Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Level 1 player - Need advice for New Season

Level 1 player - Need advice for New Season

1. Introduction

4 days left before the next season kicks off, i'm doing OK with the current season, thanks to the tactics/recommendations i read here, but i'm confused about what would happen next, since i never experience it as manager level 1.

Some say posting screenshot about your team would help, so i'd do that.

Level 1 player - Need advice for New Season-my-current-team.jpg

Nevermind the formation, i just formed a hard attacking team to settle down a guy who keeps arranging me friendly matches, 3 times a day, i really enjoy winning him as much as i can.

2. Questions

- Should i use all my rest packs to train current team or wait until i buy young fast trainer 18 year old guys from the market in 2nd season? I have 2 players (19 and 20 Year old), they train very fast too and they play excellently in current season, may be they fit the team well. Should i train those 2 or wait for new guys?

- Is it true that in the next season, all of my team will lose 1 star in rating? (someone told me that on this forum...)

- Should i sell all of my high value players which are NOT in the main squad (some of them are 4 stars but can bring back a revenue of almost 1 million), or i should keep them for the next year (when they would definitely get older and lose some value) ?

- What are the best ways to spend tokens in next season? (i wont mind buying some more by cash)

- And finally, should i actually believe that in the new season, all of my team will be worthless and i have to replace them with totally new guys? I dont want this to happen because i love my current team so much.

- Any further advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance for any reply!
    Last edited by legendqueen; 09-16-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Nope, unless you are finished with your tactic experiment and use the same for next season.. Hmm, let me explain this.. Last season i was satisfied with 3-6-1 strategy that i used almost every game, because of this i kept some players that i thought i would be needing for this season.. After 4-5 i realised that i need to change my tactic because it won't work.. So, if you really think your 19 and 20 players would play for your team at least for 1 season then train them if not keep your green pack for next season..

Yes, because when you move up 1 level the player quality will move up for 5 point too.. so 15 quality player at level 1 who has 4 rating will become a 3 rating player at level 2..

I suggest you to do any transfer at the new season, because you don't know who you will be needing and won't for the next season..

I don't understand what you really meant.. Hmm, spend your token in auction for new players..

Not all of them, maybe your 5-6* players won't be replaced because they will be a 4-5* players at new level.. But if you are lucky enough when the League and cup draw happen then you will face same quality opponents and you can keep all your players..
    legendqueen likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Some players are worth keeping even as three star.

Training at the end of a season makes your Cup draw harder, so unless you are making a push to win League I think I would wait on that

Buying players in the first week can be quite costly, so I tend to replace guys throughout the rest of the season as I find worthy replacement, saves on T but yes their Q drops a star new season if you promote.

Selling on first day of new season often gets the best price for me, even though they have aged, because more people bidding the competition ups the price, and I set it at highest.
    legendqueen and lespa like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Samuro View Post
    Nope, unless you are finished....
    Thanks for your tips, they explained a lot to me. I have 1 further questions since you gave me more information than i asked.

- Do you think a team should follow 1 formation regularly (suppose that it works well), i mean players will feel more familiar with this formation and do their best. I've been using 4-1-3-2 (with 1 DMC) and been winning a lot too, I barely changed my formation, just adjusted tactics (through middle or down both flanks etc...). And then last day i changed into 4-5-1 to play a friendly match with a rival, i got just a draw and my wings totally lost their effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Some players are worth keeping even as three star....
    Again, thanks! I've seen some 18 year old players with exceptionally high value, i presume that they will train ultra fast. But it still needs some green packs for them to reach some formidable level of ranking. So why don't we invest a little more cash (may be 500k or something), to buy young, and already highly ranked players...

I'm planning to buy 2-3 expensive players at the beginning of the season, i heard that the initial generation in every season is usually the best (wondering if its true ).

Lastly, selling in the new season? The price will drop a little bit compared to putting those players on auction in the previous season right?

Quote Originally Posted by legendqueen View Post
    Thanks for your tips, they explained a lot to me. I have 1 further questions since you gave me more information than i asked.

- Do you think a team should follow 1 formation regularly (suppose that it works well), i mean players will feel more familiar with this formation and do their best. I've been using 4-1-3-2 (with 1 DMC) and been winning a lot too, I barely changed my formation, just adjusted tactics (through middle or down both flanks etc...). And then last day i changed into 4-5-1 to play a friendly match with a rival, i got just a draw and my wings totally lost their effectiveness.

Again, thanks! I've seen some 18 year old players with exceptionally high value, i presume that they will train ultra fast. But it still needs some green packs for them to reach some formidable level of ranking. So why don't we invest a little more cash (may be 500k or something), to buy young, and already highly ranked players...

I'm planning to buy 2-3 expensive players at the beginning of the season, i heard that the initial generation in every season is usually the best (wondering if its true ).

Lastly, selling in the new season? The price will drop a little bit compared to putting those players on auction in the previous season right?
    If you never lose and your team competitive enough with their statistics through every match then you should use your tactic, but i think after a season or two you will realise that you will need one or two backup tactics.. Because even if you feel your tactic has the best chance to win, occasionally you will lose your game at league or cup, often cup...
    legendqueen likes this.

Very few people will be buying now. Many many will be buying day one. If you can get guys sold now, by all means if you don't need them sell them. The little difference in price doesn't mean much to me, maybe for your budget it does.

There is generally a large wave of generated players at start of season, but there will be competition to acquire them.

I have two main formations, one more defensive one more attacking.. but I also have multi-role players so I can do other formations if I want.. or move them during a match. Friendlies have different outcomes than regular games, I would not use them as a guide for formation effectiveness.

Ideally, you train your fast trainers a bit extra throughout the season and they keep up their Q pretty close. I like to keep players as long as I can, and so a guy I have had, a couple seasons plays great, I don't sell him because he loses a star, I sell him when he stops playing great.

he's had a bad day... still not selling him..
    Level 1 player - Need advice for New Season-mm_.jpg
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 09-16-2015 at 06:32 AM.
    lespa and legendqueen like this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have only 2 formations: 4-4-2 and 4-5-1, i think 4-3-3 is too OP in attacking and lack of middle field controlling, so i never use it, and the formations with 3 defenders are never one of my choices because for me success is "don't let them score"
    But i will change formation if i meet some guys with stronger team than mine, i have the feeling that i would play against those guys in the next season.
    About the transfer issue, i think i will wait a week before bidding for players, i hope that the aggressive bidders all got their players so they will leave the rest for me but it should be a huge disadvantage for me in the first days of season, i could be dropped behind in league and out of Cup competition. But it's ok, will cope with it!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

well, everyone who promotes faces this issue, so in the first few days it makes less difference, but it is slight disadvatage if your opponents are buying up good players.. esp. in Cup, also too the teams that didn't promote will have kept their Q and they can be formidable. I also think that buying after League draw probably beneficial since Q might be an element in draw decisions.

But one thing is for sure, there will be competition in the TL for any good player early in the Season.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm thinking it's impossible for me to win the Cup in first time time i participate, so i will focus on CL and league only

It's fine to play several matches with my old team now, since it's already 5-6 stars stronger than average teams in level 2.

Also i will do my best in accumulating rest packs, to pump all into a 18 year old expensive player that im gonna buy in the next season, to make him a new star

Famous
    - Should i use all my rest packs to train current team or wait until i buy young fast trainer 18 year old guys from the market in 2nd season? I have 2 players (19 and 20 Year old), they train very fast too and they play excellently in current season, may be they fit the team well. Should i train those 2 or wait for new guys?

- Is it true that in the next season, all of my team will lose 1 star in rating? (someone told me that on this forum...)

- Should i sell all of my high value players which are NOT in the main squad (some of them are 4 stars but can bring back a revenue of almost 1 million), or i should keep them for the next year (when they would definitely get older and lose some value) ?

- What are the best ways to spend tokens in next season? (i wont mind buying some more by cash)

- And finally, should i actually believe that in the new season, all of my team will be worthless and i have to replace them with totally new guys? I dont want this to happen because i love my current team so much.
    I hesitate to answer these because the questions are quite open and no absolute correct answer for almost all questions.

1st question. You may use different approaches, depending on your abilities to collect new tokens and packs and different transfer markets facing. As non buyer/farmer, I don't use green packs in this way.

2nd question is easiest to answer. Yes, all players will lose 1 star but not quality. In my opinion, it is irrelevant. But you should know your players wiil be aged, and will be lowered in market value.

3rd question. I believe actually no one has definite answer. If your team is close to bankrupt, you must sell player to get cash. High value players' market value will reduce much in next season. But they train faster especially for young players. If you will not expect to use them for a long time and they are close to next star, you may sell them because you will be difficult to sell them when they just reach next star. You should also consider if you can quickly fill the position of players to be sold and build a intact team ready for next season.

The forth and fifth questions are very difficult to answer because the optimum strategy is depending on management philosophy. I suggest you don't spend all tokens but save some tokens sufficient to buy 1 or 2 players for emergency use. Buying early is more difficult, need more resources but will enjoy using them for long time. Buying later is easier. If you like your team, I highly recommend to maintain core of your team and replace players gradually. That's the most enjoyable part of this game in my opinion.
    Cat Harrison and legendqueen like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast