Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: New Cup Format - Token Buyers are DISADVANTAGED

I tell you what I have seen a lot of since this farcemat was introducted... Draws
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I feel this new cup format give me a better chance compare to what the format is use to be . Hopefully i can get the treble for my first full season
    Started 21/02/13
    Team: (Kashiwa Washi) (柏イーグル) (คะชิวะนกอินทรี) (柏市鹰)
    Current Season / Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Season 1 / Level 1
    league champion
    Season 2 / Level 2
    League champion Undefeated GA = 1
    Champions League Undefeated GA = 0
    Cup Champions

View The Mighty Washi Team Stats

Damn it. I was busy last night (getting drunk) so when I eventually woke up late today my Cup game was already played, didn't expect this new format so the team I left yesterday evening was not my best. Managed to win 2-1 against a manager of the same level, but better quality than me. It kinda sucks, tbh. My friends are not in the same Cup as I am. Not even my main rival and good friend Cv9, though he is the same level as I am and roughly the same quality, and it's annoying, especially since we played the last 4 Cup finals against each other. I mean, yeah, more competition, but honestly, the old Cup system was better: I already have CL and the League to test my nerves against good teams, I liked a competition where I could kick ass and chill a little, at least in the first stages.
    July Fourth and ice87s like this.
    Parshcester City
    League Titles: 38
    UCL Titles: 13
    Cups: 21
    Super Cups: 6
    In-Game Seasons/Active Seasons: 96/61

Quote Originally Posted by iamdjw View Post
    Guys surely the fact that your quality is as good as there's even if a couple leagues higher means you have as good a chance as if you were same level. And you will get better prizes than if just facing teams your level
    True but not in preliminary rounds m8, where is the realism in this???

Have you ever seen Liverpool facing Man U on September preliminary rounds ????????
    July Fourth and ParshulXXL like this.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

When I heard about the new cup format I thought my first opponent would be around L12, gradually working our way back up to my level towards the cup final to give us some challenge and I thought it would sound ok, What I didn't expect or want is thrown into Top Elevens version of the royal rumble where all 128 teams in the cup are of equal quality at the beginning of the tournament. The aim of this cup is simply survival.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Totally agreed......
    No point to change format, we still have to face higher level player bcoz of quality based system.....
    Most importantly, right now, none of my friends are playing in both CUP and CL match bcoz of this new format... What is the points?

Hopefully, there will b some friends in coming League....
    ParshulXXL likes this.
    Season 1 - League winner (7 matches to go from 6th place)
    Season 2 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (play off) (always facing 15-20 quality higher)
    Season 3 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 4 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 5 - 2nd runner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (hmm....!!!)
    Season 6 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter)

Quote Originally Posted by ParshulXXL View Post
    Damn it. I was busy last night (getting drunk) so when I eventually woke up late today my Cup game was already played, didn't expect this new format so the team I left yesterday evening was not my best. Managed to win 2-1 against a manager of the same level, but better quality than me. It kinda sucks, tbh. My friends are not in the same Cup as I am. Not even my main rival and good friend Cv9, though he is the same level as I am and roughly the same quality, and it's annoying, especially since we played the last 4 Cup finals against each other. I mean, yeah, more competition, but honestly, the old Cup system was better: I already have CL and the League to test my nerves against good teams, I liked a competition where I could kick ass and chill a little, at least in the first stages.
    Thats what I talking about, I used to play with more than 10 friends in CUP and CL, but now, NO ONE.......
    Season 1 - League winner (7 matches to go from 6th place)
    Season 2 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (play off) (always facing 15-20 quality higher)
    Season 3 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 4 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (AGAIN!!!)
    Season 5 - 2nd runner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter) (hmm....!!!)
    Season 6 - League winner, Champion League winner, CUP (Quarter)

Banned
    I am happy that token buyers have something to worry about now. This is the way it should be. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
    marc31 and Tauros like this.

Rookie
    I went ahead and submitted a ticket using July Fourth's format...

L1 Beginners Cup
    L2-L5
    L6-L9
    L10-L13
    L14-L17
    L18-L21
    L22-L25
    L26+ Shark Tank Cup.
    Los Angeles FC

"The Black Lions"

Seven Seasons: 7 League Titles, 6 Champions League Titles, 2 Cup Titles (& 3 Cup Runner Up Trophies)

This new system sucks!
    I used to win almost every cup while facing great opponents starting from quarter finals. Now every single team I've faced in the finals from the beginning of my career are facing me in here.
    Even token buyers that I enjoyed watching arriving to round 50 for a useless player are here. The lowest squad is as strong as I am. I guess the quality difference in the cup competition is now 10pts and I guess i am in the stronger cup of my server as I am the highest level in the server.
    ParshulXXL likes this.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast