Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: information about force counter attack and offside trap

Rookie

information about force counter attack and offside trap

I want to know more about these two features, what's the use of these features? When to use & when to not use? Need some suggestions

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    if you put those two in advanced search button, you 'll have many interest results.
    there are some hundred posts about it.
    (and I 'n not sure if there is a clear answer about it).
    the only sure is
    - not use offside while defending
    - not use counter while attacking
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Just my opinion but, when you're playing a defensive formation and opponent is using offensive formation.

Take Leicester City for example. They don't have the quality to match teams such as Arsenal, Man City, so they'll sit back allowing the opposition to pass the ball around until they leave their own half and when they lose the ball Vardy (ST) Schlupp (ML) and Mahrez (MR or (ST) will charge forward with the ball being delivered from own half to a clear cut chance. You are basically trading in possession for a few chances a game. A gamble.
    That is a counter attack.

Offside - the best example I can think of is Man City, when in possession they will move forward into opponents half with fullbacks offering extra width and the defence playing a high line. Forcing the opposition to be pressurised into losing the ball in danger areas. If the opposition attacks the defence will try to catch out the opposition striker.

Counter is best used against stronger opposition
    Offside when your defenders are much quicker than the oppositions strikers.

information about force counter attack and offside trap-interesting-observation.jpg

Rookie
    El pistorelo@ thanks for such a useful info, actually I'm a new football fan so I don't know much about football tactics and also lack of watching football matches, all I read here it will be helpful for me!

Dreamer
    You'll learn

Quote Originally Posted by Nagu S Baragi View Post
    El pistorelo@ thanks for such a useful info, actually I'm a new football fan so I don't know much about football tactics and also lack of watching football matches, all I read here it will be helpful for me!
    When I started I learned off others. Some information helped, some didn't. The best advice someone could give you is keep things simple. Counter with defensive and offside with attack.

A general rule for myself is I may use short passing if I play a narrow diamond or 4-2-2-2 hexagon but if I play 4-5-1v or 4-4-2 I may use mixed or long.

Rookie
    Before joining forum mostly I use 4-4-2 formation with default tactic mostly I won and sometime I faced some troll results, thats why I won only 1 league title forget about cup and CL, from this season I'm using forum help so that atlast results will be better, so far so now I'm not disappointed from forum tactics and formation : )
    My English is not so good as u guys speak so I hope u understand if some of mistakes in grammer