View Poll Results: Which takes more managerial skill?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Getting your low rated players to overperform?

2 20.00%
  • Keeping your high-rated players in form?

5 50.00%
  • They are one and the same, results are all that matter.

3 30.00%
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By El Pistolero
  • 2 Post By kynan
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Which takes more managerial skill?

Which takes more managerial skill?

Well?
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Keeping your high rated players in form.

I believe when it comes down to it, fitness and physicality takes toll on lower rated players so may cost you bookings, fouls, loss of possession. Probably all the things you don't see in game.

Keeping a high quality player in a good run of form is achievable but rewarding. If I could power train a 4* over performing I'd still replace him.

Neither, the game is too random.

If you have a high quality team you get put against high quality teams too so there is no benefit. The Cup becomes impossible, plus the league becomes harder too.

Its irrelevant if you have 4 star players in your team, 6 star players or 9 star players as once the draws for the league/cup are made your team will be bunched up with teams of similar quality. Therefore form is what is important.

As a result, having a inform 4 star player is easier than having an inform 9 star player. Work, time, effort and tactics have to go into maintaining a high quality player, but anyone can have a 4 star player who hits loads against similar rated opposition.

The game is too flawed and limited that anyone who thinks they can tinker with formations, with players and with tactics and that it makes a blind bit of difference is deluded. The results are pre-determined before the games even start, with only slight different outcomes set up for changes that are made during the game. Anyone who thinks they are actually impacting the outcome of a game once it starts, other than very minutely, is stupid. Its random number generating against random number generating, meaning its irrelevant what tactic you play, its how the dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Neither, the game is too random.

The game is too flawed and limited that anyone who thinks they can tinker with formations, with players and with tactics and that it makes a blind bit of difference is deluded. The results are pre-determined before the games even start, with only slight different outcomes set up for changes that are made during the game. Anyone who thinks they are actually impacting the outcome of a game once it starts, other than very minutely, is stupid. Its random number generating against random number generating, meaning its irrelevant what tactic you play, its how the dice roll.
    So by that logic, overtraining players is loading dice which is cheating. I don't agree with your predetermined outcome. I would attribute in-game changes to be a big part of winning close games. Is maintaining ultra high rated players' forms that difficult though? You'd have to play them out of position or encounter a direct counter formation for them to rate lower than 7. I don't think you're wrong in your belief that stronger players give you higher dicerolls to win. The point of the game is to do so, I'd just prefer to go about it without outlying variables being a strong factor in my success aka having a football demigod on my squad. you can't tell me that in a game like football that having one player that is 10% stronger than any other player on the pitch isn't more of an advantage then the opponent having a 2% advantage over the rest of his team.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Considering that most of the forum members are active players and from my experience playing twice so far with teams that use only the sources of the game
    anyone good/descent player can build a team of 5* (maybe not all but the squad of 11).
    So, you 're not talking here about a team of 3*-4* players right ?
    So, for me a good manager is someone who can build a 5* team with few sources and win the league and CH.L.
    Cup it's another story.
    Considering that now the leagues have many good teams, many of them with 6* (or more) players and CH.L. always had runners with 6* players,
    I think no1 is my choice.
    But also the manager who has a 7* (or more) team, has the "burden" of success. He "must" win tittles or else it's a fail so it's also a kind of different ability too.
    legendqueen likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Keeping your high rated players in form.

I believe when it comes down to it, fitness and physicality takes toll on lower rated players so may cost you bookings, fouls, loss of possession. Probably all the things you don't see in game.

Keeping a high quality player in a good run of form is achievable but rewarding. If I could power train a 4* over performing I'd still replace him.
    agree...so far... i only have 2 conceded from the CUP VS LV14 in the first leg...after then... until this morning... i played 2 leg CUP... 2 CL...and 4 league...and 0 conceded....today, i have a CL in the morning...and 2 league in afternoon and night (don't know why.... only have CL and league still have 3 match per day...kidding?) so... in the CL...i use all my 3,4,5 stars....only have 3 first team players (one Amc, one MC and DC) in the staring team~ and... within 10 min...i got an conceded ...well...even my AML and AMC get 2 score right away...my defense lose another goal again....an until 70min... still 2:2.... so, i have to sub in my AMR, MC and ST ... and right away...AMR assist the ST to score one...and finally won 3:2... so...surely keep the high rate player (all my AMR,AML, AMC, MC and ST are all at least rate 8 except in the losing game with the LV14~)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    agree...so far... i only have 2 conceded from the CUP VS LV14 in the first leg...after then... until this morning... i played 2 leg CUP... 2 CL...and 4 league...and 0 conceded....today, i have a CL in the morning...and 2 league in afternoon and night (don't know why.... only have CL and league still have 3 match per day...kidding?) so... in the CL...i use all my 3,4,5 stars....only have 3 first team players (one Amc, one MC and DC) in the staring team~ and... within 10 min...i got an conceded ...well...even my AML and AMC get 2 score right away...my defense lose another goal again....an until 70min... still 2:2.... so, i have to sub in my AMR, MC and ST ... and right away...AMR assist the ST to score one...and finally won 3:2... so...surely keep the high rate player (all my AMR,AML, AMC, MC and ST are all at least rate 8 except in the losing game with the LV14~)
    I understand. So say you have a 3* team and you play another team who only has 3* you will have 1, 2 maybe 3 players who will do well. Then you play against a 5* team. Those high performers won make any difference. Because the 5* team will have better defence, attack and physical.

To figure out tactics for the team. Once you've done that with respective to formation, it's pretty safe to say you're a master.

Oh it's a poll. Sorry. Was watching it from Tapatalk....
    Last edited by Arion; 01-20-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.