Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Mythbusters of top eleven

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    See fb page post of year 2013
    ?

There were contest about beating mou fc
    * some times nordeus made some contests but in those cases, the quality/programming of Mourinho wasn't the "normal" one.
    yes, I wrote about that. There were two contest but in those cases, they "made" Mourinho's team more "normal" .

Anyways you must have beaten mou fc?As you are mod
    I 've played sometimes, many seasons ago. The best score was a draw (but lost in extra time).
    I think in that game, his GK saved a goal from a double corner when at that period 99,99% of those was a goal.
    Then I stopped playing.
    mod or not, just a good team cannot beat Mourinho.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    But some times I wonder if there is a roll dice about a pack of two games we have in a KO round of the Cup or CH.L.
    I noticed some times (but rare), that whatever I 'll do, in the first or second leg, I can't get over a team which is worst than mine (or playing with weird formation). I have the feeling that the qualification is predeterminate.
    What do you say ?
    Myth or not ?
    Indications are there that some matches seemed to be fixed. I have faced situations where it appeared that simply nothing could be done to change the final outcome (that is, win, draw or loss, and which team goes through to the next round). Take into consideration there is still a small possibility of the other team having gone through due to tactics, but I have highly doubt it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-19-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

In my experience most of these 'fixed' matches seem to occur when the opposition manager does not attend, making it highly debatable whether their tactics have anything to do with it. A team can only play to the formation and tactics set for it up until 3 minutes prior to kick-off. If a manager is present at a match, he can change the players, formation and tactics (orders) to cope with events as they unfold on the pitch.

The only way an unmanaged team can change is in response to changes made to the managed team, eg formation change from a true counter-formation to one that allows the unmanaged team the exploit the facets of the formation it is using that the counter-formation had previously suppressed. It may be the case that in some matches that are eventually reported as 'Troll' matches, the manager has exacerbated the effect of 'nothing I do works' by making extreme changes that have been to the detriment of his team.

This is why I try not to make many changes of formation or players during this sort of match, and instead rely on changes in orders and bonus application to try and get my team to overcome the stubborn opponent - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...
    Last edited by talisman; 04-19-2016 at 05:23 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    In my experience most of these 'fixed' matches seem to occur when the opposition manager does not attend.
    I confirm that I have observed the same.

'The only way an unmanaged team can change is in response to changes made to the managed team' is when the game has decided that you will be knocked-out of the competition at this particular stage no matter what you do.

In those anomalous cases, nothing seemed to work in terms of changing the course of the round, that is who will be qualified and who will be disqualified. If ever you make very appropriate changes in tactics, you will dominate the match and your team will score a few goals, but the opponent will respond with more goals that seems to be too easy for them to do. The way your defence let them to come and score appear to be too strange. Even the behaviour of the GK is strange. In other words, it can be observed how the game set things up and make things happen on the pitch in such a way so that the desired final result (qualified or disqualified) is respected.

I still will leave a small room for the possibility of the opponent having gone through due to tactics (initially selected tactics), but I highly doubt it.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Setting the right formation/ counter opponents defense, is always effective.
    Nope. A myth.
    Why ? As we see now with the live animations, when oppo (or our team) has 3DC, this doesn't mean that playing with flanks (AML-AMR) guarantee an advantage. because we can see that those DC are moving and marking in the whole defense area.
    The same thing (it happened to me some times), when I saw that oppo lost a player in one wing of his defense (injury or red card when manager was absent) and tried to take an advantage to that, it failed.
    Here is an example from a game of a friend i saw today.
    Opponent didn't have DR in the squad so my fiend decided to enforce his left wing. he didn't manage to win and the best defender was oppo DL, the guy who (in theory) didn't have oppo attacker.
    Of course if we see the game live, we could see that his DL was moving in the whole area of defense, marking the closest attacker.
    So, is it has any meaning ? Yes, but probably just gives a small advantage in our team but not the critical one to secure the victory.
    * Ok, counter formations are good but don't get to crazy about them It's a small factor, some times meaningless, some times the one which gives the victory.

Mythbusters of top eleven-formation-x-men.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-13-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Arion and Sunil Chetri like this.

in post #122, I wrote that bot bidders is a Myth but today, when start selling some players of my reserves (at lv1), there were some "strange" bidders.
    Different names and countries but same style (photo and names).
    All are lv1 new created teams.
    A mystery
    Mythbusters of top eleven-bot-bidders.jpg

in post #122, I wrote that bot bidders is a Myth but today, when start selling some players of my reserves (at lv1), there were some "strange" bidders.
    A mystery
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bot bidders.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	67319
    These look likely to be bots, but from whom? Nordeus does not need to do such things unless they have become even more greedy.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

hmm, need more investigation.
    I 'm not in a hurry to have any conclusion at the moment.
    I wonder if it's one person who started with multiple accounts (like in this post http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...sociation.html)
    unfortunately this time I have only 3-4 5* players in my market so I only found those two
    Mythbusters of top eleven-bot-bidders-2.jpg

* for me it was good because I sold my players after few good bids
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-25-2016 at 02:16 PM.

hmm, need more investigation.
    I 'm not in a hurry to have any conclusion at the moment.
    I wonder if it's one person who started with multiple accounts (like in this post http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...sociation.html)
    unfortunately this time I have only 3-4 5* players in my market so I only found those two

Name:	bot bidders 2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	67320

* for me it was good because I sold my players after few bids
    By the way, on the auction market for my the level of my the current active game account, I have noticed one (maybe even more) of such accounts; one had an owl as picture.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

A mystery

Name:	bot bidders.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	67319
    They are playing with google account,i have a google acount and last month when i tried to sign in i had to choose one of those strange avatar and usernames

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast