Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Successful without investing real money!?

Successful without investing real money!?

Hi, I am just playing my first season and i am doing pretty good. But i just saw a thread here in this forum where guys in season 4 have more than 200 or even 500 tokens...
    i guess this is not possible without investing real money to buy tokens but will someone like me, who wont invest real money be able to even play this game in upcoming seasons?

Any advice or tips?

Hi, welcome to the TE forum.
    I wouldn't suggest you to buy tokens. I think that most of players would agree with me, this game isn't worth to spend real money.
    First, avoid buying scouts, they are too expensive. You need over 50T for decent one, so they aren't cost-effective.
    Instead I'd suggest you to study auctions and bidders, find some good time for bidding, that's usually (early) morning. Sometimes there are low activity periods on auction where only few players are bidding so no big competititon. Activity of players on auctions varies from level to level and from day to day. Usually highest activity is at the 1s days of season
    Avoid token wars! Better try negotiations or wait for later than bid on high active market.
    If auction leads to token war, better leave it early before you spend too much. For me, maybe it is better to find and buy some outstanding 5* player on negotiation list and bid for him than to join token war on auction. Don't forget that on negotiations you will get back your tokens if seller doesn't accept bid within 24 hours.
    Also there are already written useful threads and guides on this forum about everything, so you should google search and filter results to TE forum only. Good luck!
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Rookie
    you can get tokens and red/blue/green packs for free by watching ads.
    My Team: Wuppertaler SV
    League Level: 5
    Manager Level: 5
    Playing Top11 Since: 30th May 2015
    Trophies Won So Far:
    League: 3
    CL: 3
    Cup: 2
    Trebles: 1
    Last Updated: 19th September 2015

Famous
    Sorry, but I must at some point defend my opinion: why on earth are people in this forum always claiming that scouts are not effective ??
    They bloody are!
    I won 2 treebles in a row with a roster made of 90% scouts.
    Ask my current opponents in CL or cup or league if they are not.
    Explain to me how you are buying a 5 star, 18-year old youngster (without tokens for sure - not even token wars !!) and train him to the level of my 6 star scouts (getting close to 7) ? With on top, 2-3 positions and a SA ??
    Scouts are sure deals. From time to time, you get a bad one but he will still contribute to the overall ranking of your side, which is something critical I think, as games are resolved by a computer program.
    Training a player costs tokens ! Here in France its way easier to earn tokens than the green/reds packs you need to train your players. And the rate exchange is simple: 1 pack is worth 1 token or so.
    When I buy a scout I get who I want, when I want without gambling on a potential token war that could leave me with nothing.
    On top of that -believe it or not - I do not buy tokens. I'm earning them through (mainly) surveys.
    It is time consuming but it works.
    And yes, you can rapidly end up with hundreds of tokens if you play on a daily basis.
    dave1311 likes this.

Hi!
    thanks for your reply and the tips! i know that i can get the packs and money for watching ads but to get tokens i have to download or install games or other apps. i have not seen a way to watch ads and get tokens for it, did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Sorry, but I must at some point defend my opinion: why on earth are people in this forum always claiming that scouts are not effective ??
    I wrote that scouts are not cost-effective. I didn't write they are not effective (in game) at all, that's big difference.
    For me, cost-effective choice is to buy 5* fast trainer who will reach and overtake scouts quallity. They are better long-term choice. I've trained them up to 7* in one season without spending high amount of tokens and boosters. Moreover, next season that player will still grow faster than scout and he will last for seasons. Usually I've spent 90% of mine greens on few fast trainers which were backbone of mine team for seasons and meanwhile i've changed every season other 5* players.

Farming tokens or boosters is different from country to country. For someone who don't farm tokens, scouts are too expensive. I've had fast trainer which progressed in one season from rating 64 (5*) up to 68 (6*) without power training (or boosting or whatever it is called). For me that was great because i've bought him for 1T on auction.
    Ex top eleven player

i used to farm tokens by doing ads, installing apps. but not much anymore
    i had a season with 500T gained in one season hhhh
    but have no energy anymore

I used to farm boosters (more) and tokens (less) for few seasons and soon got bored. Few times I've left my team inactive for season and once it won the Cup. Last time I've left it inactive (that was last season) my team was 1st in league LOL. So now I have even less will to farm
    Ex top eleven player

Famous
    I already got this answer so I'm coming with my questions.
    HOW do you buy a fast trainer ? HOW do you know it is a fast trainer ?
    2 seasons ago, I bought a player who was more than the double of the price for a player of the same quality.
    I said to myself: you have now a FT. Result, he trained like **** and I got rid of him.
    And how do you know you'll get him ? Is everyone going to bow to me and say: please help yourself ?
    With scouts, you know the price, you are alone, you pay and you get him. I am calling that effectiveness. But you may disagree, I have no problem with that. It is just a different way of playing the game and that's good to have options.
    My scouts last for 2 seasons, sometimes 3 for the top ones. And instead of training them I am spending most of my time getting tokens. Surely a boresome job but vital to me.

I buy him on auctions. They are the most expensive players on auctions. Their age is 18-20.
    For example, my Celtic is now on level 12 where on auctions 5* players are between 20 and 30M. Fast trainers are over 40M worth, I've just found one which is 48M worth (shortlisted on screenshot).

Don't get me wrong, both strats have their pros and cons, personally I prefer fast trainers because I had few of them which played in my team over 5 seasons without investing much boosters.

Successful without investing real money!?-fast-trainer.jpg
    Last edited by t11_fan; 10-05-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    Celtic Warrior likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast