Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Like Tree1744Likes

Thread: Season 75 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiesse View Post
    I had used attacking trough the middle short passing own half zonal no counter/offside. I choose the attacking mentality cause I was stronger and played home. I tried with hard tackle everything mixed high pressure but I failed. Arrows on the wingers but failed. I came on 1-0, but in no time I was 2-1 behind. The first 2 shots on goals
    I'm sorry about your result.

I always play Normal unless opponent is like 2 star below in defence, mid and attack or tanked/out of position.

I don't know, I just find normal mentality a lot smoother, more fluid. I would change to attack if losing or drawing when I'm statistically superior.
    If I was losing with 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond I would sub DMC for MC switch to attacking mentality, high press, hard tackle, short, through middle, zonal, no counter, offside on red arrows on DL, DR, AMC.

Rookie
    I'm struggling a lot in the start of this season. I got hard draws in the league and champions, every team has 5 stars or more. In the league, i lost 2 and draw 1. In the Champions League, 1-1 at home. The good part is that i'm alive in the Cup. We play away from home and scored 2 goals, for a 2-2 at the end. We have a very good chance to advance.

I hope the results get better in the next days or it's gonna be a long, long season
    Arion likes this.

Day 5 - Palace teams report (part 1).

Palace Terriers started off today's action with an away Champions League Group match. The visitors got two early goals on the board then struggled to make any further headway against a team several Q-points lower, as well as suffering the almost obligatory injury...

Season 75 - Are you ready?-s08-champ-hl-round-2.jpg

Palace Casuals were away in the League against an equally-rated team. The match ebbed and flowed, and Casuals evenually found themselves on the wrong end of a three-goal scoreline...

Season 75 - Are you ready?-s31-league-hl-round-3.jpg

Left-back (and occasional DML) Mohamed Monney made his 100th appearance for the Casuals:

Season 75 - Are you ready?-pc-mohamed-monney-100.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Won lge game at home 2-1
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Rookie
    Day 5 report
    Lost my CL group match against strongest team of the tournament with just 0-1 in home, I appreciate my players for making difficult to score against us against such a strong team,
    I draw my league match by 1-1 in home,
    Today also my AMC got red and my DMC and MC injured so i showed them way of transfer market!!
    @arion i don't want to spend red pack on them,

Day 5 - Palace Casuals Champions League report.

Palace Casuals played an away Champions League Group match, and achieved the result the Management wanted, even if the method of achieving it and the score wasn't what he had in mind. Martin Kozak unleashed a 30-yard pile-driver in the 5th minute and then the defence and MoM 'keeper Adam Longrigg took over the stage and repelled all boarders...

Season 75 - Are you ready?-s31-champ-hl-round-2.jpgSeason 75 - Are you ready?-s31-champ-ms-round-2-.jpgSeason 75 - Are you ready?-s31-champ-pr-round-2.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 01-14-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    Arion, Wiesse, Gert Funck and 1 others like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Pro
    FC Knudde had a terrible start. Loosing 2 games in the league. I am a bottom feeder all of a sudden? What is going on? My whole team is 5-6-7 star with sa, haha. Ok 2 defenders are 4 star with wall SA, but loosing like this is uncommon to FC Knudde. CL and Cup matches have all been won with big numbers..... Strange. Bought myself a new DC/DR and trained him with wall SA to increase my defensive powers. Missed out on a good goalie (dead battery, boohoo).

FC Killroy also had a terrible start. Dominated 2 cup games again but after 2 games it was a tie. Of course didn't win the penalties. His goalie with penalty stopper stopped 3 penalties and a player of mine missed. 3 penalties of his and my goalie didn't even move. Won the CL games easily. Lost the first match in the league against a bottom feeder? Seriously. Oh well it happens. My 2 star players keep on shining, scoring solid 8's. First time however that they hardly did score. My MR who had an average of 0,6 goals per match (268 matches played) hasn't scored yet or provided an assist. My AML with an average of 0,7 goals per game has scored only once and had 3 assists so far. Gonna test to see how far they can make it. Don't want to replace them. My 4star AMR is at 0,7 goals also but my striker has an average of 1,1 goals per game. Love him. XX
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Won Champions League game at home 2-1

Escobar & Tebily setting each other up and I conceded from a corner.

At 23 CM Pitry has yet again had no contribution which is a shock considering he got over 10 goals last season.
    I even wasted greens to train him just so he could match opposition quality. (15 sp from 6* ) so far my only match winners are Tebily and Escobar on the wings.

Still, gotta look at the positives, won all but 1, drawn the game I didn't win and 3 points ahead in Champions League group.

Almost forgot. I played 4-2-2-2 hex vs 4-2n-2w-1-1 but defence was poorly rated so ambitiously tried 3w-5-2v without sub and weirdly everyone's ratings sorted themselves out.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-14-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    talisman, Arion, Wiesse and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    Reserves news

great league match

Attachment 60865Attachment 60862Attachment 60863Attachment 60864

old farts still works !

Quote Originally Posted by Wiesse View Post
    League round 2

We set the formation in the last 10 minutes before the start of the match to the ND. We came 1-0 ahead in the 15'. After that in the 23' and 27' we conceded 2 goals. Normal I had no trouble to play the ND against 3w-4-1-2 but today it was horrible. In the 45' Strootman got a red card. So the second half we played with ten players. We switched to 3-5-1 v style so that we covered the middle. It took a while before its gotta worked.
    I noticed to that I concede more goals against weaker teams than against strongers teams.

15' Ozil
    23' Kabanov
    27' Ettl

74' Sanchez assist Ozil
    76' Mertesacker
    79' Dokter
    83' Dokter

Moral of the story: Never ever ever rename your goalkeeper to "Petr Cech" in Season 75
    Last edited by Arion; 01-14-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    Wiesse, Gert Funck and Killroy like this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Atlético Kolkata Day 4 & 5 Report

We're back in track as we win 2-1 away and 1-0 home in league and 3-2 away in CL. On Day 4 on the away day Ahizi headed in a Baert corner to open the scoring in 31'.However they quickly equalised 3 minutes later from a corner. During the break I'd to put a lot of thought whether to attack or not, and I did that. With 20' remaining, the AM and the manager decided that if we wanna win the league, we mustn't leave any points. Hard attacking mode on. Arif Bircan intercepted a mistimed pass and scored from a breakaway right at the buzzer — a quantity of adrenalin equivalent to that of an ocean rushed through the blood of the entire team.

In the CL, John and Baert gave us a good start in 3' and 16' in a match where I couldn't attend (bad connection). But a foul by Claudio injured a player and saw him in the booking and led to a penalty conversion in the 22'. John once again striked in the 49', and the opponent again scored in the 57'. Luckily there were no more upsets (interestingly I hadn't put any bonus). The league also I couldn't attend, and we won this to thanks to Claudio, who netted the winner in the 76' (probably from a DFK). As we secure the first clean sheet of the season, new goalie Moreau finally had sent McElrean to the market, after a slump in the last 2 games as he saved 3 of 4. The league standings: Too early to predict, but since Atlético Kolkata is the only team with 3 green boxes, it gives me (a little) sense of relief about winning that copper (seems so) trophy.
    Last edited by Arion; 01-14-2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Quantity of adrenalin....
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast