Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Argument about Tactics/Team Order

Wink Argument about Tactics/Team Order

Put aside the unsatisfactory results recently, i want to talk more about the team's orders.
    There are several subjects i want to investigate, you can put your own experience here as i will do the same.

- Defensive/Counter Attack: I play this against stronger team (3-5Q higher than me), everytime i played this tactic, i lost. The team's defending system doesnt seem to work better for me in this case, the opponents still own a lot of chances and shots. Moreover, forcing counter attack makes the normal chances (by short pass, or dribbling..) become less to be seen.

- Attacking/Offside Trap On: This, notwithstanding, has given me good results. Attacking gives more chance to score (especially at the start of the match, when attacking team usually dominate the opponent in the number of chance to score; and when the match is close to the end - like min 70+. when late goals always make you feel excited ). Offside Trap, i dont know if this has any effect on match outcome, but i have a slight feeling that offside trap reduces the possibility that your goal is put under danger.

- Play with Red Arrow on Strikers: This trick helps in force counter attack, when we hear the commentator say "Long ball forward to player x", Player x is usually the guy with red arrow (in my case: AML, AMR, ST), However, when not putting red arrow on Strikers, they occasionally join defending, and also play low enough to be the one who "attempt to play short pass". Which means, Strikers without Red Arrow will play as chances creator additionally.

- Red Arrow on Side Defenders (DR, DL): This works nicely. the defenders still don't neglect their main responsibility, they join attacks more regularly and still come to get the ball when the opponent's pushing upward. However, dont play with attack-minded wing defenders unless you have a DMC to help the 2 DCs, or else your defending system won't be strong enough against equally rated opponents.

- Down both flanks/Through Middle: Through middle works well if you have an AMC, or else it's just disappointing. Down both flanks is quite popular since 4-5-1 V is the most commonly applied formation lately. However, when I play down both flanks when the opponents have ML/MR and DL/DR, my AMR/AML will normally have the lowest rating in my team.

- Marking Style: Zonal is effective when i have my players spread out widely on the pitch (like 4-4-2 flat, or 4-5-1 V style), when i play with less players in a particular field (like only 3 midfielders or 3 Defenders), Zonal doesnt provide enough defending strength. Man-to-man costs more condition, however when play with stronger team, it's best to play Man-to-Man isnt it

- Passing Style: this is my biggest curiosity, i tried many time to switch between long and short, the match statistics and also the commentations don't change at all, people say that short pass gives you more ball possession and long pass gives you the edge in matches with heavily crowded mid-field. It's theory, but i cant confirm.

OK it's not a guide or something, it's a discussion, i dont know for sure at all, i'm waiting for you guys' opinions as well. Give us your thoughts about those tactics
    Last edited by legendqueen; 12-24-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legendqueen View Post
    Put aside the unsatisfactory results recently, i want to talk more about the team's orders.
    There are several subjects i want to investigate, you can put your own experience here as i will do the same.

- Defensive/Counter Attack: I play this against stronger team (3-5Q higher than me), everytime i played this tactic, i lost. The team's defending system doesnt seem to work better for me in this case, the opponents still own a lot of chances and shots. Moreover, forcing counter attack makes the normal chances (by short pass, or dribbling..) become less to be seen.

- Attacking/Offside Trap On: This, notwithstanding, has given me good results. Attacking gives more chance to score (especially at the start of the match, when attacking team usually dominate the opponent in the number of chance to score; and when the match is close to the end - like min 70+. when late goals always make you feel excited ). Offside Trap, i dont know if this has any effect on match outcome, but i have a slight feeling that offside trap reduces the possibility that your goal is put under danger.

- Play with Red Arrow on Strikers: This trick helps in force counter attack, when we hear the commentator say "Long ball forward to player x", Player x is usually the guy with red arrow (in my case: AML, AMR, ST), However, when not putting red arrow on Strikers, they occasionally join defending, and also play low enough to be the one who "attempt to play short pass". Which means, Strikers without Red Arrow will play as chances creator additionally.

- Red Arrow on Side Defenders (DR, DL): This works nicely. the defenders still don't neglect their main responsibility, they join attacks more regularly and still come to get the ball when the opponent's pushing upward. However, dont play with attack-minded wing defenders unless you have a DMC to help the 2 DCs, or else your defending system won't be strong enough against equally rated opponents.

- Down both flanks/Through Middle: Through middle works well if you have an AMC, or else it's just disappointing. Down both flanks is quite popular since 4-5-1 V is the most commonly applied formation lately. However, when I play down both flanks when the opponents have ML/MR and DL/DR, my AMR/AML will normally have the lowest rating in my team.

- Marking Style: Zonal is effective when i have my players spread out widely on the pitch (like 4-4-2 flat, or 4-5-1 V style), when i play with less players in a particular field (like only 3 midfielders or 3 Defenders), Zonal doesnt provide enough defending strength. Man-to-man costs more condition, however when play with stronger team, it's best to play Man-to-Man isnt it

- Passing Style: this is my biggest curiosity, i tried many time to switch between long and short, the match statistics and also the commentations don't change at all, people say that short pass gives you more ball possession and long pass gives you the edge in matches with heavily crowded mid-field. It's theory, but i cant confirm.

OK it's not a guide or something, it's a discussion, i dont know for sure at all, i'm waiting for you guys' opinions as well. Give us your thoughts about those tactics
    Previous season I contained a lot of opponents with defensive/CA. Atlético Kolkata used to be the troll of TE. But this season I'm losing most of the time against stronger teams. And yes, fullbacks with red arrows is very, very, effective. I usually play hexagon, so no DMC. I may experiment 4-5-1V next season, used to play it in Season 1. Try to counter with long balls, very effective.

Good post legendqueen... What level are you?
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Previous season I contained a lot of opponents with defensive/CA. Atlético Kolkata used to be the troll of TE. But this season I'm losing most of the time against stronger teams. And yes, fullbacks with red arrows is very, very, effective. I usually play hexagon, so no DMC. I may experiment 4-5-1V next season, used to play it in Season 1. Try to counter with long balls, very effective.

Good post legendqueen... What level are you?
    I'm level 5
    I find 4-5-1 v-style somehow uneffective with strong opponents, 4-4-2, on the other hand, gives me more options in attacking.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    You must have players that can perform good with the formation you choose.
    Without the right stuff, F&T cannot bring the victories.
    I use 4-5-1V, def./counters/flanks.
    Almost all the seasons it worked for me but from time to time I change it (not using it in all games).
    Offside and passing are almost invisible for me.
    I use offside sometimes just as another emergency button.
    When oppo playing without DM, I try to play with long pass. But not sure how much % it helps.
    I don't use red arrows in my defenders. Blue arrows for my DC and for DR-DL too, if oppo has AMR-AML.
    4-4-2 it's also a good formation but lately with the STs problem, I don't use two ST. One of them playing always bad (rate of 7 and nothing more).

After playing for many seasons (and watching the games of course), a manager also gain and using his instinct.
    He can understand for example if the roll dice of the game doesn't favor him, when he 'll concede a goal, if one of his player is gonna be suspended or injured and some other little things.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 12-24-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    Gert Funck and legendqueen like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

On passing style, I started a game with short passing no counter and I had all the possession. When I took a 2-0 lead I experimented with long ball counter and the match summary said 'we started to lose possession' so I think it has an affect.

This from my own experience, maybe not same for another player

I never play with Attacking mentality, even my team quality > oppo, normal all the way

Flank focus only if I play with AML/R formation, otherwise I use mix, even I use 442 ND, mix focus work better if you put red arrow on DL/R coz they score a lot, this I already prove it last season while use 442 ND, I put red on DL/R + use mix focus

Attack mentality + high press + hard tackling only if I want try push goal, I don't care oppo quality lower or higher than my team.

If I put blue arrow on DC, oppo total shot number increase, this also same situation for my team, more total shot if oppo put blue on their DC.
    For this situation, I already prove it coz I ask my real life friend do Friendly with same formation + player, only make change on blue arrow on DC.

Now I use this formation, 3W-3DMC-MC-2W-ST, look strange but so far so good, no arrow, flank, rest default.
    legendqueen and grubi125 like this.

Dreamer
    and it works ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanut Stefanut View Post
    and it works ?
    Yes (for me )

Argument about Tactics/Team Order-s9-day-12-stat.jpg

Dreamer
    Nice statistics

Dreamer
    The orders are :

Normal