Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How do bonuses work when being online/offline?

How do bonuses work when being online/offline?

The problem goes like this: Let's say a team has 8% in all 4 bonus areas and the opponent has 4% defence, 6% possession, 6% attack and 10% condition. During the game, the first player activates his possession bonus and the other player activates also the possesion bonus. Does this mean the first player gains 8-6=2% possession? Second question: if both players are not online during the match, how do the bonuses affect the outcome? Does the virtual manager activate the higher bonus for each team? Third question: one player is offline and one is online. The player who is offline benefits in any way from the training bonuses or they are lost? Does any of the training bonuses help your team if you are offline during the match?

As far as I understand it...

The training bonuses only come into effect when activated by a manager present at a match. Presumably the match engine has some sort of algorithm for dealing with the situation when both managers are present and activate the same bonus. If neither manager is present the only bonus active is the home stadium attendance bonus and any supporter bonuses, as has always been the case.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Dreamer
    I think about it differently.

In my understanding you always get the bonusses you've built up in training, even if offline and even if you don't activate them. I do still get comments after matches I didn't watch like: "Due to our condiditon bonus...". Then the benefit of being online is that you can enhance one of those bonusses by activating them (about four times a match).

In your example posession bonus of opponent will rise from 6% to 9% if activated. Not sure about the 8%, but let's say that if it goes to 12%, you'll have a 3% advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncton View Post
    I think about it differently.

In my understanding you always get the bonusses you've built up in training, even if offline and even if you don't activate them. I do still get comments after matches I didn't watch like: "Due to our condiditon bonus...". Then the benefit of being online is that you can enhance one of those bonusses by activating them (about four times a match).

In your example posession bonus of opponent will rise from 6% to 9% if activated. Not sure about the 8%, but let's say that if it goes to 12%, you'll have a 3% advantage.
    That could be it, too. But didn't I see somewhere that the maximum bonus is set at 10%? Is that just the maximum you can train for, or is it also the maximum you can use in-match...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    That could be it, too. But didn't I see somewhere that the maximum bonus is set at 10%? Is that just the maximum you can train for, or is it also the maximum you can use in-match...
    The max is 10% but you can raise one to 15% during matches
    And I think you will take advantage from bonuses as long as you train even without attending matches but no one would activate the rise to 15%

It seems that the bonus effect is there, but it is raised above the normal value when you activate it manually. Like Medo said, in the case when you have 10% bonus for something, when you activate it you get an extra 5%. So, activating bonuses manually appear (at least visually) to give the team an extra boost beyond what is already working as 'flat' bonus obtained due to training.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Moi
    You don't need to be present in order for these bonus to be applied. If you have 8% bonus in attack, you will get this bonus for any match you have on that day. What you won't get is the extra bonus that you can select during a match every 20 minutes, of course.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    You don't need to be present in order for these bonus to be applied. If you have 8% bonus in attack, you will get this bonus for any match you have on that day. What you won't get is the extra bonus that you can select during a match every 20 minutes, of course.
    thanks for the reply but can you tell me please, if we 're playing a game with the old version, the program still recognizes this X% bonus ?
    (suppose that we did our homework...eh, training I mean).
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    thanks for the reply but can you tell me please, if we 're playing a game with the old version, the program still recognizes this X% bonus ?
    (suppose that we did our homework...eh, training I mean).
    No, you don't get any bonus if you use the old version.
    Hahahaha.

P.S: joke
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

If the bonuses would still apply in any form, I would gladly forfeit my extra percentage and play the old version of the game instead of the new one during matches.
    I also have the impression that the bonuses apply to each match and you can enhance one of them with a few extra percents if you are online.
    Can anyone answer for sure if you get any bonus advantage if you use the old version during matches??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast