Thread: Weird formation. How to beat this?

Addicted

Weird formation. How to beat this?

hey guys.
    I am playing a team that has players that are not as good as mine. I am playing at home. This is the formation he uses

Weird formation. How to beat this?-eottoke.jpg

In our first game, I used 4-4-1-1 and i had 67% possession but the game ended 0-0. Now I want to try some other formation but i have no idea what could work. Anybody got any tips?

I am thinking about using this formation:

DR-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC
    AMR-AMC-AML
    ST

If you had gone to the right forum, you would perhaps have seen July suggest 4-4-2 flat.

http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-what-use.html
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    hey guys.
    I am playing a team that has players that are not as good as mine. I am playing at home. This is the formation he uses

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eottoke.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	3530

In our first game, I used 4-4-1-1 and i had 67% possession but the game ended 0-0. Now I want to try some other formation but i have no idea what could work. Anybody got any tips?

I am thinking about using this formation:

DR-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC
    AMR-AMC-AML
    ST
    the fact that the 1st leg wasn't so good doesn't mean that the problem was the formation. maybe it was just an unlucky result. for my cup 1st leg i had a home 1-1 but i played well and i was confident that my formation was the proper. anyway we both played exactly the same formations and i won 2nd leg 4-1 away. the formation you used 1st leg wasn't bad. what you are planing to play i believe is better. i can also suggest 3dc-mdl-mdr-2mc-aml-amr-st. whatever you decide to play focus passing flanks, mixed passing, full pitch, offside trap. red arrows to all your side players and mentality if you are much better hard attacking but if you are worst or the same then normal
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    If you had gone to the right forum, you would perhaps have seen July suggest 4-4-2 flat.

http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-what-use.html
    i actually checked that thread but couldnt find this tactic, hence using a 4-4-1-1 and creating this thread

any idea what to use for the passing? should it be down the flanks? short/mixed?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    the fact that the 1st leg wasn't so good doesn't mean that the problem was the formation. maybe it was just an unlucky result. for my cup 1st leg i had a home 1-1 but i played well and i was confident that my formation was the proper. anyway we both played exactly the same formations and i won 2nd leg 4-1 away. the formation you used 1st leg wasn't bad. what you are planing to play i believe is better. i can also suggest 3dc-mdl-mdr-2mc-aml-amr-st. whatever you decide to play focus passing flanks, mixed passing, full pitch, offside trap. red arrows to all your side players and mentality if you are much better hard attacking but if you are worst or the same then normal
    thanks for the info! unfortunately i dont have any who can plan as wingbacks (MDL/MDR).
    i am always scared to use offside trap against two attackers. will it still work?

thanks for the info! unfortunately i dont have any who can plan as wingbacks (MDL/MDR).
    i am always scared to use offside trap against two attackers. will it still work?
    then play the formation you had in mind. definitely passing through the flanks. i don't use offside trap when there are amc's otherwise i use it always no matter how many attckers the opponent has
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

i actually checked that thread but couldnt find this tactic, hence using a 4-4-1-1 and creating this thread

any idea what to use for the passing? should it be down the flanks? short/mixed?
    It's there under 3N-2DML/DMR-3N-2.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3