Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Like Tree1076Likes

Thread: Season 78 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    My team suffered it's first loss today, after almost 1.5 seasons, that is from when I made my comeback. A 1-1 draw away and a 2-3 loss at home against a slightly weaker team knock my team out of the Champions League at the 1/8 stage. I pushed my players to the max on the pitch, and some of their conditions were as low as 60% after the match.

From what I saw today, I think that there is something fishy going on with this game. It appears that for some games or knock-out stages the engine has already decided who is going to win or who is going to go through this round. I also suspect a sort relationship with the competition grouping and draws that are done at the start of the season.

It might still be possible that the other team won based on tactics only (or based on form and tactics), but I highly doubt it.

I experienced something quit similar last year (2015), where I won the away match 2-1, but lost on penalties after a 1-2 loss at home. By the way things were going during the match, it was evident how the match was fixed.

Also, I suspect that at some point the engine favours a team significantly so that this team wins the competition or earn related achievements (win the competition, win the treble, break the winning streak of a team and so on).

So, briefly, I can say that some things in this game are made to happen, that is they do not depend much on you or on how you manage your team.
    I had a plan for reviving my other team (Virtual F.C) around end of May-start of June. I planned to purchase significant amount of tokens and build a 'super' team, a team that I intended to build so that it will have all the qualities needed to play how I want to play. But, after what I saw, I will probably not do it. It would be a waste of money if such bad things are there in this game. It is still best to play this game with little to no expenditure from your pocket.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-19-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Arion likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Nothing much can be done more. It seems that the game has decided to knock my team out, or maybe there still some important things to learn in this game. For now, I have to bow down and accept defeat.

By the way, Toplica Hoffman will be sold at the end of this season. It was a GK that I put my trust in, but he has been disappointing in those 2 matches. And guess what? The recommendations that came today were GKs. There are things that are no more a coincidence in this game. There are many things that are likely to be made to happen, set up or that are fixed.

Last edited by Tactician; 04-19-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

From what I saw today, I think that there is something fishy going on with this game. It appears that for some games or knock-out stages the engine has already decided who is going to win or who is going to go through this round.

So, briefly, I can say that some things in this game are made to happen, that is they do not depend much on you or on how you manage your team.
    Agreed wholeheartedly - how else can you explain a team that won 4-0 in the home leg conceding 3 goals in the last 17 minutes of the 2nd Leg, having resisted all efforts up to then - so the opponent can win after extra time and penalties of course...

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post400642
    Arion likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Agreed wholeheartedly - how else can you explain a team that won 4-0 in the home leg conceding 3 goals in the last 17 minutes of the 2nd Leg, having resisted all efforts up to then - so the opponent can win after extra time and penalties of course...

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post400642
    Ah... you noticed that too. Same thing happen to me last year (2015). I won the away leg 2-1, but the game appeared to setting things up in the home game. It went to extra time and I lost on penalties. During that match, that is before going to penalty shoot-outs, my best player, a player who never missed a penalty, missed one. Everything was happening but the decisive goal to get my team qualified simply 'did not want to come'. And you know what, at that time, I was using 4-5-1(V); don't come and tell me it easy to score 2 goals past a superior team playing a defensive 4-5-1(V) in his stadium.

In some cases, the opposing team might even get one or a few red cards, but still you won't get to win this match or get a good enough result to go to the next stage. It is as if the game is trying to fool you.

There is something else I have observed. In some cases, where you have won the first leg by large margins or whatappeared to be a great result, in the second leg it is as if something has changed significantly; the other team start scoring for fun against you despite being inferior, playing away and kept the same formations and tactics as in the previous leg, while your players does not seem to want to play or they are playing but all efforts go in vain.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-19-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

There is something else I have observed. In some cases, where you have won the first leg by large margins or whatappeared to be a great result, in the second leg it is as if something has changed significantly; the other team start scoring for fun against you despite being inferior, playing away and kept the same formations and tactics as in the previous leg, while your players does not seem to want to play or they are playing but all efforts go in vain.
    That's what I call the '2nd Leg kick in the teeth'. The squad grafts away and gets a 1-0 win in the away 1st Leg, then apparently forgets how to play in the home 2nd Leg and the opposition team deals a 0-2 defeat...

Usually the opposing team is a tad below in Quality but plays an adventurous formation that gets results, and, with home possession advantage, your team should win handily if you get the (counter-)formation and tactics correct. On match day, the opposition manager doesn't turn up and you are there with a full house and a friend and thus have full 15% possession bonus...

Are you coming around to the idea that there could be 'Troll' results in this game, and these sorts of matches we are discussing is where they start?
    Last edited by talisman; 04-19-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Sometimes mid-season tanking fails and can be risky, since there are teams so horrible who can't even win when you tank. Rather try to capitalise on the 3rd/4th position.
    I just noticed teams below me are wack. They can't win enough point to drop me to 8, so I will fight this out. No more losing hopefully.

If only you could give me some. I have no money in the credit card account to buy some tokens to turn to red packs, else I would have done it. Also, the club is low on virtual cash; so, I am very limited in terms of doing new transfers (even temporary ones) right now. I have checked the market a few times, and there only a few players I can bid on, but they appear to be not good enough, and also they are relatively old (31-33 years).

But, I'm sure there is something fishy concerning injuries happening in this game.
    I have healed not less than 10players in Golden eaglets. No more reds. I Am Fed Up

Another Injury

Another Injury, this time 12 days.This is getting annoying. I'm sure there is something fishy going on in this game. My team already got several injuries (6-8 days) earlier in the season which I healed using red packs - so much that only 6 red packs are left. How am I going to heal the current injuries? I have no money left in the credit card account, and no offers are available for my region.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-19-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    That's what I call the '2nd Leg kick in the teeth'. The squad grafts away and gets a 1-0 win in the away 1st Leg, then apparently forgets how to play in the home 2nd Leg and the opposition team deals a 0-2 defeat...

Usually the opposing team is a tad below in Quality but plays an adventurous formation that gets results, and, with home possession advantage, your team should win handily if you get the (counter-)formation and tactics correct. On match day, the opposition manager doesn't turn up and you are there with a full house and a friend and thus have full 15% possession bonus...

Are you coming around to the idea that there could be 'Troll' results in this game, and these sorts of matches we are discussing is where they start?
    I have no fans (no one is in the friend's list beside the default Mourinho team), and yet I dominate possession even in away matches. See the pictures posted earlier (1-1 draw). I dominate most of my opponents, not only in terms of possession, but in everything or almost everything in the match, and mostly obtain the required result, though at times the score can be narrow, most probably due to random effects. My games are based only on tactics and quality. It is those what appeared to be 'fixed' matches and those excessive injuries that is my concern. And, it is even more a problem when it occurs in important matches.

I know, but there are many things reported as 'troll' here that are not as such.Why? Because it can seen what tactical error(s) the user made or how the other team managed to win, based on the posted images, feedback and so on. Many users won't see this this, and even I was not seeing many of them in the early days, that is when I started to play this game, and me too I was complaining about this and that. This is understandable. Also, not everyone has tactical way of thinking or football way of thinking. But, some things that is happening in this game is in fact bad.

Quality and tactics should influence match results mainly, followed by form and other random effects (which should be minor to very minor). If other things are involved, such as those suspected, I think that this is very inappropriate. The worst are those suspected 'fixed' matches. This is bad, very bad, and not acceptable.

Take into consideration that I have been suspecting some things way back in 2015, some of which were among the reasons why I quit this game. I came back, and I found explanations for some of them. In some cases, there were manager errors or tactical errors (user is at fault). But, there are some things that appear to repeat (and you also confirmed that you experienced similar situations) where what happen does not make any football sense other than being 'fixed' matches or set up. In some cases, you can say that you can almost clearly see what the game engine is trying to do, and also how it is trying to fool the user.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-19-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

It feels as if we're FBI agents.

Anyway, my CL draw DOES feel fishy — 3 teams below 60% and one team above 90% in each of the group. I even saw a 2%, and they QUALIFIED FOR THE KNOCKOUTS! Anyway, only the group winners have survived for the quarter finals.

And yes — there's been a surge in injuries. A new signing injured for 7 days (healed), a second string MC for 5(naturally recovered), and my regular starting fullbacks for 4 days each (1 was healed, other naturally). But what I do (for <5 days injury on important players) is I don't heal them the day they're injured — I do it the next day, saves on reds.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast