Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: my thoughts on the new desktop version

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I think I have spent 3 greens in the new training in 4 days with 5 accounts. if you time things properly, you dont have to use greens in training. I really only use greens in between games on the same day, and then only if I cant use my other players.
    well... if you do the very light training... than you don't need green pack.... but even the problem is everytime i did that, i lost the next match....i lost 2 league even my team is the better Q like Q 68 vs Q59 -60.... and both lost 3:1 ..... but when i just a very hard training (use more than 50 green pack) ... i won the match ... in the CUP, i won 6:0 facing LV 10..(i am LV 9) with the same Q, 7 stars as my team~

and also, the 3 hr recover rate for 6% is still too too too low~~ i just did 5 drill in one training ...already take 12%.... and that need 6 hrs.... and if i have 3 matches a day.... how can it works??? (as i said i did the light training...just 2-3 easy drill in one training( and need two section for better preparation)..and i lost all the following games...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndster View Post
    Seconded, I'm running Edge in Win10 and the game defaults to the old version.
    I pointed this out somewhere else and all I was told was "Update Edge"
    Now I'm not sure if the Nordeus guys are aware of this, but by and large Win 10 updates everything automatically overnight, which is a pain in the butt when you are downloading a freaking huge file and your PC restarts

I have 2 teams, one is playing in FireFox in the new version, one is playing in Edge in the old, I'll be darned if I download another browser just to allow me to play both in the new.
    All they have to do is stop providing the flash version and your account playing on the old system will fail to work. you will be forced to use the new version at some point in the near future, so might as well prepare for it. I did it, kicking and screaming, but I did it. so can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    well... if you do the very light training... than you don't need green pack.... but even the problem is everytime i did that, i lost the next match....i lost 2 league even my team is the better Q like Q 68 vs Q59 -60.... and both lost 3:1 ..... but when i just a very hard training (use more than 50 green pack) ... i won the match ... in the CUP, i won 6:0 facing LV 10..(i am LV 9) with the same Q, 7 stars as my team~

and also, the 3 hr recover rate for 6% is still too too too low~~ i just did 5 drill in one training ...already take 12%.... and that need 6 hrs.... and if i have 3 matches a day.... how can it works??? (as i said i did the light training...just 2-3 easy drill in one training( and need two section for better preparation)..and i lost all the following games...)
    HUH??? training has nothing to do with game results in the way you mention.

I do heavy training every day. without using greens. After my last game of the day, I calculate how much condition I will get before the next game and train my players down to that condition. If I have 6 condition bonuses of 6% every 3 hours, that is 36%. I have to make sure my guys are at 63% condition so I dont waste any of the condition bonus and have to waste greens. 36% from my guys sitting at 99% is a lot of heavy training. even after the last game my lowest guys are sitting around 72%, so thats still a good training session.

You really need to learn how to train.
    John Martini and Duncton like this.

Famous
    OK, lets get one thing straight: I hate to admit it but I like this new version for a few reasons.

1) Training. I like it. I really like it. Its like a game within a game and the training actually makes sense now.
    2) the look. You cannot say that it does not look better. It actually does not look like a cheapass DOS game anymore.
    3) Gifting is much easier now. end of.
    4) everything is a bit easier now.
    5) it loads much faster when it disconnects and faster overall.

What I dont like about it is the removal of being able to assign skill points, but at the end of the day, this was about being able to tank and assign SP to the categories that I wanted to make a better player. Apparently you can do that with the new training, so this old assigning of skill points argument might be rendered moot. I will take a season to see how this affects my players and results.

Also I can still intentionally lose a game it seems. That is good as I believe I will still be able to tank to save on tokens and packs.

I play with 5 accounts. I had a bitch of a time finding 5 browsers that support Unity so I could have them all open at the same time and not have to deal with passwords and changing accounts etc.

Opera, Firefox, Avant, Vivaldi and Yandex all work. Waterfox does too but you cant have Firefox and Waterfox open at same time.
    Apparently MS Edge does support it when you upgrade to Win 10, but I have not yet tried.

I have still not bought or sold any players and cannot comment on the system as it is. I do have to say that I am a bit upset and not being able to see the team of the manager I want to buy a player through negotiations. I used to use that to be able to judge how many tokens to offer and whether or not my offer had a good chance to be accepted. I did not make offers for players where the manager only had one player for a specific position because the odds of getting him were zero to none if you didnt offer 20 tokens. Nordeus needs to add this back to the game.

Overall, I have to grudgingly admit that I like the new version. I went in kicking and screaming and have decided to delay quitting....for at least a season.
    I have quite different opinions to the new game.

I like old simple training. I like spending less time on training. Manual control sp is special feature and it encourage me understanding more about qualities of my players. New training may not be bad but it's not my taste.

I am neutral to style of the new look, but don't like its design. Generally, too much scrolling is required. The new manual always show less information than the previous version e.g. live match ratings of 2 teams cannot be shown in one screen. More clicks are required. There are also more levels of menus. I often need more clicks to move deep to find data I want. The value of condition, quality are not directly shown in many menus, but with color bars. I need to move to another menus to view and directly view individual player profile to get these information. Displaying qualities in percentages may not be bad but I don't like this as old user who is familiar with quality values.

With my old, 2G RAM PC with slow connection, the game is simply too slow and need all computer resources to run it.

In my PC, the game can run in Chrome, but not in Firefox. I cannot install any more browser. So now I solely manage 1 team with old version, and I use old version and new version (generally for some training only) for another team.

I don't use much new system to buy & sell players. But lack of filtering make me hard to find players I need. Moreover, in new system, I am still not sure when my players will add a new star. And some of my players were suddenly added a new star and lost their marketability.

There are other areas I don't like. I cannot list them all. But at this moment, I just feel prohibit me to train a players with in auction or with a pending nego offer is not reasonable, though I know why they set this limit.
    TuninGGamer likes this.

HUH??? training has nothing to do with game results in the way you mention.

I do heavy training every day. without using greens. After my last game of the day, I calculate how much condition I will get before the next game and train my players down to that condition. If I have 6 condition bonuses of 6% every 3 hours, that is 36%. I have to make sure my guys are at 63% condition so I dont waste any of the condition bonus and have to waste greens. 36% from my guys sitting at 99% is a lot of heavy training. even after the last game my lowest guys are sitting around 72%, so thats still a good training session.

You really need to learn how to train.
    That, is precisely the system I use, and I like the new training system because I can pretty much guarantee to train someone down to the point where they will be fully fit next match. Previously, it was rather hit and miss and if you were down to 60% with your game in 24 hours you either had to drop to 57% or less, or waste that last 1% - yes I am that tight in training.
    The downsides are:
    Doing so means you sometimes miss out on the bonuses, but I'm not going to boost lots of players just to get the bonus.
    I sometimes have to train defenders in more "attack" skills than I normally would, and attackers in more "defence" skills, only time will tell if this is an improvement.
    I'm keeping an eye on the team to see how it works out.
    Last edited by Gwyndster; 02-16-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    Duncton likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    disagree with that. I spend double the time with so much scrolling.
    Thats so true .... I hate scrolling on desktop ...

which brings me to my next points:

1) the transfer list filter is gone. I did use that alot as it saves time searching for players. They need to add that.
    2) comparison button only compares the guy you see with your best guy at that position??? I was looking at a DR/DMR and wanted to compare him to my DR/DMR but it kept bring up my DC/DR who is my best defender. That needs to be addressed because otherwise it is a waste.
    3) I STILL hate this % crap. Still trying to work on that spreadsheet.
    cookizzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Tröszter View Post
    O boo hoo hoo. really? scrolling is your biggest beef?

If you don't have a mouse with a scroll wheel or are still using a laptop touchpad.....
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Tröszter View Post
    i think the scrolling is the last issue of this update, there are so many problems with it, it's total crap
    Arion likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12