Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Attack wins matches,defense wins championships!

But tactican why counter attacks are directed even if we turn them off?The players seem to be independent
    Supastar likes this.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

It is not that it does not work; it is about the formation used. Consider your formation (3-2-2-2-1) which I think it is a good formation for countering a defensive counter-attacking 4-5-1(V) using the flanks. On counter, first a winger must be able to receive the ball which is more likely a long ball; the side DMC may block it. Once the ball is received, the winger has only two main choices - either beat the opposing players on the side concerned (which is likely to be 2 as you used blue arrow on the DMC. The DMC blocks the inside space and the side defender blocks the front space) or send an early cross or pass to the middle which will likely be blocked by the DMC. Both tasks are relatively difficult, unless the winger is on form and has exceptional qualities.
    Arion and Supastar like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    But tactican why counter attacks are directed even if we turn them off?The players seem to be independent
    Counter attacks and forcing counter-attacks are two different things. Counter-attacks can occur with whatever chosen orders as long as the opportunity of counter-attacking is there. Forcing counter-attacks means that your players allow the opposing players to enter into your half and attack without any significant blockage. This means that you are 'forcing' this situation to occur. The problem in there is that if your defense is not strong enough or if the opponent is pushing most players upfront, this strategy might fail because you allowed them to come and outnumber your defensive players. This is one of the possible ways of beating the so called great defensive and counter attacks 4-5-1(V). Using any appropriate formations like the one you suggested or 4-3-3 or asymmetric 4-3-3 or even a modified 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond will 'destroy' a 4-5-1(V) if you use the approach I have indicated you, especially if the other conditions are favourable to you (quality, random effects and so on).

I think I shared enough. In fact, I should have keep some of the things I have said because now some of you will be able to beat the great 4-5-1(V) that many of the users have as main formation.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-15-2016 at 01:00 PM.
    Arion likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Counter attacks and forcing counter-attacks are two different things. Counter-attacks can occur with whatever chosen orders as long as the opportunity of counter-attacking is there. Forcing counter-attacks means that your players allow the opposing players to enter into your half and attack without any significant blockage. This means that you are 'forcing' this situation to occur. The problem in there is that if your defense is not strong enough or if the opponent is pushing most players upfront, this strategy might fail because you allowed them to come and outnumber your defensive players. This is one of the possible ways of beating the so called great defensive and counter attacks 4-5-1(V). Using any appropriate formations like the one you suggested or 4-3-3 or even a modified narrow diamond will 'destroy' a 4-5-1(V) if you use the approach I have indicated you.
    So attacking counter attacks are possible which are done during high press?
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Yes, but it will fail in the sense that you will likely concede a of goals due to the fact that you deliberately allowed the opponent to come in number into your half and yet you ordered your players to stay up the field. In other words, this combination is not compatible.
    Arion, Abhinavsharma and Supastar like this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    You've got a chance, why waste it?
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    You've got a chance, why waste it?
    If we play defending we can't take chances.It is very risky job lol
    Arion and Supastar like this.

Now, do you get it why you observed that 4-5-1(V) you used did not work or was not impressive against some teams using 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond despite the fact the 4-5-1(V) is a proper counter formation for 4-1-2-1-2 N.D?
    It could be coincidence or intentional, but the opponent used tactics to match or outnumber your defensive players or beat you by quality superiority in your half. And forcing counter-attacks by you simply made his task more easy. The problem is that a user cannot see this in the old version with match comments only. Many things can't be explained using that old game version.

In my first months, I also was having many doubts on this game. I have made so many complaints for things what appeared to be nonsense, anomalies or things like that, but after some time, also with the help of the new game version, I found out explanations for many of those. This game is not as simple as some of you might think. There is a lot to learn.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-15-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Arion likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Yes, but it will fail in the sense that you will likely concede a of goals due to the fact that you deliberately allowed the opponent to come in number into your half and yet you ordered your players to stay up the field. In other words, this combination is not compatible.
    So a simple conclusion that defense must be capable of snatching ball if opponent come to your half or it will be futile to use counter attacks.
    Supastar likes this.

Now, do you get it why you observed that 4-5-1(V) you used did not work or was not impressive against some teams using 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond despite the fact the 4-5-1(V) is a proper counter formation for 4-1-2-1-2 N.D?
    It could be coincidence or intentional, but the opponent used tactics to match or outnumber your defensive players or beat you by quality superiority in your half. And forcing counter-attacks by you simply made his task more easy. The problem is that a user cannot see this in the old version with match comments only. Many things can't be explained using that old game version.

In my first months, I also was having many doubts on this game. I have made so many complaints for things what appeared to be nonsense, anomalies or things like that, but after some time, also with the help of the new game version, I found out explanations for many of those. This game is not as simple as some of you might think. There is a lot to learn.
    It's my 3rd year lol.3rd month in forum
    I am learning many things as manager ,but after all I am player (not slackbot)lol
    Last edited by Abhinavsharma; 04-15-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast