Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Anyone figured out training regime yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncton View Post
    I don't train my bench apart from my main team, I just look at condition. I even train my GK's with the rest of the team, although I'm still not sure if that's wise.
    It is wise. Pass go shoot, for example, also improves anticipation, a GK attribute.
    Duncton likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Anyone know what are the best drills for the main training? I train all my players with two attacking drills, two defence drills and one physical? And is it better to go for one hard training or 3 easy?
    Bosna Sarajevo
    -Football club-

Since: 13.12.2015 (my new club)

Level: 40
    Stadium: Memidžan
    Supporters group: Ljiljani
    -Successes-

League won: 10
    League runner-up: 2
    Champions League won: 1
    Champions League runner-up: 2
    Super League won: 1
    Super League runner-up: 1
    Super Cup won: 0
    Cup won: 1
    Cup runner-up: 0

Updated: 26.4.2019

No real difference as long as you aren't duplicating drills on players more than twice daily. some combinations are better than others.
    Arion likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I would not overestimate the meta-impacts of various drills (like order, combination...etc) - it is still very likely that what only counts is the figures - meaning that utilizing this "fancy-named" drill just adds to such and such combination of skills in respective amount of % in exchange of this % of condition. Contrarily to the real world I am not sure it really matters whether you finish with the warm-up - in my opinion it is just calculation, no metaphysics.
    Consequently, it is now much harder to customize the team - if that used to have any impact whatsoever...
    Duncton likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Anyone know what are the best drills for the main training? I train all my players with two attacking drills, two defence drills and one physical? And is it better to go for one hard training or 3 easy?
    That's another reason I have 3 different sessions:
    2 att + 2 def + 1 phys
    2 att + 1 def + 2 phys
    1 att + 2 def + 2 phys

Although I didn't look at intensity, so I might still be overtraining certain aspects. I'm all for balance.

One of my perfect sessions is easy - easy - easy - hard - very easy. Build up, balance intensity and don't make your sessions too hard. Your players won't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    It is wise. Pass go shoot, for example, also improves anticipation, a GK attribute.
    True. But if I throw GK training in as well, it would be wasting condition of my field players (or wouldn't it? Will they still gain progress towards their next skill? That's one question I really like to have an answer to.). I have considered training them in normal drills with the rest of the team for half of their condition, then train them seperately in GK training for the other half. But that feels like a lot of work.
    HoofDaddy likes this.

@Duncton I feel it will waste the condition of outfield players, since their skills aren't trained.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

Dreamer
    So how do you do it? Do you train your GK's in GK training apart from the team? Or do you just take your losses?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncton View Post
    So how do you do it? Do you train your GK's in GK training apart from the team? Or do you just take your losses?
    Earlier I used to train GKs and the others separately, but now I rarely use GK training much.

Famous
    I think you are worrying too much about things that are rather trivial. Each drill tells you what skill they are going to improve. It's just maths, not sport. I do not pay any attention to their names. There is no problem putting warm-up at the end, in the middle or at the beginning. The thing is you are just going to progress in the skills included in the warm-up drill. And the name is just a joke. They could call it "baking a pizza" it would be the same thing and improve fitness, aggression, heading and reflexes.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 02-22-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Lol, perhaps but I try to play sims with elements of realism.
    Arion likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast