Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Market sad story

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    There you go. Maybe he was going for that achievement and you screwed him out of it by just 7 rounds.
    yeap.
    don't you hate those guys

Market sad story-stubborn-fail.jpg
    Arion and Cat Harrison like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Generally speaking, if a player has

1. Several 5* players this early in the season
    2. Large amounts of cash
    3. Impressive trophy case (only can be seen on old version).

If the above is present, You're at risk for bidding against a token buyer.

And as a token buyer, I know before bidding for a player, which players I can run out of tokens and what ones can hang around for awhile if I want a player.

So if going into a bidding war w/o several 5* players this early in the season, you're probably not going to be scaring other managers off...
    Bro i am that "Several 5* players this early in the season. I ended last season with six 6* players and five 5* players. He could also supose that i was a token buyer (which im not). I builded last season team with 25 tokens I spent no tokens during the whole season just so that i could rebuild another 6* star team about mid-season. Unfortunatly.. whatever Despite what you all might think this dont affect me that much o.o
    mani8005 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    You buy tokens? If not, serves you right
    Y U NO STOP BIDDING? 1T in TE is as precious as a drop of petrol. I losing 5T in auction see it as a work of idiot... Today 5T wasted on bidding on a player, while for 3T I got two similar players
    Last season I ended with a 5,9* team. I only spent 25 tokens building it (only bought 9 players). No, i dont buy tokens but I was quite curious to find out how many tokens could he spend after buying all that team

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Rule one of Top11: Avoid token wars ! This is not going to harm your manhood whatsoever !
    To be honest, i was actually thinking in that "manhood whatsoever" thing when i was passing my usual token limit (which is round 8/9), but as i said before, i was curious about the amount of tokens that a buyer could spend on a single player

Rookie
    Thought you had left....

Quote Originally Posted by Joao Nuno Pedro View Post
    Last season I ended with a 5,9* team. I only spent 25 tokens building it (only bought 9 players). No, i dont buy tokens but I was quite curious to find out how many tokens could he spend after buying all that team
    Even then, it serves you right
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I don't understand other thing;
    If manager has many tokens, then why he starts token war at all? Better solution is to make a offer through negotiations, you can buy fantastic players for under 20 tokens which is waay better than 40+ on token war. Besides that, if owner doesn't accept your bid, you get ALL of your tokens back!
    Remind yourself what happens with tokens when you lose auction....
    Ex top eleven player

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Because most of the players aren't active (at least daily) and you want to build your team fast for the Cup game ?
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Because most of the players aren't active (at least daily) and you want to build your team fast for the Cup game ?
    Still didn't prove as successful method for me right now.
    My team Dnipro is out of the cup already.
    1st match at home, both managers present
    my full 4* squad has lead 3-0 in 55', but opponent scores in 88' for 3-2. Before 2nd match I've bought completly new 5* defence, 5* GK, few 5* mildfielders and put back in 1st team 5* AMC-ST
    2nd match away
    Opponent's manager isn't present, I am, he has only 1 new player in the squad, weak 5* MC while I have more than a 1/2 of the team improved to 5* players.
    Result: My team suffered defeat, result 4-1

Does early strenghtening really pays off? I'm not sure anymore.
    mani8005 and Cat Harrison like this.
    Ex top eleven player

Too many people spending too much tokens are the reason why Nordeus are lazy when it comes to fixing ****.
    As long as they get enough clowns willing to spend £5 on a player they will do nothing to improve the game.
    It's like Madbid.com, 1 loser wins and many losers pay for losing, only one real winner Nordeus.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast