Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: my thoughts on the new desktop version

my thoughts on the new desktop version

OK, lets get one thing straight: I hate to admit it but I like this new version for a few reasons.

1) Training. I like it. I really like it. Its like a game within a game and the training actually makes sense now.
    2) the look. You cannot say that it does not look better. It actually does not look like a cheapass DOS game anymore.
    3) Gifting is much easier now. end of.
    4) everything is a bit easier now.
    5) it loads much faster when it disconnects and faster overall.

What I dont like about it is the removal of being able to assign skill points, but at the end of the day, this was about being able to tank and assign SP to the categories that I wanted to make a better player. Apparently you can do that with the new training, so this old assigning of skill points argument might be rendered moot. I will take a season to see how this affects my players and results.

Also I can still intentionally lose a game it seems. That is good as I believe I will still be able to tank to save on tokens and packs.

I play with 5 accounts. I had a bitch of a time finding 5 browsers that support Unity so I could have them all open at the same time and not have to deal with passwords and changing accounts etc.

Opera, Firefox, Avant, Vivaldi and Yandex all work. Waterfox does too but you cant have Firefox and Waterfox open at same time.
    Apparently MS Edge does support it when you upgrade to Win 10, but I have not yet tried.

I have still not bought or sold any players and cannot comment on the system as it is. I do have to say that I am a bit upset and not being able to see the team of the manager I want to buy a player through negotiations. I used to use that to be able to judge how many tokens to offer and whether or not my offer had a good chance to be accepted. I did not make offers for players where the manager only had one player for a specific position because the odds of getting him were zero to none if you didnt offer 20 tokens. Nordeus needs to add this back to the game.

Overall, I have to grudgingly admit that I like the new version. I went in kicking and screaming and have decided to delay quitting....for at least a season.
    Bunzo, Duncton, talisman and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Apparently MS Edge does support it when you upgrade to Win 10, but I have not yet tried.
    Unfortunately MS Edge does not. I got a 'Please Update Your Browser' message - as I've just upgraded to W10 Pro (it was free, y'know) I do have the latest version...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    everything is a bit easier now.
    disagree with that. I spend double the time with so much scrolling.

I play with 5 accounts
    I play with 3 accounts, with opera, chrome, firefox and if I have them all active, my lap top is boiling.
    Gert Funck and TuninGGamer like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    disagree with that. I spend double the time with so much scrolling.
    I play with 3 accounts, with opera, chrome, firefox and if I have them all active, my lap top is boiling.
    get a better laptop. I have i7 64bit with 8GB RAM. 6 browsers open at all times with excel and skype. not as fast as i want but i survive.

still a bit of scrolling but if thats the worst of your issues, then you dont have much to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    get a better laptop. I have i7 64bit with 8GB RAM. 6 browsers open at all times with excel and skype. not as fast as i want but i survive.

still a bit of scrolling but if thats the worst of your issues, then you dont have much to complain about.
    Well, the thing is, a person would not be willing to shell out about ₹40,000-50,000 (£400-500) for what is an online game.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Well, the thing is, a person would not be willing to shell out about ₹40,000-50,000 (£400-500) for what is an online game.
    i won't spend money, i just enjoy the game, if the game goes worse~ i quit~(and maybe very soon because the new training system force to use tons of green packs, if not using, team lost the matches....it cost at least 50 green packs before each matches...this is stupid move!)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I have a i5, 64 bit, with 4GB RAM and nvidia 1GB graphic card.
    Buying something more powerful for a fb game ?
    LOL
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I have a i5, 64 bit, with 4GB RAM and nvidia 1GB graphic card.
    Buying something more powerful for a fb game ?
    LOL
    I am an IT Consultant. I need a fast computer for work. Doesnt hurt to use it for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    i won't spend money, i just enjoy the game, if the game goes worse~ i quit~(and maybe very soon because the new training system force to use tons of green packs, if not using, team lost the matches....it cost at least 50 green packs before each matches...this is stupid move!)
    I think I have spent 3 greens in the new training in 4 days with 5 accounts. if you time things properly, you dont have to use greens in training. I really only use greens in between games on the same day, and then only if I cant use my other players.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Unfortunately MS Edge does not. I got a 'Please Update Your Browser' message - as I've just upgraded to W10 Pro (it was free, y'know) I do have the latest version...
    Seconded, I'm running Edge in Win10 and the game defaults to the old version.
    I pointed this out somewhere else and all I was told was "Update Edge"
    Now I'm not sure if the Nordeus guys are aware of this, but by and large Win 10 updates everything automatically overnight, which is a pain in the butt when you are downloading a freaking huge file and your PC restarts

I have 2 teams, one is playing in FireFox in the new version, one is playing in Edge in the old, I'll be darned if I download another browser just to allow me to play both in the new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast