Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I think I know what's going on

Maybe this is a good time to ask what you guys mean by tanking. I have an idea, but want to ask the pros. My guess is tanking = playing to lose, making sure you don't finish in top 7 in the league. This will ensure your level will not increase next season. Is that it? I'm just not clear on what that gets you. Will you players star rating not go down next season if that happens?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    right,
    but go for the 9th position.
    Many times the game promotes from the 8th pos., to fill some leagues.
    Arion likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Maybe this is a good time to ask what you guys mean by tanking. I have an idea, but want to ask the pros. My guess is tanking = playing to lose, making sure you don't finish in top 7 in the league. This will ensure your level will not increase next season. Is that it? I'm just not clear on what that gets you. Will you players star rating not go down next season if that happens?
    You're right.
    I repeated one season on purpose , I repented. I could play at the highest level now :/

I think the two best things about this game is to enjoy playing and to understand how it works.
    This is a simple game, which must run in some thousands devices (pc,tablet,smartphones) at the same time, from different servers and connections.
    So, of course it's not flawless. But it's important to recognize the weak points of it and just live with it.
    I think it's impossible for the company to watch and react in a different way to players who buy/spending (or not) tokens/sources.
    The roll dice has a big part in the game. People who buy token, complaining for their results, people who don't buy token, the same.
    My experience, playing with my main team in different periods (buying, farming, not spending), as with my other teams, with different accounts
    is that anything can happen to any team.
    I 'm just trying to find the "stream" and swim with the flow. Sometimes, I get tired or pissed-off and I take a break (tanking/staying or taking a club from the beginning - from my other accounts).
    After all, it's only a game (and at the moment, it's the one which have the most complete pack).

* I posted this in another thread which has a similar subject
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-30-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Duncton and Bunzo like this.

There's no difference between my hot and cold streaks, since I never buy anything with ₹₹₹. Yes, Nordeus does troll sometimes, and this trolling is only elementary to me. I'd been winless for 6 games straight (pretty embarrassing since we're an extremely consistent team), then WLW and now back in track. I was 6 points ahead in league. Now 4 points behind.
    Last edited by Arion; 01-30-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Power View Post
    can i ask mate which are the correct arrows for say 4-5-1v dmc blue n the wingers red?,ive an awesome striker but scores more when i play him in his other position amc,its the midfielders who seem to be getting the goals n forwards the assists,well to me anyway
    *facepalm*. Figure it out. But I advise you to keep the arrows symmetrical. And don't keep any arrows on the 2 DC and ST, it is not worth that.
    But an attacking boost will be red arrows on DL and DR. My DR has 6 goals this season and is my 3rd highest scorer.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    I have heard the advice not to change the formation too frequently.
    I have no idea where you got that from, I almost never play two games in a row with the same formation, I would if it was suitable for the opponents formation, every time I change the formation/tactics/players depending on the next match, and currently I am on top of the league and playing cup semi-final tomorrow, with only 1 loss in the league and a couple of draws in the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie
    That's why I play it like a just game,
    I'm agree with Nik's last comment that's true

I've been playing Top Eleven for over two years now, which is a long way ahead record for a FB game for me, so something about it is keeping me playing long after other on-line games have outlasted my interest in them.

As Nik says, you have to understand how it works, and take the occasional Troll game as something that you will encounter and you can't do anything about it - once the game engine decides you're going to lose this critical game against the bottom team in the League, that's it...

It's got to the stage now where I can tell, 90% of the time, in the first 10-15 minutes of the match I'm not going to get the result I want. Their defence is too over the top in blocking/intercepting/tackling, the previously deadly goal scorers are firing into row Z, my defenders who are picking up yellow cards for the most innocuous challenges and the opposing players are kicking lumps out and just getting warnings, the previously absent opposition player who suddenly shoots from 30 yards and scores - that's it. Sometimes I can be wrong and the team suddenly goes back to status quo and pulls the match out of the bag, but that's a rarity in those types of match.

One thing you can't do is take that sort of result personally - my main reaction to the OTT vent threads about adverse results is 'ho-hum, so what? Get over it and deal with the next match'.

The other thing that is perplexing to me even after all this time, and is more pertinent to the subject of this thread, is the unexplained loss of form for a run of matches, and the subsequent return to 'normal'. Ponzu has suggested that it coincided with a reduction/ceasing in spending tokens. To a certain extent, I agree with the suggestion. I've found that spending 10T on morale boosters has done the trick, or buying an auction player, or even a Scout player - on a couple of occasions there's been nothing I've done has resolved the issue - witness Palace Casuals' 'three seasons of hell' recently (although one thing that I did that possibly ended the crisis in the third season was to re-sign all the players whose contract would expire at the season end). I'm trying to work up the courage to experiment with a season where I don't renew contracts until later in the last season (as I had been prior to the 'hell') just to see what happens...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I have heard the advice not to change the formation too frequently.
    if I wrote that, I was meaning during game time, not season.

I have no idea where you got that from, I almost never play two games in a row with the same formation, I would if it was suitable for the opponents formation, every time I change the formation/tactics/players depending on the next match
    agree
    It's got to the stage now where I can tell, 90% of the time, in the first 10-15 minutes of the match I'm not going to get the result I want
    yes, after some time, the manager has an instinct.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123