View Poll Results: League or Champions League ?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • League

10 29.41%
  • Champions League

14 41.18%
  • The same

10 29.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: League or Champions League ?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

League or Champions League ?

- Which is more difficult to conquer ?

- Which titles of those competitions makes you more proud to have them in your trophy room ?

- If you have two games vs tough opponents, in which one you ‘ll choose to use your best players ?

- If you think to spend 2 T to switch the time of a game so be able to watch it, for which one would you do that ?

- If you see two players in the market, one with good stats in league and the other one with good stats in CH.L., which one would you choose to go for ?

• Before the new league draw system with teams which have the same quality, league was much easier for me because there it was me and 2-3 more teams with same Q (I ‘m talking about 5*-6* players teams) . Also those was the active managers. At that period, in CH.L. groups there was at least 3 teams with good quality in the same group and maybe a 4* players team. Now you can find many teams with 2*-3* players from low quality leagues. Of course in K.O. rounds it’s the only the good teams.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I have already discussed a similar sort of topic in the posts as linked below.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post398324
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post398345
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post398350
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post398351

There is no definite answer for such questions as this will vary from server to server, level to level, batch to batch and so on. It might be also a matter a personal experience or preference. But generally, knock-out competitions are more difficult to win because two matches are involved as decider (except the final) as compared to the league which accounts for all matches (26). Once you lose a round in a knock-out competition, you are out of it in that particular season, disregarding whatever happens in the next rounds (that is, there is little room for catching up in case of a slip). The random advantages, for instance the so called 'roll of the dice', if ever present, have more significant effects in competitions involving knock-out rounds. Considering this and other things as discussed in the posts linked above, generally, in terms of difficulty, Cup>C.L>League.
    Last edited by Tactician; 03-28-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    HoofDaddy likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I didn't put the Cup on purpose, because there either you can manipulate the quality and have an easy/reasonable draw so reach the semi/finals or play with teams 1-3 levels above and disqualify from round 1 or 2.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I have been in 1finals, 3semifinals in champions league but has not won. So champs league has been more difficult for me. There is always a team that is way above others in champs league and they have always been the winner in my batch. I prefer league. Survival of the most consistent I say

I'll consider myself to be an expert only after winning the league, as I've 2 Cups and a CL
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

The League has been the toughest for me so far.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I won all the leagues I played so far and hard opponents can make things easier, the worst is when you have weak opponents and one very good team to compete with, you will fight from day one to the last one with the same opponent.

5,6 stars opponents this season but seems easier then last one or at least same and actually 2nd is kinda one of the weakest not sure how he manage to win almost every single game so far.

Champions League is basic harder because only winners and teams from top 4 can join, there's a higher rating of good teams to be there but I guess is also about luck and more things.

Last seasons Champions League is killing me and make it almost impossible to win it because I have +1 opponents and mostly are league winners, so many teams with 7 and 8 stars players, even 9 stars from time to time and that trophy is almost impossible for me.
    Arion and BeckStar like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

- Which is more difficult to conquer ?

- Which titles of those competitions makes you more proud to have them in your trophy room ?

- If you have two games vs tough opponents, in which one you ‘ll choose to use your best players ?

- If you think to spend 2 T to switch the time of a game so be able to watch it, for which one would you do that ?

- If you see two players in the market, one with good stats in league and the other one with good stats in CH.L., which one would you choose to go for ?

• Before the new league draw system with teams which have the same quality, league was much easier for me because there it was me and 2-3 more teams with same Q (I ‘m talking about 5*-6* players teams) . Also those was the active managers. At that period, in CH.L. groups there was at least 3 teams with good quality in the same group and maybe a 4* players team. Now you can find many teams with 2*-3* players from low quality leagues. Of course in K.O. rounds it’s the only the good teams.
    I assume the poll asks which competition is more difficult. I chose League.

Considering probability, CL is more difficult. My no. of trophies of CL is roughly half of those of league. This also matches the probability. But in practice, in previous CL my teams participated, at least half of the opponents are not difficult to handle. My teams usually easily advance to playoff stage. Moreover, if my team performs badly in CL, it is eliminated. It doesn't need to suffer long losing steak. This does not hurt my feelings much.

In contrast, League is a season long competition. If my team plays badly, it still need to continue to play till day 28 . Bad form is difficult to fix but need to be fixed. Of course, some managers can switch the strategy to tank to release pressure, but I don't use this option. Current league drawing system make almost all teams similar in quality. My teams are in 5 star league. There is less teams with significant change in qualities during a season. If the league have 12 teams with similar competitiveness, there are 22 difficult matches to handle. There is a difficult match in roughly 3/4 of the season days. I believe I put more effort per match on league.

My primary focus is usually on league. I will also be happy to win some challenging CL. But I still like league trophies more.

In the past, I don't use any token except on auction. In these 2 seasons, I think I will end playing any time, and I accumulate a lot of tokens (well, there are only around 40 and 140 for my 2 teams.). So I don't care to spend them if needed. So I did this for several times in last season.

I mainly consider league match ratings of players. Players' season average match ratings (I used to kept record and calculated myself) were often the most important factor to decide my starting players near season end.
    Arion likes this.

League is easy according to me"As you can recover if you loose handful of matches.
    But champion league is very precise"You need to win every match for winning title".

League is tough also as there is less time break during matches.
    Ch league gives you much time to prepare.

According to me everything is easy until you have made it tough.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Rookie
    For me League. Maybe because I started with friends competing for a League title and it has always been more challenging. CL has always been secondary. This year im in the semis and my best player didn't play in CL games yet.

League > Cup > CL
    Arion likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast