starting line-up that will actually play against GALATASARAY in the final on friday.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Result Just In...

GALATASARAY 5-0 Real Madrid FC (GALATASARAY win 7-0 on Aggregate)...
    Sweet!
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Two seemingly easy matches today, were actually very much harder than they look on paper. First up was an away fixture in the league, against our long term friends from Bulagria. (Been in same league for past 5 seasons).

Result: SVET FC 0-4 LONDON CITY
    Goals: Grundy 50, Morgada 52, Bentley 62, Grundy 75
    M.o.M: Hector Morgada (LC)

With our opponents going through a bad run of form, we took the opportunity to rest some key players, ahead of tonight's crucial CL game. It looked as if it may backfire on us, as the match remained goalless at halftime. But the goals flowed after the break, when Solomon Grundy opened the scoring. Hector Morgada swiftly added a second and Marcus Bentley grabbed a third, all in the space of twelve minutes. Grundy hit his second, and our fourth with a quarter of an hour remaining. We made a couple of changes towards the end, to save tired legs for this evening.

Tonight we had the 2nd leg of the CL, semi-final, at home. Although having a handy 3-1 lead from the first leg, we were taking nothing for granted and put out our strongest team.

Result: LONDON CITY 5-1 JARAY FC
    Goals: Mueller 33, Maia 35, Morgada 51, Flanagan 61, Morgada 74, Zola 84
    M.o.M: Hector Morgada (LC)

We have qualified for the CL final with an aggregate score of 8-2, although the match was closer than the scoreline suggests. With a comfortable two goal lead to start with, the fans were expecting an easy ride, but the first half was anything but. Rudolph Mueller put us in front, but the visitors equalised almost immediately through Maia. After the interval, the boys suddenly clicked, and the goals came. Hector Morgada, Seamus Flanagan, Morgada again and Adam Zola gave the scoreline a somewhat flattering look on the night. Morgada claimed the man of the match award for the third match in succession, and his twelth award in total, this season. It looks probable that we will meet our league rivals, Lestyns Legends, in the final, as they hold a 6-0 lead from their away leg tie.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

I am out of the CL. 1-3 home loss vs. Toshi FC after a 0-0 away.

I started my FCK with 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond (pressing whole pitch, attacking, short passing, throught the middle) against his 4-4-2. My FC Kneipenkick made the 1-0 lead by Sutter, but Toshi could equalize until half-time by a freekick. I barely got chances, he defended very well. I waited up to minute 70 to go full attack, changed the system to 4-5-1 V-style motivated DL, DR, DMC, AML, AMR and switched to passing throught the wings and hard attacking, rest remained the same. But instead of going for the goal, he countered me with two late goals. Well played by Toshi. 3 points less quality, but his team made it.

At least FC Kneipenkick could win the league today, but this loss hurts.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post

I started my FCK with 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond (pressing whole pitch, attacking, short passing, throught the middle) against his 4-4-2. My FC Kneipenkick made the 1-0 lead by Sutter, but Toshi could equalize until half-time by a freekick. I barely got chances, he defended very well. I waited up to minute 70 to go full attack, changed the system to 4-5-1 V-style motivated DL, DR, DMC, AML, AMR and switched to passing throught the wings and hard attacking, rest remained the same. But instead of going for the goal, he countered me with two late goals. Well played by Toshi. 3 points less quality, but his team made it.

It does hurt this, especially you make it so far in the tournament with a lot of hard work then only to lose near the end, In my earlier days I kept on losing the final more often than I won it until more recent times that I basically bought success which is fair to say, but I'd still would of won the 3 leagues I played in and also perhaps the 3 CL's too although last seasons CL Semi-Final was tough against RonnyBonny but we edged that before winning the final easily.

July Fourth 5-0 Ttrabzonspor Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg (July Fourth Win 10-0 on Aggregate)
    July Fourth 104.5 3N-1-3W-1-2 - Ttrabzonspor 94.5 4-4-2 Classic

Tonights match against Ttrabzonspor was a mirror image of the first leg and we won by the same scoreline by 5-0 which confirms our place in the final against GALATASARAY, 2 real named turkish teams for the Semi-Final and Final this season. We were classy and got out the blocks quickly, Papaleo early shot put us infront on the night in the 2nd minute, Mensah then hit the wall with a free-kick, then L.McNamara made it 2-0 with a shot that their keeper couldn't do anything about, Then Mensah hit the bar with another free-kick, 10 minutes played and it could of been 4-0 already, Mensah had a shot blocked on 23 minutes then Oliphant saw red on 45 minutes and Mensah this time got his bearings right with the free-kick, we made the same tactical change in the 1st Leg midway through the 2nd half by putting L.McNamara and Zidane to AMR/AML again then we had the same effect, 2 more goals for us, Papaleo chipping the keeper on 68 minutes and then a R.McNamara header straight from a Michu corner. Zidane could of made it 6-0 to us right at the end but the shot was blocked.

Goals: Papaleo (2,68) L.McNamara (7) Mensah (45) R.McNamara (68) MOTM: Papaleo.
    Sent-Off: Oliphant

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post

I know that feel, happend to me as well. First in the CUP (2nd leg) when I was eliminated on aggregate and then in the CL Quarterfinals (2-2 draw away and the lost at home with 0-1)...

Just forget and move on.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________