Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Crushed by an assymetric formation!

Rather than starting a new thread... I have one more of these skewed formation challenges coming up. 3W-3N-1AMR-3N. He wins a lot like this. Last match he won 3:0 against the 1st place team and guess who scored two? The sneaky AMR. The AMR is his leading scorer and highest rated. The last time he lost was to a crazy 4-2WDM-2N-1-1. Clearly, it's all about containing the AMR, but I don't own a DML, and only one DMC at that.

I was thinking 4-5-1V with normal, down both flanks, man-to-man, up arrows on all four wingers, down arrow on DMC and perhaps move him over to the left of the three DMC slots (or does it even make a difference?). Or maybe even defensive with counters.

You will lose 2-1 because you don't have a dml.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I am tempted to try it just to see how good you are.

I can have a DL or a DMC play DML with a yellow warning, but it feels so weird to have to counter every crazy formation with an exact mirror. When I brought up the initial asymmetric formation at the top of this tread that kicked my ass, you said I had wrong orders, like I should have been marking man-to-man, not that I had to match his out-of-position players. I know you feel strongly about AMC (and apparently, AMR) not being countered with a DM. I just wonder.
    Last edited by ponzu; 02-16-2016 at 05:01 AM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Lol, let's hope you make the right choices whatever it may be. I'm still feeling a 2-1 loss are you at home or away? Also, I said that you needed to use man-to-man marking in that previous game, nice to know my contributions are so valuable to you :P. You could play your DL in an DML position or you could play a left side dmc, but I can't see you adjusting properly just yet. You still ask too many questions and don't solve enough problems on your own. Better than being an arrogant know-it-all like me i suppose but still....
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Of course, man-to-man. Zonal is just easier to type

Playing away. You did not ask about Q differential. I have a slight edge, 12%. Maybe not slight, can;t get used to %%.

I ask too many questions because there is no wiki. There are just guys like you with strong opinions. And the opinions are contradictory and mutually exclusive. Some say formations don't matter. I want them to matter, but I want it to be reasonable. Not like "have a DML and win, don't have a DML and lose".

One other guy beat him 2:1 with an offensive 3N-4-1-2. No DML, no DM of any kind. What if the guys who say formation does not matter are actually right? Your world will crumble.

But yes, he has won more than he lost. He and I are tied for 2nd.

We shall see.
    Last edited by ponzu; 02-16-2016 at 05:12 AM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

i rather play my best player in their best posotion. dont change or worry but your formation to much stick with the best let your opp worry bout you.
    i dont really rely on what formation my opp play i stick with my best formation 451v every game and change only when needed in match i watch. if you watch your game you know when and how to change it (you formation, player or order). it wont gurentee sucess bt at least you try sometime you win sometime you lose. that is how i enjoy my game in the end i have only myself to blame if i lose and enjoy the moment if i win.

he may have had a down arrow on his ML, also 3n412 is an offensive formation that works best at home with possession bonus. i acknowledge that this game has many variables,it's not as simple as no dml no win as there are many factors to consider. His squad could have had a multi-match day and been tired, his opponent could have been at home, his opponent could have used a max win bonus, his opponent could have been on a good run of form, etc. none of which I can tell for sure by your posts, without hard information that good managers use to make inferences with, you force us to speculate and simplify our advice then you ask for clarity without providing us with more info much of the time making this whole experience increasingly frustrating.
    I don't care about your individual results, i care that you think about all the variables that go into it. You have isolated that his AMR is a threat and instead of making a choice yourself, you throw it to us to answer it for you. Manage your own team, nobody has access to the information you do, you may win you may lose, but at least you will have done it on your own and will have no one to thank but yourself. I'm done taking your advice fishing seriously. Life has no wiki and neither does football. If there was it would be different for everybody.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

"Life has no wiki". We have to put that somewhere as a motto. But where so that everyone would see it? A wiki would be a perfect place

how terribly ironic
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Dreamer
    Yeah, the best way to counter a strong amc is to sandwich it with DMLR pair. People have been talking about it all the time.

Alternatively if you can't you may use red arrows on your DLR pair, or MLR pair with blue arrows, it's not so hard of a counter but it should suppress the opponent's AMC enough.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast