Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need a counter from experience

Need a counter from experience

Hi,

So ,i'm playing semi final cup and champions league the problem is both teams are stronger than me (which is not a big deal since even in 1/4 the teams where stronger than me and i won against them ) the only thing different this is that these two team are using a counter to my formation .

My formation is 4.2.3.1 and their is 4.5.1 FLAT

to be honest my formation is no good against 4.5.1 i already played against someone with that formation in my league and i did 1-1 first match then lost 5-2 second match our team quality were almost the same .

Now let's back to cup and CL , how to beat these two monsters

My cl semi final opponent
    Need  a counter from experience-cl.jpg

Cup semi final opponent (now i played already the first match of cup semi final and it went 1-1 i know if i don't change the formation i'll probably lose in the second match )

Need  a counter from experience-2.jpg

And this is my team , don't be fooled by the world class players, they are not scouts i bought them normally and trained them hard it's has been a half season of matches and hard training before they become world class
    Need  a counter from experience-3.jpg
    Last edited by ElPocho; 04-24-2016 at 01:03 PM.

I would probably go for a 3-5-2 flat or 3-5-2 V-style against a 4-5-1. Using defensive, counter-attacks, hard tackling, zonal defending if opponent is stronger. Set bonus to defensive to start with then depending on how it's going stick with that or go to attacking bonus. Hope that helps. Worth trying out in a friendly against a similar strength friend maybe?

KFC Loella.
    Level 29
    15 League Titles,
    3 Champions League,
    1 Cup.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

i remember trying 3-5-2 flat vs 4-5-1 before last year or something it didn't work maybe i didn't do the right tactics , and this year i made it this far in cl and cup by playing defense even if my tactic 4-2-3-1 is attacking one, i saw someone playing 3-1-3-1-2 against 4-5-1 and beat him good like 3-0 and 7-1 , what do you think about that formation ?

Rookie
    You have to see which are your best essencial players and what tactics you can use with your squad. Out of the blue without knowing your team I would say you need at least 3in the middle (MC-MC-MC) or MR-MC-ML or put down arrows in your AM's. For one ST you should only need 3 D's but I personally prefer the classic 4defensive line. We can always see the MR and ML very active in this kind of squads.

Quote Originally Posted by tgog79 View Post
    You have to see which are your best essencial players and what tactics you can use with your squad. Out of the blue without knowing your team I would say you need at least 3in the middle (MC-MC-MC) or MR-MC-ML or put down arrows in your AM's. For one ST you should only need 3 D's but I personally prefer the classic 4defensive line. We can always see the MR and ML very active in this kind of squads.
    As i'm looking at it from my side i may have a chance at cup but look at that team in CL i mean it's like he is from another planet , but if you see his stats in cl he only win like 2-1 or 1-0 which means he is playing hard defending ,coz if i have a team that strong i will make attack tactics and win like 5-0 every match

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    This post is from the Greek forum so it's in Greeks but you can see the pictures
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%A3%CF...2-4-5-1-a.html
    I would go with the formation of #5 & #6. (my teams).
    Defense/counter/flanks/long pass blue arrows in your defenders
    ElPocho likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    This post is from the Greek forum so it's in Greeks but you can see the pictures
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%A3%CF...2-4-5-1-a.html
    I would go with the formation of #5 & #6. (my teams).
    Defense/counter/flanks/long pass blue arrows in your defenders
    The formation looks good as a counter but his team is way stronger than the other one(in your link) ,so in my case it may work but 50/50 , again did you see that monster i'm playing against in cl xD

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yes I know but with this solid defense and quality you can't do much.
    Just set some kind of counter formation and hope that you 'll have a good day and oppo a bad one.
    The only weakness I can see is if set counter attack with long pass as he hasn't DMs.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Shouldn`t worry about it. From my experience if T11 want you to win regardless of your quality, you will win
    Thornton F.C level 23

Winner league in levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18, 19, 20,21,22

Winner champions league in level 6, 10
    Runner up CL in level 5, 8, 19

Cup finished 3rd in level 9,

Guys i'm really confused here , i saw people in my league with strong teams not world class beating the 4 5 1 flat formation with score 4-1 AND 4-3 by playing 4 3 3 .

i played today against the the strong team in cl semi final (look at post photo) and i lost 1-0 in his stadium( i played 3 1 3 1 2 a plan a saw it here in forum, i think i could lose more if i used my standard plan against him which is 4 2 2 1 1 ) which is nice it means i still have a chance in the second match ,i'm not sure yet where to use 3 5 2 or 4 3 3 (since it's kinda effective somehow?) what do you think guys ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast