Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: First half/Second half when to attack/defend.

First half/Second half when to attack/defend.

Hi everyone,
    While watching a live match,we must understand how to manage play into parts.

1st part( 0-30 mins )🕙
    This is consider as most unpredictable and careless time.Anything can happen in any moment.We must not worry much in this period of time.It is better to take risk during this quater of time.But we must not give any free kick during this time.

Recommended mentality: Attacking
    Pressing recommended: high
    Passes recommended: Long or mixed
    Tackling style: Easy

Tips: Keep on changing mentality from attacking to hard attacking if you want to dominate opponent.

2nd part (30-45 mins)🕥
    This is most important time which can decide morale of team as well as coach for next half.Many players likely want to attack and take lead before other half.This can be treated useless if opponent manage to take lead during this time.This is actually critical time which is base for second half period.So playing normaly or defending is mostly recommended by me.

Recommended mentality: Normal or defending
    Recommended pressing: Low
    Recommended passing: Mixed
    Tackling style: Easy

Tips: Never force counter attacking during this time.

3rd part(45-75 mins)🕥
    This time is perfect for showing defending skills and stop opponent from scoring goals.To be attacking during this time may be for the reason of chasing big opponent goals lead.If you get lead during start of second half then no need of attacking.It depend upon situation and quality to score under pressure.Defensive counter attacks work best in this quater of time.Short passes gives you possesion and chances.

Recommended mentality: Defensive.
    Recommended pressing: Low
    Recommended passing: Short
    Tackling style: normal

Tips: Counter attacks works best at this time.

4th part(75-90)🕥
    This is most crucial time.You can try all types of odds during this period.The hard attacking is used for chasing big opponent lead,but hard defending is used to maintain few goals lead.Hard tackles and high press is used if we want to chase big leads.Defending lead may restrict you to short passes as well as low tackles.This depend on situation and agression actually.

Recommended mentality: Hard attacking for scoring and Hard defending for defending lead.
    Recommended pressing: High for attacking and low for defending.
    Recommended passes: Long for attcking and short for defending.
    Tackling style: Easy mostly.

Tips: Don't change formation during this time and play wisely.

Last part(Extra time 90-120 mins)🕥
    Very unpredictable time.Team may like to attack during this time or utilize counter attacks if opponent switch to attacking.This is time to show patience and ability.

Recommended mentality: Hard defending
    Recommended pressing: low
    Recommended passing: Normal
    Tackling style: low

Tips: Counter attacks must be on and opponent must be observed carefully if he change formation.

Credits-Self
    Edition-Latest browser update.
    All positive comments are welcomed
    Last edited by Abhinavsharma; 03-12-2016 at 06:29 PM.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I don't agree.
    I suggest the opposite -lol

If oppo playing def/counter, your attackers crushing into his defenders and strikes back with counters, game is over (or at least it would be very difficult to reverse a bad score).
    First defending
    - see the formation (maybe he changed it before the game)
    - see if he is present or not
    - see the ball possession of the game
    - see the first rates of the players
    - number of shots
    then (after 30' ) decide what next
    Arion and Bunzo like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I'm gonna start with the very end and tell you that all feedback is good no matter if is good or bad.

I saw you tried to gave a real life explanation but isn't really like this, depends a lot on your opponents but going on your tutorial is risky to start. If you have 2 very good team, you will see that they don't jump and they don't risk to much at the start and mostly at the end of first half or at the end of the game but this is something in general of course because in real life depends also on players moods.

But you have a point and a tactic so is good but for example for me is easier, same thing from day one to day 28 and seems to work. My advice try to understand what you really can. You are trying to much and ignoring other things that might be more productive for your team.

As a moderator maybe I should be more on your side but I don't understand to much you guys with all this tactics when you actually don't know very much about technical part. You don't know very good the mechanic of the game so focus on the simple things that you can obtain without so much work but things that can really help you.

To counter your "tutorial" if you want to say like this I will stick to the start which actually is gambling.

If you start with an offensive team you might win or you might lose, 1,2 goals conceded in this period can boost opponent notes and you are more likely to lose the game but also 1,2 goals for you might boost your team and give you an easy win. Gambling

Best regards!
    Abhinavsharma and Arion like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

It's human nature to go slow early, and then do most of the job at the end. If you look at ODI cricket (50 overs per inning, an over has 6 balls), we usually score at around 5 runs/over in the first 20 overs or so, the run rate increases to 6 in the 20-40 overs, and we go totally mind-boggling in the last 10, were 75-100 runs are scored. But you're suggesting the opposite.

Well most of you won't understand cricket, but then in school, we studied on the day before the test.

I play safe, and the 70' mark is my target when whether should I attack or defend, depending on the circumstances.
    Sorry to say, but you're confusing us.
    Last edited by Arion; 03-13-2016 at 01:11 AM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Why this game is isolated from real life tactics?
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I don't agree.
    I suggest the opposite -lol

If oppo playing def/counter, your attackers crushing into his defenders and strikes back with counters, game is over (or at least it would be very difficult to reverse a bad score).
    First defending
    - see the formation (maybe he changed it before the game)
    - see if he is present or not
    - see the ball possession of the game
    - see the first rates of the players
    - number of shots
    then (after 30' ) decide what next
    Ok If you disagree.
    Suppose both player have same mentality eg attacking at last mins.
    If one player will be wise to use defensive counter attacks,then he is really wise.

Addicted
    attack from 0 -90min...that is the easiest way....isn't it?? LOL
    Awe Imoleayo Peter and Arion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    attack from 0 -90min...that is the easiest way....isn't it?? LOL
    But it is easy to take advantage if opponent have that mentality.Almost everyone have so I will defend and counter

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    It's human nature to go slow early, and then do most of the job at the end. If you look at ODI cricket (50 overs per inning, an over has 6 balls), we usually score at around 5 runs/over in the first 20 overs or so, the run rate increases to 6 in the 20-40 overs, and we go totally mind-boggling in the last 10, were 75-100 runs are scored. But you're suggesting the opposite.

Well most of you won't understand cricket, but then in school, we studied on the day before the test.

I play safe, and the 70' mark is my target when whether should I attack or defend, depending on the circumstances.
    Sorry to say, but you're confusing us.
    Arion cricket is different game but that is also good advice.
    Arion likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Ok If you disagree.
    Suppose both player have same mentality eg attacking at last mins.
    If one player will be wise to use defensive counter attacks,then he is really wise.
    I 'm not talking about 2nd half or last quarter, only about the start of the game.

Why this game is isolated from real life tactics?
    because it's a computer game lol
    your analysis is very interesting but as Pricop saying the mechanics of the game are very different from real football.
    Abhinavsharma and Arion like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast