Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Manipulating Champions League

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Manipulating Champions League

Some prologue first.
    This thread it’s about my third team, RINOKEROS, which I started playing with other fb friends in a 35T league. After the third season, we shattered and never played in the same league again. I moved a little, then stopped for 2-3 seasons and then decided to go for the treble and maybe stop it there.
    The first day of the new season, I ‘m checking my CH.L. group opponents as the opposite group too so after that I said I ‘m ok. 2 teams of the group was good but little weaker than my team and the 4th team was very weak (from those leagues, you know). I ‘m in group B.
    After that, I went to examine the opponents of my Cup.
    After the first round of CH.L. group games, I checked all the 1st-2nd position teams of the groups. My team finished 1st of the B group, with 3 victories.
    Then I realized that in group D there is a beast with a 9* (Atletico Madrid) players.
    Manipulating Champions League-cm1-oppo-atlet.jpg

Checking the CH.L. qualification program, I could see that he ‘ll be my next oppo after playing with the 2nd team of group A.
    That means I ‘m out of CH.L. in final 8 K.O. round as it is impossible to win him (at least in two games round).
    But if I could get the 2nd position of the group, then I could meet him only in the final.
    Manipulating Champions League-cm2-ch-l-rounds-road-final.jpg

Finishing in the 2nd position of the group, meaning that I would play with some 1st position opponents like those teams but at least with them, I ‘ll have some good chances. With the T buyer not once.
    Manipulating Champions League-cm3-oppo-1-a1.jpg
    Manipulating Champions League-cm4-2-oppo-3-g1.jpg
    Manipulating Champions League-cm4-oppo-2-c1.jpg

So, from that point, I started some “cooking” with my games. I lost the two next games from the 2nd and the 3rd team (but I had to be careful with the goal difference) , I won the last game and finally got the 2nd position.
    Manipulating Champions League-cm5-before-game.jpg

Manipulating Champions League-cm6-ch-l-rounds-5-games.jpg

The funny thing was that I played with the 1st team of the group, in the Cup too.
    Mihu has a 5* team and he is an active manager.
    There, the target was clear.
    Manipulating Champions League-cm7-mihu-3-games.jpg

So, after that, I ‘m playing in the semifinals while the 1st of my group, Mihu is out with a 17-0 agg.
    Manipulating Champions League-cm8-road-semi.jpg

Now, I have to fight for the final. Even if I past and there it’s only one game and not two as the K.O. rounds, I don’t believe I have any chance for winning (even if I have nine 6*players) but at least I won one Cup trophy - maybe bronze maybe silver.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Hahaha you practically knocked Mihu out by letting him go above you.

I am willing to bet I am not the only one who prays the ridiculous token spender gets as many suspensions as possible before they play you.

I had a guy like this who beat me in semis 3 seasons ago. I beat him 2-1 in first leg when he rested some 7* for 6* and then he put out a full 7* squad he rarely used purely to beat me on quality so kudos to that guy for sacrificing decent performers for poorer, higher rated players lol. He beat me 3-1 in the second leg to knock me out. I was gutted.

What if all the teams in your group noticed about the possibility of playing a 9-star team, and all of them aimed for second place?

The (6-0,11-0) is funny though .

By the way, the 8-9-star team seems to use your favourite formation.
    Last edited by Tactician; 03-26-2016 at 06:46 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Nik is a traitor, he knocked out his fellow countryman and my fellow countryman

Coming to the point, I prefer to play the first leg at home, so I'll manipulate next season. Previous season we finished first, and got eliminated.
    Last edited by Arion; 03-27-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

What if all the teams in your group noticed about the possibility of playing a 9-star team, and all of them aimed for second place?
    I don't think so. I don't believe those lv7 managers know that draw system. Only from this forum or a fb group someone have a clue how this draw is working after the groups. It's only from this game, it's not an official FIFA/UEFA draw.

Nik is a traitor, he knocked out his fellow countryman and my fellow countryman
    haha, everything is fair in war, love and top eleven.

By the way, the 8-9-star team seems to use your favourite formation
    This time (if I 'll pass in the final) I 'm gonna use 5-4-1V but I don't have any hope. It's not only the quality but he is active too. He 's watching his games.
    what can I do
    Manipulating Champions League-mihu-crist-0-6.jpg

Famous
    Well done anyway. You'll have much more chances on one game than 2. Plus the cash that comes with it. Hard defense, counters and ... prayers may help !
    Plus a friendly ref that gives him a couple of reds in the first 15 minutes. Try to get to PK !!

Finally we made it to play in the final.
    The trick worked and instead of being in the place of Mihu, I 'm gonna win a silver plate.
    Much better than nothing as I couldn't hope for anything else.
    Manipulating Champions League-ch-l-road-final-1.jpg

I was twice unlucky this season.
    Manipulating Champions League-cup-road-final-1.jpg
    I dropped the quality of my team so to have a reasonable draw in the Cup, but with my misfortune, I 'm gonna play in the final with a guy who also used the same tactic, he is a heavy T buyer and treble winner
    Manipulating Champions League-cup-final-oppo.jpg
    So, no treble just a league title and two silver plates
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-30-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    reddeviljohn and Arion like this.

Ok, time for some cooking again as I have a tough CH.L. draw and a dilemma

Manipulating Champions League-ch-l-groups-day0.jpg
    As I checked my opponents in the groups, there are two very strong teams.
    Of course they ‘re heavy T buyers as they have teams from scout list and jerseys & emblems of 400 Token.
    One is in group A, JUVENTUS and the other one is in group D, TRABZONSPOR.
    JUVENTUS has already a team full of 6* and 7* players. Almost all of those 7* players are from scout list and they have 2 participations from the Cup games
    Manipulating Champions League-juve.jpg
    .JUVENTUS has a stronger team but doesn’t have so many titles.
    Manipulating Champions League-juve-troph.jpg

Murat’s players are scout list players but from pervious seasons as they have participations from one or two leagues.
    Manipulating Champions League-murat.jpg
    TRABZONSPOR has much more trophies (not like me but very close).
    Manipulating Champions League-murat-troph.jpg

Also he is very active, we have some common friends and he sent friend request last season to my teams.
    NIK refused as I didn’t want him in my league but my other team TIGRAN accepted and we ‘re friends.
    It;s from the Cup game, where I supported him. He passed a 2 lvs above, team.
    Manipulating Champions League-mu-cup-game.jpg

If I finished 1st in my group, I ‘ll play with JUVE in the 2nd KO round. If I ‘ll finished 2nd, I ‘ll play with TRABZONSPOR in the 1st KO round.
    Manipulating Champions League-choice.jpg

I ‘m not sure what to choose.
    Those are the good teams of my group. The other one (I play the first game with him) is weak.
    Manipulating Champions League-my-group.jpg

This is my team. Those 6* are in the beginning of the star q. I also bought 2 5* players and I ‘m waiting for the league draw to fill the rest squad.
    Manipulating Champions League-team-d1-1.jpg
    I can enforce my team but as usual, having 6* players and maybe few early 7*.

Some other teams
    In A group there are also good teams but I don’t think they have any chance vs JUVE
    Manipulating Champions League-barcelona.jpg
    Manipulating Champions League-novorosija.jpg

In group B, it’s the runner of my previous league
    Manipulating Champions League-b-alexander.jpg

In group F it’s ERDIN ,the team I faced and won in the CH.L. final of previous season.
    Manipulating Champions League-f-erdin.jpg

But has some good oppo
    Manipulating Champions League-f-kakamahn.jpg
    Manipulating Champions League-f-notiham.jpg

And in group H it’s the best of all. It’s a team that was in previous season CH.L. groups as he won his league. Now he was second . Of course he is playing in one of those weak 2*-3* players league. No problemo for him
    Manipulating Champions League-holstein.jpg

Any suggestions ?
    What would you choose ?

The man with the lesser trophies. he seems to know how to lose. The other guy is a winner and would be good tactically too. So go play Juve, you have a better chance......#my thoughts
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Ok Peter, you were right (and I believed that also).
    Day 5 and here are the groups
    Manipulating Champions League-15-ch-l-groups-day-5.jpg

JUVE had some bad results (for the quality of his team of course). He had a draw vs Ahmed, the 3rd team and lost from Novorosija 0-2
    Manipulating Champions League-16-juve-lost-game.jpg

Unfortunately Novorosija got trolled and had a draw vs the weaker team of the group, so now tomorrow must win-get a draw-or loose less than 0-2 or else JUVE will take the first place.
    Meanwhile Murat also was close to loose a game from the 3rd team of the group but finally scored near the end of the game. I supported him with my two teams as I didn’t want to face him in the next round as the 2nd team of his group.
    Manipulating Champions League-17-murat-last-group-game.jpg

So, if I ‘m lucky, the draw for K.O. rounds can be like that and if I ‘ll pass the other teams, I ‘m gonna face the winner of JUVE – TRABZONSPOR in the final.

Manipulating Champions League-18-choice-2.jpg

In the meantime I ‘ll have some time to train my players and level up a little more. Now I have two 5* players, two early 7* players and seven 6* players – I believe I can make two or three more 7* players with training.

Meanwhile JUVE and MURAT are friends and JUVE challenged him in a friendly game. My reserves who are friends with Murat, watched that game. JUVE had a clear victory
    Manipulating Champions League-19-friendly-g.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 04-14-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast