Quote Originally Posted by Adam T. Brown View Post
I'd like to deviate and offer my formation that is not on the list - 4-2n-3w-1. I always use attacking mentality, high pressing, no counter, offsides on. I typically attack the flanks with long passing. When I do, I draw back most of my central players to protect against counters and push forward on the wings like this:

Attachment 64678

If I luck out and an opponent has a glaring weakness (like my last cup match, a one star defender at right back was filling in for his usual starter that was suspended), then I'll attack a particular flank but that is very rare.

When I'm playing wider formations, like a wide diamond or even a 4-4-2, I'll attack the middle with short passes, push my central players forward, hold back a defender, but still push the edges with my attackers like this:

Attachment 64679

Regardless of how I attack, my run of play goals are evenly distributed across my AM's and my ST scores all of his goals from free kicks or from hammering home a corner. When I attack the flanks, I use long passes and when I attack the middle I use short passes. The only time I'll go mixed and mixed is when I'm trying to feel out my opponent in the first 15 minutes if I'm unsure at the start. After seeing one or two live action sequences, I can pretty quickly tell how my opponent is playing and then I'll shift my formation to attack their weakness.

Hope that helps!
Yes I admire it!nice one