Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wow wow bidding

Apprentice

Wow wow bidding

Just witness a bidding war. A quality 58 striker with Free Kick specility was put up.

On avg, four Lvl 8 players bidded all the way to Round 30 (ie 31 tokens each) and the final 2 went all the way to R37.
    The final successful bidder ended paying 38 tokens and 34.2 mil for a player of mkt value 12 mil.

So is it worth it? Or better off buying from Scout?

For the Organizers it is a BIG hurray. Assuming that all tokens were bought, total tokens spent on This player amounts to approx 135 tokens. Taking an avg of 12.50 per token, the Organisers just pocketed US$ 16.87.

Do you realize for maximum return and bidding enthusiasm, players are usually offered in about 2 to 3 lvls down for bidding.
    For eg the above player was playing in L10 or 11 and thrown to those in Lvl 7 or 8 where he will be madly bidded for. Ain;t the organisers smart?
    Oğuz Türkmen likes this.
    Season 14 - Level 14

League Champions: Season 3/4/7/8/10/11
    Cup Winners: Season 3/4/6/9/10
    Champions League Winners: Season 2/4/6

Apprentice
    The market for me, every time.

I don't think it's that the organisers are smart, just that some people are dumb.
    kilkenny-rugby likes this.

I once went to round 72 for a defender. Got more than annoyed as the other person wouldn't quit bidding. A $20million player bought for $65million, Never made a big impact at my club anyways, will be sold next season.

Yes your right, the auction system is designed like that to soak up your tokens and I don't see why it should ever be changed. Sometimes you get a player for 1 or 2 tokens or your locked in a bidding war.
    Oğuz Türkmen likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

The longest bidding war I've ever been involved in, was successful for me, but it took 51 rounds of bidding.

Apprentice
    nothing better than a big bidding war

Rookie
    normal ,have u ever c a bidding war up to 70+ round

Apprentice
    Since I'm working on a limited budget, I try my best not to get involved in bidding wars.

I do not bid on players:
    - that already have bids on them, for the initial round, I mean
    - that are the top of the 5 star level, 84 for me since my 5 star range is 80-84
    - that have 3 or more managers in total going to the first knockout round

Maybe some of you think this leaves me very little choice, but it works for me.

Rookie
    if u go 4 5stars player there always be some1 into him

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by katocrazy View Post
    if u go 4 5stars player there always be some1 into him
    Not true. I'm level 13 now, and I've seen many players finish their initial round time without a single bid. Sometimes it's hard for me to sell my players too, and for sure even my 1 star will be a 5 star to those managers a few level belows.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Ramsey Tiong View Post
    Not true. I'm level 13 now, and I've seen many players finish their initial round time without a single bid. Sometimes it's hard for me to sell my players too, and for sure even my 1 star will be a 5 star to those managers a few level belows.
    then you are probably lucky to be in a very good server. not all servers are the same. in my server, although i'm only level 7, the highest level is 8. for level 7, we only see 3-4 star players. only the occasional 5 star players. so if we see 5 star players, it will attract a lot of bidders from level 7 and 8. 4 star players attract levels 6/7/8 in my server. even during the last day of the season, a top end 4 star player can fetch for 10-15 tokens. it is very rare to find a player without any buyer in my server.

maybe if i try not to get promoted for a few seasons, i can probably get what you are getting. i think current level 4 and below in my server are easier as they see lots of 5 star players. plus they probably be competing only with same levels in their auctions. but the downside is that it's hard to win in cups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast