Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Many people complain, but..

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    People tend to notice injustices against themselves far more than they notice something going their way, hence there are far more posts on here about 'bad' things happening than 'good'.
    Great example was one game my keeper got injured after 7 minutes and I decided not to replace him to see what would happen.
    I won the game 2-1 despite playing with 10 men and no goalkeeper for 83 minutes against a team of roughly the same quality as me.
    I found it quite funny as it showed up the randomness of the game engine, but if I'd been the opposition manager I think i'd have stopped playing the game for ever right there!!

I think more people tend to show sympathy and empathy to those who suffered. So there are more replies on related posts. In contrast, less people like to cheer for those gained benefits.

As I remember, there were many discussions in the past about cases of GK injured out without replacements and so I have already known how to use this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I think more people tend to show sympathy and empathy to those who suffered. So there are more replies on related posts. In contrast, less people like to cheer for those gained benefits.

As I remember, there were many discussions in the past about cases of GK injured out without replacements and so I have already known how to use this.
    My point was that, as plenty of psychological studies have shown, we are wired to respond to negative situations and emotions with a far greater urgency and degree than to positive ones.
    Taking it down to the level of this game you see far more 'angry' initial posts about something that has happened than you do initial 'happy' posts, as the negative outcome has more of an impact on the average player than a positive outcome has.
    Sakura and legendqueen like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    My point was that, as plenty of psychological studies have shown, we are wired to respond to negative situations and emotions with a far greater urgency and degree than to positive ones.
    Taking it down to the level of this game you see far more 'angry' initial posts about something that has happened than you do initial 'happy' posts, as the negative outcome has more of an impact on the average player than a positive outcome has.
    Generally I agree with you.

Subject matters of complaints has 2 sides. Those gained benefits has less tendency to write in this forum.

I enjoy the ones that follow up with I spent so much money on this game just to lose.
    Sakura likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Untill now i still think this game's engine is nice, may be i'm too "young" to judge that
    yeah but sooner or later ...
    well, it's a simple program to play with your mobile, it's not the DARPA central server but it could fix some specific known bugs like my example.
    and here is another one I had today.
    With my other team, defeated by a team who played most of the game with 10 players.

This is another "bug" of the game. If oppo gets a red card, be ware of a goal.
    Many people complain, but..-defeat-vs-10-players.jpg

In real football, sometimes a team with suspended player can get a draw or maybe a victory too, but it comes after playing hard defending, having very few opportunities to score and the luck to do it while oppo is uneffective.
    Here you have almost 50% chances (while oppo playing better than with 11 players ).

I think it's good to report those "bugs " of the game, because some (programming) developers checking the forum from time to time, so maybe can fix some things.
    One thing they fixed is the double corner bug.
    Some seasons ago, if you or oppo had a second in a raw corner, it was a (99%) goal.
    They fix it (now it's the opposite, 99% no goal ).
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 11-05-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    pcmacdaniel and Brian Dang like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Reminds me of that time when I lost the CL final (1-3) to a team playing with 9 men.

I had 1-0 lead when they went down to 10 men. Down 1-2, when opponent was reduced to 9.
    Brian Dang likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I was lucky to join the forum in my early levels (lv2), so I learned soon the "bugs" and the behavior of the game.
    So, from lv5, I stopped using a second GK (and saved some money and T from that).

Here is where I won A ch.l. final, having an injured GK almost in the whole game
    Many people complain, but..-ch-l-final-highlights-.jpg

My GKs, playing all the games of the season (that was a treble season )
    Many people complain, but..-dida.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I agree with this, two season's ago I lost my champs final to a much weaker team and was fuming about it even though I had won the league already by a great distance going unbeaten all season, but all I could think about was the defeat in the final, negatives always come first.
    legendqueen likes this.
    Level 18

17 league titles

14 cups

14 Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    yeah but sooner or later ...
    well, it's a simple program to play with your mobile, it's not the DARPA central server but it could fix some specific known bugs like my example.
    and here is another one I had today.
    With my other team, defeated by a team who played most of the game with 10 players.

This is another "bug" of the game. If oppo gets a red card, be ware of a goal.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defeat vs 10 players.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	56690

In real football, sometimes a team with suspended player can get a draw or maybe a victory too, but it comes after playing hard defending, having very few opportunities to score and the luck to do it while oppo is uneffective.
    Here you have almost 50% chances (while oppo playing better than with 11 players ).

I think it's good to report those "bugs " of the game, because some (programming) developers checking the forum from time to time, so maybe can fix some things.
    One thing they fixed is the double corner bug.
    Some seasons ago, if you or oppo had a second in a raw corner, it was a (99%) goal.
    They fix it (now it's the opposite, 99% no goal ).
    Ahaha, the same things happened to me too, i got 2 matches with suspended players from the opponent (by red card), no difference was made i believe, they still had chances to score, still stopped my attackers in many situations.
    I dont think the red card is big deal in this game, so i'm kinda nervous when play with teams have hard tackle style
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    I agree with this, two season's ago I lost my champs final to a much weaker team and was fuming about it even though I had won the league already by a great distance going unbeaten all season, but all I could think about was the defeat in the final, negatives always come first.
    About the early manager level, i've noticed that 95% of my matches the opponent's managers didnt show up to watch live, they dont pay much attention to this game, or they just quit. So the league tittle is always too easy when 12/13 of your competitors are inactive. The same thing happens in Champion league, you're just unlucky to lose to weaker team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast