Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Mythbusters of top eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    But then, you are likely to fall in the other categories, which makes the Cup easier for you. The Cup and CL becomes more difficult if you have a team capable of challenging for a league that involves a higher average quality or some opponents having high quality teams in the previous season. Usually, 5-6 stars teams are the ones that face more difficulty in the cup, and sometimes the C.L. 4 stars (especially lower 4 stars) and below teams are expected to have easier Cup competitions, independent of the situation that you have mentioned (2 favourites meet in a knock-out round before the final).
    I would definitely not aim for a treble then. My target has always been the league, and each time I've failed.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    You have said it all tactico, simply, your quality determines the difficulty. My current league has the most equal teams competing since I started this game, but level 5gave me a whole lot to learn, it was tough. So I am leading now because I am not leaving any stone unturned. I am countering even the weakest team just to make sure I am on top. Its really draining I have to give kudos to Leicester and Ranieri. Staying on top for a long time requires a lot.

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk
    'the most equal teams competing'

This is very likely in the higher levels, but it depends on the server too, and if most teams have say a quality of 6-7 stars, where it becomes very difficult to add more quality (unless you have a lot of offers or money to spend), the league becomes very tough, where each match may make a big difference. In my opinion, generally the significant difficulty for winning a league starts when a league's average quality is close to 100% and beyond in the first days of the season.
    Last edited by Tactician; 03-27-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I would definitely not aim for a treble then. My target has always been the league, and each time I've failed.
    You can up the quality of your team and win a challenging league. The problem starts the next season where the min. quality requirement is likely to rise (sometimes, very significantly, as in the case of the cup). For instance, say you need an upper 5 star team this season to properly challenge for the league, the next season, the min. requirement might be lower 6 stars, and it might keep on increasing like this after each season up to say a min. of 7 stars, where it will then generally stabilise except in rare cases where there is a 9 star team. That is only for the league. The Cup may become even more difficult as you will likely face teams as high as 3-5 levels higher than yours. This is why many users try to fool the draws by decreasing the quality of their team at the end of each season. That is why I say, if you play the game like you are expected to play, the Cup is the most difficult competition to win.

You may still win the Treble the way you are doing; it may come after staying as a much lower quality team than the others for a few seasons. But, it will be the lower batches' (2-4 stars) treble, and hence, significantly less prize money for the level concerned. For comparison, it can be said to be a second or third division treble. At least, you can win something.
    Last edited by Tactician; 03-27-2016 at 05:56 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    as I can see, we talk much here about the difficulty of League or CH.L., I started a new thread - poll
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...ns-league.html

I would like to continue this conversation there, feel free to vote (or if you like, you can copy/paste your posts) there
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

@Arion the league will eventually come. Treble??? I just wanna win cups or do the double. Treble requires a lot which I don't think I am ready to give. I am already addicted I can't give more. Noooooo
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    You can up the quality of your team and win a challenging league. The problem starts the next season where the min. quality requirement is likely to rise (sometimes, very significantly, as in the case of the cup). For instance, say you need an upper 5 star team this season to properly challenge for the league, the next season, the min. requirement might be lower 6 stars, and it might keep on increasing like this after each season up to say a min. of 7 stars, where it will then generally stabilise except in rare cases where there is a 9 star team. That is only for the league. The Cup may become even more difficult as you will likely face teams as high as 3-5 levels higher than yours. This is why many users try to fool the draws by decreasing the quality of their team at the end of each season. That is why I say, if you play the game like you are expected to play, the Cup is the most difficult competition to win.

You may still win the Treble the way you are doing; it may come after staying as a much lower quality team than the others for a few seasons. But, it will be the lower batches' (2-4 stars) treble, and hence, significantly less prize money for the level concerned. For comparison, it can be said to be a second or third division treble. At least, you can win something.
    I aim for a trophy at a time, and try to go as far in other tournaments. Once I've won the league then I may think of improving. I guess tanking gives you little edge in the new TE, as bonuses and match attendance count more. That's why my team was doomed while I was at vacation from Holi to Good Friday.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

A Myth saying that you can't beat Mourinho.
    Well, it can be done but it's very hard or rare.
    In this thread, post #21 a picture from an older member of the forum won him 4-0 - but he had (always) a team of 8*-9* and some 10* players
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...roll-me-3.html

and in this old post, Mourinho probably had a very bad day
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...full-game.html

I have also beaten mou fc 6 times when I invested in my team in lower level about 1,4,5,6,8,9 manager levels.
    T11 fact finders also say its rare
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

sorry but only with proves I can believe
    (not only from you, from any other who wrote about this)
    That's why I picked only those two cases.

* some times nordeus made some contests but in those cases, the quality/programming of Mourinho wasn't the "normal" one.
    Bunzo likes this.

See fb page post of year 2013
    There were contest about beating mou fc
    Anyways you must have beaten mou fc?As you are mod
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast