Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: This is not football. I am out

Addicted
    Going back to your original post, 1,2 and 3 are as is it in real life. When a team gets promoted from the championship to the premiership in England they have to buy numerous new players to compete. Take Watford this year, they bought 15 new players and off loaded those who were not good enough.That's the nature of football and T11 try to reflect this. You cannot expect to compete at every higher level without commitment and time.This is even more apparent at higher levels.
    dave1311 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sf6868 View Post
    It's very easy to understand. You are bad Coach!
    The VICTORY alway depends on tactics, form of players, win bonus, ticket price for spectators, numbers of match per day,....

Celta Vigo Vs Barcelona 4-1
    I am such a bad coach that I have a winning record

I am not leaving because of the results. I just hate the process of having to deal with an unrealistic number of injuries, having to constantly renew the squad to keep the standards up.

Had you taken a minute or two to read, you would know. But you didn't do that. I guess you are just a bad reader.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post

I am not leaving because of the results. I just hate the process of having to deal with an unrealistic number of injuries, having to constantly renew the squad to keep the standards up.

Had you taken a minute or two to read, you would know. But you didn't do that. I guess you are just a bad reader.
    Red =
    Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    Going back to your original post, 1,2 and 3 are as is it in real life. When a team gets promoted from the championship to the premiership in England they have to buy numerous new players to compete. Take Watford this year, they bought 15 new players and off loaded those who were not good enough.That's the nature of football and T11 try to reflect this. You cannot expect to compete at every higher level without commitment and time.This is even more apparent at higher levels.
    Blue =
    this season my team also have many injury player, but that situation don't bother me coz i have backup player and sometimes use Red pack if i have stock

No need take too serious, this just game, continue play if you enjoy it, otherwise leave, at this point you already make right choice

Sorry for my bad English, cheer...

Famous

I noted that your team has about 18 players. This is not a small squad. So I believe injury problems which can make you feeling bad are not minor. However, I still trust injury problems are only temporary. I regard temporary problems which are really difficult to handle with my limited abilities as challenges. To me, not only winning competitions are challenges.

How many players do you replace within a season approximately? How many team average quality points your team increases in whole season? I suppose it is about 5 if you compete with similar quality teams in every season.

As I remember, in low levels, it is not difficult to replace players who are not above 28 years old. Will you enjoy playing in levels in which it is difficult to sell any player before adding new one (the situation of my L19 team), or it is difficult to buy any player because of severe competition and limited 35T per season (the situation of my L27 team)? In both situations, the first problem is not number of players to be replaced. Instead, it is how players can be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I noted that your team has about 18 players. This is not a small squad. So I believe injury problems which can make you feeling bad are not minor. However, I still trust injury problems are only temporary. I regard temporary problems which are really difficult to handle with my limited abilities as challenges. To me, not only winning competitions are challenges.

How many players do you replace within a season approximately? How many team average quality points your team increases in whole season? I suppose it is about 5 if you compete with similar quality teams in every season.

As I remember, in low levels, it is not difficult to replace players who are not above 28 years old. Will you enjoy playing in levels in which it is difficult to sell any player before adding new one (the situation of my L19 team), or it is difficult to buy any player because of severe competition and limited 35T per season (the situation of my L27 team)? In both situations, the first problem is not number of players to be replaced. Instead, it is how players can be replaced.
    There is no simple answer to this because things happened in waves. After the first few seasons, I noticed that my ageing players were unable to keep up unless I invested heavily in training and health packs. So I replaced the majority of them. Then, a few seasons later, the new guys slowed down enough for the pattern to repeat.

In season 5, I was hyperactive and I rebuilt the entire squad. Won a double with them in season 6 and I kept the squad intact in season 7. Ultimately, I realized that they would spend a few seasons together and I would have to rebuild and replace later on.

In the meantime, I dealt with so many injuries (no matter what training and playing patterns used) that I felt it was a useless enterprise to try keeping a team together. A couple of academy players would have to go in season 8 and the wave of players from season 5 would have to be replaced later on.

T11 won't make it possible for a player to have his whole career at a club unless you are ready to suffer disappointing seasons. Tanking to regroup and get back stronger? I guess I was not competent enough to make it happen. Look at seasons 3 and 4 in my signature. My best efforts to tank failed as T11 promoted me even when I was in 8th position.

Once again, this is not about results. I won trophies and made many semis and quarters. This is about how you have to manage a team to make it competitive. I like realism and seeing players become practically useless past 25 years old, unless bought as scouts, is not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by mmunger; 10-18-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    cookizzz likes this.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Famous
    There is no simple answer to this because things happened in waves. After the first few seasons, I noticed that my ageing players were unable to keep up unless I invested heavily in training and health packs. So I replaced the majority of them. Then, a few seasons later, the new guys slowed down enough for the pattern to repeat.

In season 5, I was hyperactive and I rebuilt the entire squad. Won a double with them in season 6 and I kept the squad intact in season 7. Ultimately, I realized that they would spend a few seasons together and I would have to rebuild and replace later on.

In the meantime, I dealt with so many injuries (no matter what training and playing patterns used) that I felt it was a useless enterprise to try keeping a team together. A couple of academy players would have to go in season 8 and the wave of players from season 5 would have to be replaced later on.

T11 won't make it possible for a player to have his whole career at a club unless you are ready to suffer disappointing seasons. Tanking to regroup and get back stronger? I guess I was not competent enough to make it happen. Look at seasons 3 and 4 in my signature. My best efforts to tank failed as T11 promoted me even when I was in 8th position.

Once again, this is not about results. I won trophies and made many semis and quarters. This is about how you have to manage a team to make it competitive. I like realism and seeing players become practically useless past 25 years old, unless bought as scouts, is not my cup of tea.
    Now I understand more about your feelings. You should feel extremely bad after being forced to promote. I always think Nordeus should at least give one-time special allowance to managers who are forced to promote.

Injury storms are really annoying even though I understand they are temporary. This game require time and effort. It is hard to continue if you lost passion to play.

Alright, I had enough. I will quit this game at the end of the season and destroy my team in the process, to make sure no one can pick it up.

Why? Here's a list of problems that surely won't be addressed anytime soon because it is not in Nordeus' economic interest.

Draws: building a great team for one season and winning titles means you are automatically going to face too many formidable opponents the next season unless you invest a pile of money or spend hours farming resources to make your team incredibly powerful. Unrealistic.

Im sorry but this is one of the realistic parts.. for example if A.C Roma were to invest a bilion in their squad they would
    get good enouh to win the Serie A but next season they would be playing in CL where the competition is alot harder and and they would need to invest more if they want to win.. This is how it works..Look at your team as it's a new commer..
    You would never see Frozinone who were in Serie B win the Serie A on their 1st season there.. that's what you want to do with your team? W/o investing you could play 2-3 seasons on each level and always win the league then promote..
    I know it goes slow but that's a way to do it.. none says we have to get promoted and win everything everytime.. w/o investing real money, it takes lots of time else.. you can just buy tokens and build ur squad.

Squad management: if you want to circumvent that, you have to destroy a good part of your squad at the end of a season to keep quality down and rebuild it the next season. No continuity. Just waves of players coming in and leaving. Unrealistic.
    +1.

Player careers: In the circumstances, putting a competitive team together and keeping players for several seasons simply is impossible. After 4 seasons, that promising 18 year-old is slowing down at 22. A season or two later, he is out because he cannot keep up, although real football players tend to peak from 25 to 30. Unrealistic.

It's impossible to do that unleas you repeat few levels... yet.. in real football you don't always win the league CL and cup every season.. unless you got someone to invest a fortune on ur team.

Injuries: No matter what playing and training pattern you use, players get injured by pulled shirts and simple training sessions. One or two per day, which means an injury or two per week in football terms, no matter what you do. Unrealistic.

19y on topeleven is 1 week in real life football..i usually get 8-9 injured players in around 50 games..that would be over a year, that's close to real football.
    This is topeleven..

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Addicted
    Injuries can be solved by not have intensive training for your players. I have mine to rest between games and have few injuries. I agree that my players may not get as far forward as others who train hard,but I seem to do alright.

This is not football. I am out

Totally agree.

KFC Loella.. Level 24
    14 League Titles
    3 Champions Leagues
    1 Cup
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Watford is a bad example. They take most of their players on loan from Chel**** and other teams owned by the owner of Watford. He owns at least one team in every league. They most likely have to get new players every season, so that example is just worthless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12