Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: This is not football. I am out

This is not football. I am out

Alright, I had enough. I will quit this game at the end of the season and destroy my team in the process, to make sure no one can pick it up.

Why? Here's a list of problems that surely won't be addressed anytime soon because it is not in Nordeus' economic interest.

Draws: building a great team for one season and winning titles means you are automatically going to face too many formidable opponents the next season unless you invest a pile of money or spend hours farming resources to make your team incredibly powerful. Unrealistic.

Squad management: if you want to circumvent that, you have to destroy a good part of your squad at the end of a season to keep quality down and rebuild it the next season. No continuity. Just waves of players coming in and leaving. Unrealistic.

Player careers: In the circumstances, putting a competitive team together and keeping players for several seasons simply is impossible. After 4 seasons, that promising 18 year-old is slowing down at 22. A season or two later, he is out because he cannot keep up, although real football players tend to peak from 25 to 30. Unrealistic.

Tactics: Even if you play a 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 with passing down the wings, your players will bunch up in the middle when you watch the game on mobile. Unrealistic.

Injuries: No matter what playing and training pattern you use, players get injured by pulled shirts and simple training sessions. One or two per day, which means an injury or two per week in football terms, no matter what you do. Unrealistic.

I'm finishing this season to win my last league title, renaming the team, its players and ditching Top Eleven. I wasted enough time on a game that favours spending over realism.
    Last edited by mmunger; 10-13-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

1. I hear ya bro. It seems you get punished the next season when you've done well the previous - for me I like the challenge, I have to improve again to compete. I don't pay to play I just spend a few days training and buying.

2. I don't destroy my team, I train them. My squad average age is now 18-19. Just turned 6* so all I do is keep the best performers and watch tons of videos for green packs and get that 6* back.

3. With the exception of few, not many players make it 5 years at a one club. Although i do agree nordeous do favour youth over experience when it comes to training and they should probably cap the increase from early 30s. For example. Di Natale, Drogba and Vidic were late bloomers who dramatically increased ability late in their careers.

4. I don't understand what's wrong with them bunching up in the middle. If you see most heat maps of real games the centre of the pitch is the most active. You don't really expect to have a guy standing on the touch line waiting for a long pass do you? Playing down the flanks often consist of taking on the defender dribbling past them and crossing from by-line.

5. Injuries are frustrating but it's still part of the game. That's what red packs are for.

I suggest you have a break for a month or 2. Log on every week just to sign a new contract and tank the season to keep good players.

There was a guy here who spent £1000 per month on the game. And while such people do it, it will keeo going.

Yes, and leagues are organized by spending profiles.

I've seen leagues of my level where all teams average 3* players. Including the champion who was all 3* and a couple of 4* players.

If I have a team with 3 players under 5*, I end in last.

Well, they make you spend as much as possible since last updates. I personally find it very frustrating but it is what is. You can still train your players after 22, but it will be significantly slower. I still have player that trains fast. It also depends on the wage of player. If he's most valuable and has high wage, he may still train fast

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post
    Draws: building a great team for one season and winning titles means you are automatically going to face too many formidable opponents the next season unless you invest a pile of money or spend hours farming resources to make your team incredibly powerful. Unrealistic.

Squad management: if you want to circumvent that, you have to destroy a good part of your squad at the end of a season to keep quality down and rebuild it the next season. No continuity. Just waves of players coming in and leaving. Unrealistic.
    I prefer my team grows healthy and gradually instead of dramatically. My teams comprise of all or large portion of young players. Their average qualities gradually improve during the season (increase by about 0.1Q per day except those days with squad changes). At the beginning of each season, relative average qualities are more or less the same, around high 4 star or low 5 star (actually slightly increase in each season) after promoting to next level.

With this cycle, I play with teams with similar qualities in each season, and can always enjoy competing top 4 or champion in league in every season.

Player careers: In the circumstances, putting a competitive team together and keeping players for several seasons simply is impossible. After 4 seasons, that promising 18 year-old is slowing down at 22. A season or two later, he is out because he cannot keep up, although real football players tend to peak from 25 to 30. Unrealistic.
    First, for teams which do not promote in some seasons (I don't have experience), young players should be able to kept longer.

Second, good players can still be useful and kept even if its relative quality is dropped.

Third, players' growth really slow down at 22. But some of them are not too bad after 22. I have not carefully studied this but as I remember, some players still enjoyed quite healthy growth at age around 25.

Tactics: Even if you play a 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 with passing down the wings, your players will bunch up in the middle when you watch the game on mobile. Unrealistic.

Injuries: No matter what playing and training pattern you use, players get injured by pulled shirts and simple training sessions. One or two per day, which means an injury or two per week in football terms, no matter what you do. Unrealistic.
    I agree that the injury period in T11 is longer than real world. But there are red packs in T11 world. So it cannot directly compare.

I do not rule out all conspiracies about injuries. It seems there are more injuries when I use more red packs. So now I apply them very carefully and often let some players to sit out for a few matches even if I have red pack stock. My red pack stock is used to dropped to zero. In last few seasons, it is often maintained at 100-250 even though I don't farm any red pack.

In my experience, my teams suffered severe injury problems in some seasons but also had far less injuries in other season. You may be just experiencing a season with bad luck.

I do not aim at convincing you to stay. But honestly speaking, there are too many real challenges at higher levels you have yet not experienced if you just played a few seasons.

Anyway, hope you still enjoy the game in last few days of this season and may be try out something interesting here.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 10-14-2015 at 01:40 PM. Reason: edit some wordings, and added a statement about comparing injury in real world and T11

I love T11 with all its flaws. I wish though there was a complementary game with those points addressed and I would play both.
    Bunzo and Sons of Pitches like this.

Apprentice
    Flat formations are to play with mixed focus!!

They aren't they are meant to be played with arrows targeting the weak section of the opponents team.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

This is the proper way to say goodbye. The Red Stars Munich finish their last season with a league title, with a 5-point lead over some "Manchester City" clone.

This is not football. I am out-league.jpg

It was a decent run. Four league titles and a double in 7 seasons. In addition, three Cup semi-finals and one Champions League semi when the team went close to winning more trophies.

It was a solid last campaign with Petermann, Forsberg, Franken, Eriksen and Schouten burning defenders to score goals and provide assists.

This is not football. I am out-stats.jpg

All good things come to an end, though. The following squad is very good, but it will be renamed as Abandoned FC to drift away slowly.

This is not football. I am out-squad.jpg

Say goodbye to the Red Stars Munich
    Last edited by mmunger; 10-17-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

It's very easy to understand. You are bad Coach!
    The VICTORY alway depends on tactics, form of players, win bonus, ticket price for spectators, numbers of match per day,....

Celta Vigo Vs Barcelona 4-1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast