Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wow wow bidding

Apprentice
    That must be it then. Is there a limit to your league level? Maybe level 20? I think the real downside would be if I can never become one of the top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Ramsey Tiong View Post
    The market for me, every time.

I don't think it's that the organisers are smart, just that some people are dumb.
    its a bit of both except i would replace the word smart for greedy.
    Manger: Dean burroughs.

Club: Kilkenny rugby FC-level 13.

Club Anthem: Slayer-Here comes the pain!

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boblim130 View Post
    Just witness a bidding war. A quality 58 striker with Free Kick specility was put up.

On avg, four Lvl 8 players bidded all the way to Round 30 (ie 31 tokens each) and the final 2 went all the way to R37.
    The final successful bidder ended paying 38 tokens and 34.2 mil for a player of mkt value 12 mil.

So is it worth it? Or better off buying from Scout?

For the Organizers it is a BIG hurray. Assuming that all tokens were bought, total tokens spent on This player amounts to approx 135 tokens. Taking an avg of 12.50 per token, the Organisers just pocketed US$ 16.87.

Do you realize for maximum return and bidding enthusiasm, players are usually offered in about 2 to 3 lvls down for bidding.
    For eg the above player was playing in L10 or 11 and thrown to those in Lvl 7 or 8 where he will be madly bidded for. Ain;t the organisers smart?
    2 seasons ago I gived 68 tokens on a 5 players MC or Striker I don't remember good and + 50 tokens to buy moneys from bank because I was on minus and I didn't wanted bank to sell all my teams so it don't deserve but you know how it is, after you gived 20-30 tokens you don't want to give up because is stupid to lose them for nothing
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Apprentice
    That must be it then. Is there a limit to your league level? Maybe level 20? I think the real downside would be if I can never become one of the top teams.

Isnt the limit on players a max rating of 125 ?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Brown View Post
    Isnt the limit on players a max rating of 125 ?
    I have no idea. My players are currently 80-85, does that mean I will hit the top level in about 8 seasons? I was thinking it can't go on forever, because if you upgrade teams in the current top level, there would eventually only be 4 teams, and you need 14 for a full league.

Okay, maximum of 125 isn't true, my next opponent in the Cup has players of 125-129.
    Last edited by Aaron Ramsey Tiong; 11-29-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    There is no limit and stay calm you can't hit the limit or you will need to play few years more maybe
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Apprentice
    I have no idea. My players are currently 80-85, does that mean I will hit the top level in about 8 seasons? I was thinking it can't go on forever, because if you upgrade teams in the current top level, there would eventually only be 4 teams, and you need 14 for a full league.

Okay, maximum of 125 isn't true, my next opponent in the Cup has players of 125-129.
    we are now in season 34 according to the old forum. there was one manager in the old forum who was level 30. i'm also not sure if there is a limit to the level. what i know is if there is not enough teams from the same level to form a league, managers from lower levels can be included in that league.

In my opinion this is a big failing in the game structure from what I read in the old forum it's a major causes of why people leave the game after reaching the upper levels. (boring!)
    Like any game you can only play it for so long as you get bored. New challenges are needed in every game.

Eg. I have a strategy game (Lux), even though there are around 50 different themes for playing and new ones added weekly, there comes a point where the Al just cant beat you, going on line does not help as they are all friends who play games daily, if you join one they just form alliances and get rid of you.

Back to Tll, the way I see it is because there is no relegation the game has two major flaws.
    By the time you are half way through the season you can see who is not going make the top seven clubs and so they just lose interest and disappear for the remainder of the season knowing they will be safe for the same league next season.
    Relegation would create far more interest and keep those managers battling to stave off the drop (not applicable at level one of course)

Secondly. Relegation would fill the voids in the higher leagues where lower level managers are being promoted a couple of levels to fill those spaces, this in turn would also reduce the levels needed to sustain the teams at the very top.
    Throughout the whole game structure you would have more balanced leagues.
    With the current structure you can almost guarantee that when promoted even in seventh place in all likelihood your team will be better than the 7 teams left in the league when you join it, but with relegation you would have 3-4 teams dropping a level so the whole system remains more competitive, yes the way that star ratings are currently downscaled on promotion would have to be addressed as players dropping a level under the current system their players would gain a star, so that would need to be re structured.

It would also stop players throwing games by playing illegal formations just to stay in that league to develop players to a much higher level, accumulating large sums of tokens and finances before making a move on the title in two or three seasons time.

IMO it would also help to address the huge quality level differential we are seeing were by some managers buy their way to success, while good for Nordeus it does destroy the morale of those who cannot afford to throw a few hundred $$ into the Nordeus piggy bank and they just abandon their teams.

Those who do this may get promoted a couple of levels very quickly but as they level out they would have to invest further $$ to buy large amounts of tokens or see their team relegated with huge wage bills, this would be unsustainable as they would not qualify for the CL where the big financial bonuses are made, they lose out on promotion bonuses lower sponsorship and TV deals.

All in all a more balanced, fairer and competitive system, which in turn would allow Nordeus to be more flexible/lenient with the way the game engine balances team out. IE. injuries, red cards, and the stats % within games, this would elevate a lot of the current gripes many posters find so frustrating currently.

Don't think I have ever come across a game where failure is not penalised.

Bring in relegation!.

Apologises for taking this thread off topic. I got carried away.

if the Mods which to move this post to suggestions, feel free, I probably should have put it there in any case.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 11-29-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12