Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Keeper training

Quote Originally Posted by skrrr View Post
    What you mean by this? I've trained GK alone using Skill Drill and gained Concentration. Whether or not the other skills go to waste or does the keeper get -0,75% worth of Concentration, I have no idea.

To me it seems like training several players together only makes a difference in gaining bonus, nothing to do with gaining skill points.
    Suppose you set a training session consisting of those: Warm Up, Shooting, Set-Pieces, Pass-Go-Shoot, Stretch. This is an example only; it may or may not be a decent training session.

For shooting session, you need appropriate players to shoot, this could be STs or AMs, but you also need a GK between the posts.

For a set-piece drill, suppose the defending one, you need the attackers (usually those that can head the ball) in addition to the defenders (DCs and GK).

For a Pass-Go-Shoot drill, you need a GK to make the saves in addition to players for passing, movement and shooting.

But, do you need others team players to be involved in a GK training session only, for instance, Warm Up, Skill Drill, Carioca With Ladders, Sprint, GK-only drill, Stretch? No, as it involves a GK-only drill that outfield players don't require to be involved in; if they are involved, this will waste their condition for non-related gains or for no gains at all for performing the specific GK-drill.

This is up to the user to find out all this, but I have made an exception here; I have showed you some of it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-03-2016 at 03:13 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Suppose you set a training session consisting of those: Warm Up, Shooting, Set-Pieces, Pass-Go-Shoot, Stretch. This is an example only; it may or may not be a decent training session.

For shooting session, you need appropriate players to shoot, this could be STs or AMs, but you also need a GK between the posts.

For a set-piece drill, suppose the defending one, you need the attackers (usually those that can head the ball) in addition to the defenders (DCs and GK).

For a Pass-Go-Shoot drill, you need a GK to make the saves in addition to players for passing, movement and shooting.

But, do you need others team players to be involved in a GK training session only, for instance, Warm Up, Skill Drill, Carioca With Ladders, Sprint, GK-only drill, Stretch? No, as it involves a GK-only drill that outfield players don't require to be involved in; if they are involved, this will waste their condition for non-related gains or for no gains at all for performing the specific GK-drill.

This is up to the user to find out all this, but I have made an exception here; I have showed you some of it.
    I'm sorry for getting pedant, but what do you mean by "need?" Need for gaining skill points? Or bonus? What you are saying makes perfect sense in the real world, but are you saying if I do Piggy In The Middle drill for one player (which obviously should be impossible,) he doesn't gain anything from it? Because I've done, and he does.

Or do you just mean you should make sure every drill you pick has some skill for every player that takes part in that session. So for example, if you train 2 ST's and 2 GK's at the same time, you shouldn't pick Slalom Dribble. That I agree with of course. But if I train 2 GK's I don't think I "need" any outfield players to gain Reflexes & Agility doing Shooting Technique. Granted, for GK's I haven't actually tried this. But other players appear to be happy training Set-Pieces and Pass-n-Shoot etc alone.

Quote Originally Posted by skrrr View Post
    I'm sorry for getting pedant, but what do you mean by "need?" Need for gaining skill points? Or bonus? What you are saying makes perfect sense in the real world, but are you saying if I do Piggy In The Middle drill for one player (which obviously should be impossible,) he doesn't gain anything from it? Because I've done, and he does.

Or do you just mean you should make sure every drill you pick has some skill for every player that takes part in that session. So for example, if you train 2 ST's and 2 GK's at the same time, you shouldn't pick Slalom Dribble. That I agree with of course. But if I train 2 GK's I don't think I "need" any outfield players to gain Reflexes & Agility doing Shooting Technique. Granted, for GK's I haven't actually tried this. But other players appear to be happy training Set-Pieces and Pass-n-Shoot etc alone.
    What I mean by 'need' is that the player has to be there. Else, another selected player is likely to be involved in the secondary role, and will likely make gains in attributes that are not wanted. But, it seems that some player still make some 'unwanted' gains, probably due to the system not allocating the roles properly. Take into consideration that I have not thoroughly tested this. It might well be that the selection of a player for gains in particular attributes related to the training drills selected is just random.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

If you select only 2 GKs (and no other players) for a training session that involves a shooting drill, one of the GK will likely make gains related to saving shots (reflexes and so on), while the other might just waste his condition and make unwanted gains or no gains at all as he will be the one doing the shooting for the other GK to make the saves. Again, this is not a confirmed theory, but logic says it should be like this. A shared role could also be possible, where both GKs contribute to each part of this drill. You have to test and find out yourself.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-03-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

And please, no more questions. I have said enough. It is up to the user to find out how things work in this game.
    Sweed Mind likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    What I mean by 'need' is that the player has to be there. Else, another selected player is likely to be involved in the secondary role, and will likely make gains in attributes that are not wanted. But, it seems that some player still make some 'unwanted' gains, probably due to the system not allocating the roles properly. Take into consideration that I have not thoroughly tested this. It might well be that the selection of a player for gains in particular attributes related to the training drills selected is just random.
    Ah, hmm, haven't thought of that. These theories are pretty impossible to test. I've assumed all players taking part in the training will gain all skills included in the drills selected. Maybe the key attributes for every position gain a bit more. Who knows. I tend to train different positions seperately and pick drills that don't train the unwanted attributes. The GK skills included in most drills are tricky tho.

Since I've trained my ST's together it's possible one of them is a great keeper!?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12